Sign in to follow this  
MedwedianPresident

Make the forum wider!

I think that too much space is lost because the forum is not as wide as the old one, meaning that all fonts appear larger and you can't see many threads or posts on one page without scrolling. I think that the forum should be made MUCH wider. It would be a step towards the better style of vBulletin.

It does feel like there's more wasted space than before. Larger margins, and larger user-info on the left side of posts, etc.

I prefer the narrower layout. The old one was far too wide, I found it impossible to read. Now, all the text is in my field of view, and it's sooooo much easier to read quickly. There's a reason that books are taller than they are wide. Reading the old forums was like trying to read a paper written in PowerPoint.

I'm finding it depends on which computer I'm using. On my home desktop it looks pretty decent as-is. On my work computer, which has a lower pixel density monitor, I find that I need to hit Ctrl-minus to zoom out a step to make it look good, which I didn't need to do on the old forum.