Favorite Car

Bill Phil

Since there have been favorite space movie threads, as well as a favorite rocket thread, and a favorite aircraft thread in the past, I thought it would a good idea to make a favorite car thread.

cadillac-series-62-convertible-coupe.654

CA0813-161523_1.jpg

This would have to be my favorite. The 1949 Cadillac Convertible. The new OHV engine was quite an improvement to their old sidevalve.

Anyways, what are your favorites?

Note: None of these are my pictures in any way.

Edited by Bill Phil

Favourite car? Now there's a tough one. The Jaguar E-Type is fabulous, that's a good one to start with:

800px-1963_Jaguar_XK-E_Roadster.jpg

The Range Rover is a good candidate for all around the best car there is, but I wouldn't call it my favourite, it's nice to be in but lacks really appealing style to look at.

As a kid I always like the Aston Martin DB5 because of James Bond.  Then, as an unrealistic and imaginative teen I was into Maseratis.  Lately, if I won the lottery I would by a Tesla, but I would have to say that my favourite car is the Mistubishi I-Miev, because I own one; it's mine!

On 3/12/2015 06:08:12, legoclone09 said:

I like my Mustangs. Especially the old ones from late 60's/early 70's.

ford-00089-1.jpg

Same for me. But I'd like one that has been updated with today's technology like the gt350 cr

shelby-gt350cr-by-cl_800x0w.jpg

However I can't afford this and I'm a bike person too so this was my favorite

DSC_0164a.jpg

Edited by Nookos

Puh that's a tough one... i would say my favourite car is the Tesla Model S. I like the style, i like the innovations and overall i like what this company does to push the automobile industry forward.

Tesla-Model-s-P85D-exterior.jpg

But  i also love Mustangs and other cars from the muscle car era in the late 60s, like the Dodge Charger or the Plymouth Barracuda.

I also love BMWs from the late 80s early 90s like the E30... i had one on my own and wanted to resurrect it, but time, money and simply space, prevented me from doing so :-/

From supercar perspective i love Aston Martin, especially the Vanquish.

Edited by TheLoki

puh or pun not sure (you geek xDr, i watched nasa.tv this morning , related to weather and cygnus launch, and they showed a rover proto like that with the same kind of front + rear orientable wheel), ever heard of www.jarvis.com.au ? they have some nice subaru , but i always prefered the mitsubishi gto twin turbo tweakability , )

NAS-Mitsubishi-GTO-MK1-Twin-Turbo-Black-

612dfd46a3c0cf8e.jpg

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Favourite car I've ever had the pleasure to drive is this:

2iravx3.jpg

That's a '95 Mercedes C36 AMG, which you can read about here. It remains the only car I have ever driven with power headrests :D

In all seriousness though, the car was an absolute pleasure to drive. Something missing from most pictures (and probably a modification to mine before it passed into my hands for a while) is the car phone, and the car phone ariel that made it look like an unmarked police car. The only problem was a serious lack of freon in the AC unit when I was driving it (it was never mine, just a loaner for a few months), which given mine was dark blue with a black interior was an occasional issue.

My favourite car that I would actually like to own is this, a Nissan 370:

21obwo3.jpg

And here is the topspeed review for that as well, because why not.

And perhaps I need a favorite classic, and again, it's hard to not go with the one you have actually driven, so I guess I will go for the MG MGB GT:

16labec.jpg

It's either that, or a John Deere 410 Backhoe :huh:

I think that Mercedes is still my ultimate favourite though, and probably will be unless I someday own a Nissan Z series (will probably change before I can afford one). That was a freaking nice car, even if it wasn't stick shift (it was tiptronic, which is stick shift for ninnies. Usually just left it in auto).

Edited by Randox

Flying Frankenstein, my own car, the one I've assembled myself. It had a carbureted engine with 5 manual, I've given it a turbodiesel with automatic, digital dashboard and a panel at the ceiling with 12 switches for power, engine control and starting. It already had self-leveling hydro-pneumatic suspension and 80 bar power brakes. Bought it 9 years ago, transformed it into it's current form 2 years later. It's 31 years old and it's my wish to keep this driving for as long as possible, at least another 20 years. It's maintenance costs are very low because I'm my own mechanic.

On December 2, 2015 at 4:39:24 PM, MastaSchmitty said:

It's stainless, retro-futuristic, and you can get a "new" one for $45K.

One of these days....

Before I saw your choice, I was going to post about the Bricklin Safety Vehicle:

bricklin06.jpg

Depending on who you ask, its one of the worst cars ever, but the concept is still cool.

I either add a second vote for the DB5 because of James Bond, or pick my dads 1970 Barracuda. That is a mean looking car. His is still a work in progress, but he replaced its tiny 340 with a 440 engine, and it has some get-up-and-go to it.

Old Mercedes coupes are simply gorgeous.  My grandfather bought one way back in the day, and though I never got to drive it, I got to sit in it, and it is nice.  It wasn't around long enough for me to remember exactly which model and year, but it was between '50 - late '60, but it looked like the one below, but white and topless.  So probably a different model, but very similar body.  Also I don't think his had the gull-wings, so it was likely a different car entirely... I don't know anymore.

Also one of the most beautiful car designs ever, in my opinion.

SE69-RESTO-MB-300SL-700x466.jpg

Edited by Slam_Jones

5 minutes ago, Nibb31 said:

Always has been, and always will be, the Mighty Mini.

Not sure if I'd say favourite, but those are a lot of fun to drive. :D

Edited by steve_v

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.