Positive changes from the forum update

Kerbas_ad_astra

While the update probably hasn't been as smooth as most of us would have liked, I definitely appreciate that threads now display 25 posts per page.  Ten felt a little restrictive.  (I could do without the eye-candy page-transition animation, but whatevs.)

For Squad's future reference, what other features of the forum update do you all appreciate?  What do we want kept in future updates (or as this update progresses)?

How hard can forum management be anyway? You would be surprised.

At this point (not really liking a lot of aspects about this update), the thing I appreciate most is my session no longer times-out. That was a major pain and problem for me in the past... nothing worse than writing up a post, adding images, etc, hitting submit only to find my session is no longer logged in. :confused:

6 hours ago, LordFerret said:

How hard can forum management be anyway? You would be surprised.

I meant the tag in the same tongue-in-cheek sense as "How hard can rocket science be, anyway?"  I'm aware of the challenges of juggling websites and forums -- and considering that everything's made it through more-or-less intact, I'm not too bothered by the transition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.