77I- Praying Mantis MSTOL cargo plane

Azimech

I wanted a plane that could deliver goods in the mountains so I built one.

It's got heavy duty linked all-terrain suspension and is able to take off from the very first section of the runway and at least land on the snowy tops of mountains at 5.4 km altitude (see screenshots).

The name comes from the ridiculous looking suspension but in this case, function comes before form. Enjoy!

see 77I- Praying Mantis STOL on KerbalX.com

Nice, I've been working on a cargo drop aircraft that can deliver a base in parts to hard to reach areas - some good ideas here!

Quick question if you wouldn't mind fielding - your mountains look, well, more mountainy than mine, and your atmosphere is a touch more atmospheric.  Which mods have you deployed if any?

Thanks
SM

After seeing this craft I wanted to try out it's large cargo area with some rovers I made a while back, well one thing lead to another and I decided to make a Test Flight Video. Azimech requested some music and I added a little old rock song from a band I listened to a few years back from his side of the Atlantic.

Sector 7 Test Flight - Praying Mantis

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.