Petition: Return to VBulletin!

MedwedianPresident

Do you support the petition?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Voter names are public since it is a petition.

Let's continue to move forward.  Yes, I think there are some pain points here after the change, but I don't think it is anything that can't be fixed.  How about everyone vote on a new color theme instead of something that isn't going to/shouldn't happen. 

And also, let's not complain about the game no being 'Indie' anymore if that is the direction it's going... Squad deserves every bit of success they have earned by making this outstanding game, if they want to blow up the way Minecraft did and sell themselves to Microsoft for gobs of cash, I say good for them.

If you're referring to the thread title, fair enough, it's probably not going to happen.
If you're referring to my comment on restoring subscription data... not so much.

I'll vote for almost any colour scheme that a: doesn't look like a cheap faceborg copy, and b: doesn't make my eyes hurt because everything is almost-white on white. Can we please get some contrast over here?

Edited by steve_v

Look what a four second google search turned up.

O8cEPqd.png

Apparently it's possible to change colors. Strange. Perhaps we can put stuff like this forward as alternatives. Instead of "I don't like it. Make it go away."

Edited by Claw

^^
I agree...
Heres what another 4 sec Google search found:

forums.jpg

That shows a bone stock theme straight from IPS... That is what we were presented with when the forum went live... A lot of the complaining might have been prevented by playing with the theme & layout, to make it look more like the StrawHats theme, BEFORE it went live... I think if the packaging was at least customized a bit (at least with some contrast), people would have been able to accept the change a bit better...

I realise KasperVid probably put HUGE amounts of time and effort into trying to make this roll-out as smooth as possible... Kudos to him... :D
Unfortunately, tho, he's catching a lot of extra "stuff", just for the way things look...

SO, now, can we somehow get a nice looking theme going?... :D

Edited by Stone Blue

just passing by and playing the devil advocate a litl':

i found it somehow kinda strange that many people continuously ask squad to restart thing over and over (wich squad do most of the time, not to say always), but when they have themselve to restart a few thing from scratch with some of "their" thread & newforum, eventually the simple fact of posting, it's like it's the end of time.

i'm almost tempted to make some serious survey about it just to have a good laugh or not ... it might be fun at some point ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
(unity 5.0 & 1.1 wut might be the same somehow ?!)

That looks pretty good @tygoo7
It's not that bad, the forums I mean, and I expect it to get better over time, as SO many people are complaining about "eye-sore" fonts or background color. As for going back to vBulletin, it's probably not gonna happen. Not even a petition could make "they" go back after all that trouble with migrating and such.
DENIED

How To
Delete Tables
? ?

Edited by EuSouONumero345

Heres what I came up with a few days ago for myself... As you can see I like dark colors...I took aramil or n.b.z. s sheet and threw some random dark colors into random places...Wish i could have done more with the white and the font size & colors, but I am Stylish illiterate....

@tygoo7  How did you change the large inner white background to that very light blue?

And I forgot THIS pic:

AND yeah, more freaking learning curve to deal with to figure out how to get one simple, single imgur image into a post... :rolleyes:

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue

For the post box:

change this

.ipsBox:not(.ipsBox_transparent):not(.ipsModerated) {
    background-color: #fff;
}

to this

.ipsBox:not(.ipsBox_transparent):not(.ipsModerated) {
    background-color: #e5f2ff;
}

or use http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp to pick another colour. (replace the #XXXXXX)

snipblue_zpsamvaqkbn.png

To change the larger (inner background) change "#dbe2f0" (x3) to whatever value you want

#ipsLayout_contentWrapper {
    background-color: #dbe2f0;
    width: 100%;
}
    .ipsBreadcrumb.ipsBreadcrumb_top {
    background: #dbe2f0 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.075);
    margin: 0 20px 15px;
    padding: 12px 0;
}

#ipsLayout_mainArea, #ipsLayout_sidebar {
    background: #dbe2f0 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    display: table-cell;
    height: 100%;
        vertical-align: top;}
    DIV.ipsType_richText>P {
    -webkit-margin-before: 0.5em;
    -webkit-margin-after: 0.5em;
}

snipblu_zpsfy50woge.png

For anyone wanting to edit their "style" try to keep your colour selection to a minimum as to many colours can look.....well wrong.

Edited by aramil

I agree that the current version is quite bland...

Mp2l2t5.png

But I think that the primary concern for Squad right now is to get things up and running, and the goal of the transition, aside from getting things to work, was to keep downtime to a minimum. It seems that we're now in a phase where the emphasis is on getting the functionality of the forum in line with what the community wants. Once that's worked out, we'll likely see some window dressing. Yes, it's painfully bland, but it works. That's the most important thing. The blandness will be addressed once everything else is out of the way, I'm sure.

Edited by Kerbart

56 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

But I think that the primary concern for Squad right now is to get things up and running, and the goal of the transition, aside from getting things to work, was to keep downtime to a minimum. It seems that we're now in a phase where the emphasis is on getting the functionality of the forum in line with what the community wants. Once that's worked out, we'll likely see some window dressing. Yes, it's painfully bland, but it works. That's the most important thing. The blandness will be addressed once everything else is out of the way, I'm sure.

Yes, well, I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but a LOT of that should have been done & figured out BEFORE a full public roll-out...

I feel like I've gone to a car dealership, and the salesman sold me a new, 2015 $50k sportscar, that drives like an electric scooter chair, and the body is all shaped out of cardboard boxes...

Salesman says "We had to get SOMETHING basic out by the start of the model year, so this is it... but dont worry, our engineers are still working on adding an upgraded V8, turbocharged motor to replace the 12HP electric motor...Oh, and the pedal brakes will be upgraded to 16" Brembo calipers once we figure out how to get them to fit the new 26" lowprofile rims we are planning to replace the 12" Mini Cooper wheels on there now... Oh, and the cardboard box body will be replaced once our designers are finished with designing the new aerodynamic carbon fiber panels, and after our machine operators learn how to use the molding machines.... But dont worry, you'll LOVE the in-dash social media connectivity we added... You'll be able to share EVERY moment, and every time you pass gas, and pick your nose, and sing at the top of your lungs, INSTANTLY,  with ALL your online friends while driving this beauty... :D "

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Yes, well, I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but a LOT of that should have been done & figured out BEFORE a full public roll-out...

I feel like I've gone to a car dealership, and the salesman sold me a new, 2015 $50k sportscar, that drives like an electric scooter chair, and the body is all shaped out of cardboard boxes...

Salesman says "We had to get SOMETHING basic out by the start of the model year, so this is it... but dont worry, our engineers are still working on adding an upgraded V8, turbocharged motor to replace the 12HP electric motor...Oh, and the pedal brakes will be upgraded to 16" Brembo calipers once we figure out how to get them to fit the new 26" lowprofile rims we are planning to replace the 12" Mini Cooper wheels on there now... Oh, and the cardboard box body will be replaced once our designers are finished with designing the new aerodynamic carbon fiber panels, and after our machine operators learn how to use the molding machines.... But dont worry, you'll LOVE the in-dash social media connectivity we added... You'll be able to share EVERY moment, and every time you pass gas, and pick your nose, and sing at the top of your lungs, INSTANTLY,  with ALL your online friends while driving this beauty... :D "

Except in this example you got the car for free.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.