ARGHHHHH

kiwi1960

This is now a joke. I spent ages typing a new post only to get the bad gateway message.

SCREW IT! I still don't know why the old forums had to die for this....JOKE!

Way to KILL a community.

I might return one day... who knows... maybe you will all see the light and force then killers to put the old community back.

You went backwards.... not forwards.

Thanks for the fish! :(

I suspect that Kasper and the others working on the forums are still attempting to get things running server-wise, and that's the cause of the Bad Gateway messages we're seeing (the old forum had its fair share of them when the severs were acting up, do recall). My advice is to just give them a day or so to set everything straight, then come back and familiarize yourself with the new layouts.

I thought the target to get things up and running was Monday. It's still Sunday. I don't expect it to work fully yet. I'm happy it's already up! I'm sure it'll be reliable by the end of the week.

If you expect server changes to be happening flawlessly in less than a day at any organization where it's not the core business... Well, the world will hold some nasty surprises for you!

10 minutes ago, CalculusWarrior said:

My advice is to just give them a day or so to set everything straight, then come back and familiarize yourself with the new layouts.

It literally makes my eyes hurt ( that's not a metaphor ). I don't mind the 502s, I'm well aware of how software rollouts can go ( although why this wasn't run as a mirror of the old forum for a bit I dunno ) but the presentation side of the new software is completely obnoxious. I guess if it makes me stay away at least I'll get some other things done...

All we need is a few themes.

Personally, the only part of this whole thing that would be white is the square where you type your posts in. 

Everything else needs to be darker.

Also the double line jump when typing needs to go, it's annoying, lol.  Umm seems to be when I do an "Enter" to skip a line...  Let me try notepad + Cut/paste

This is a test.... [enter]
next line is this !

Welp I know how I'm going to post from now on.

Edited by Francois424

BB code is dead which means 90% of old threads are dead. This actually pisses me and a lot of people off.

EDIT: All my OP threads are broken, Links dead, This is an insult to the people of this forum. I bid it good day. 

Edited by zekes

I have also decided to delete the game, I won't be supporting it any more.

They killed the community, what is the point in staying? The new forums are ugly, slow, annoying, filled with errors and every single post of the past is dead... why bother? Why did they not tell us all to go to hell, delete the forums, put this one in its place and tell us to start again... THAT would have been the honest thing to do... what we have now is a constant reminder of what was...

and what use is that, unless they enjoy watching us suffer?

Way to go guys.... you not only killed the community, but you killed the game as well, at least, for me.

I have lost all respect for you.... and still I do not understand WHY you did this? The word "cretins" keeping popping into my head for some reason.

22 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

I have also decided to delete the game, I won't be supporting it any more.

They killed the community, what is the point in staying? The new forums are ugly, slow, annoying, filled with errors and every single post of the past is dead... why bother? Why did they not tell us all to go to hell, delete the forums, put this one in its place and tell us to start again... THAT would have been the honest thing to do... what we have now is a constant reminder of what was...

and what use is that, unless they enjoy watching us suffer?

Way to go guys.... you not only killed the community, but you killed the game as well, at least, for me.

I have lost all respect for you.... and still I do not understand WHY you did this? The word "cretins" keeping popping into my head for some reason.

2 years in the forums and now you run off just 3 days after the migration?

i mean a new forum is the right idea, but the person who took this software in 2015 shoud be fired. there are so many great Forum software out there. and this is the worst option ever from all of them

Thats just my opinion and i can live with this. *flys away for just cause 3 and  DCS NTTR realease soon

Edited by whaaw

I've seen far worse forum layouts on other forums, an unattractive forum layout isn't enough to deter me as long as it functions smoothly. I agree that a bit more contrast wouldn't hurt, I like things to be clearly separated.

Edited by Mjarf
had more to add

The 502 error was only them doing maintenance.  When we got back on the forums, we really weren't supposed to have been there, really.  They went back down for a reason.  I don't expect to see the error anymore.

Personally, I don't mind the new forums.  They will take some getting used to sure, but every new thing does.  Once things are up and running smoothly and a large portion of the member base has had a chance to take it for a spin I bet things will even themselves out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.