Bad Gateway and frozen pages

gilflo

Hi guys

Each times I am using the search function and trying to find a topic on Kw Rocketry or Atomic age or some other mods i got a "don't find" response page, frozen page, blank or 502 Bad gateway page. 

I tried to send this topic from my iMac and the page froze, so now i am trying with my iPad..

is the migration completed?

i am looking for a list of updated mods. Is there something i am doing the wrong way?

thank you for answers

Heya, I would think that the forums are still being worked on - It is a major undertaking (as an ex server/web guy, I have been at the back bone of such massive migrations).

I assume that things will slowly sort themselves out over the next 24 hours with continual updates to follow.

The nginx server 502 bad gateway problem is an annoyance, but as I have worked with nginx - I can say with confidence that it is a powerful bit of server software that will enable the forum community expand into the future.

A good place to search for the mods is on Kerbal Stuff.

The 502 error has nothing to do with Nginx itself. It basically means: "Hey, I'm alive, but the application I'm relaying all your requests to is dead". When you see nginx 502 or 504 errors, it's never nginx's fault.

Edited by mrabinovich

I was getting bad 502 Gateway errors all day yesterday. I managed to get onto the forum for about five minutes, twice. Also, from what I could see, a lot all of the BBcode from old posts got messed up. So I think it's safe to say they're still working on it.

I can't be bothered even trying to fix my signature, what with how complicated it was.

EDIT: And when posting or editing the page freezes and you have to refresh, so you can never tell if it actually posted or not, especially since the site is so slow at the moment. My guess is the forum is still technically in the process of being updated, but it's at a stage where it's actually starting to be usable again, so they made it available,

Edited by TheMoonRover