November 30th 2015 - Spacecraft Fri..er Monday - Land, Sea, Air & Space

FlipNascar

QUrMleU.png

Shamelessly ripped this banner from pTrevTrevs

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

So for this week's theme, amid the chaos of the forum switchover, sadly I didn't have as much time as I had hoped. So today's theme, Land, Sea, Air & Space. One a pop. There were some good contenders that weren't featured. Again, my criteria were very arbitrary. However these four made me smile and mostly enjoy watching my CPU try and melt itself. My other criteria, I wanted to feature less well-known builders. So my preferences ignored well-known builders. And I was being lazy... So there's the criteria. Now onto the craft.

Land

andrew123's T-72A: It's a tank. And it's a beautiful piece of work. It looks like a tank, it drives like a tank that those endos, and it spins its turret. I just wanted it to shoot stuff so I can go bombard the eejits that inhabit the VAB building...

T-72A Thread link

apWX9cS.png

Air

Bubbadevlin's F86 Sabre. This is a nice little replica, I had two teeny gripes (nose shape slightly off, and this version has a tailwheel rather than a nosewheel - eh potato potaato), but had so much fun hootling around the KSC that I forgot about them. 

Sabre thread link

cVES5Bf.jpg

Sea

EladDv's Pompeii. The missiles this thing carries are just too cute. I love them. Sadly, my FPS was limiting so while I tested it, I can only vouch for how much fun I had mashing the space bar and watching the missiles fly away like cute little missiles.

Pompeii thread link

vuO5nqH.png

Space

Bill Zarr's Enterprise: I don't really know what to say about this one. It's the Enterprise, yet in a manageable size. Yes I enjoyed a slideshow, so I didn't try it with the shuttle. But the launch system it came with me was surprisingly easy. Even for a moron like me that hasn't actually been to space in a long time. Heck, I can't even remember how to build a rocket these days...

USS Enterprise thread link

MVhxEsql.jpg

Edited by FlipNascar

Thanks for the feature mate. it's been a huge project for me, trying to make it sink with all of the armament was a huge problem but somehow it's neutrally buoyant... it was my first big project for some time and more are coming at the future 

This reminds me, I need to build something! I've gotten into Total War and War Thunder so much lately that I've neglected KSP. The forum update hasn't helped things in that regard either.

Good crafts, glad to see my knockoff logo is seeing some use, although if I had known people would use it at all, I would have made that strikethrough like straight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.