ARGHHHHH

kiwi1960

Way to go to throw temper tantrum. Am i completely happy with new forum? No. It's too...white, and bright and buttons are in wrong places etc. etc. and so on. But i'm not going to spit and yell at the SQUAD people and their game. Because no matter what they would do, which forum software would be installed, and which layout would be chosen as final, there inevitably would be people complaining. There is no option that would make everyone happy. We have forum that works, it can be improved with time. Constructive criticism and honest opinions will do more good than yelling "You suck! I quit forevah!".:angry:

13 hours ago, zekes said:

BB code is dead which means 90% of old threads are dead. This actually pisses me and a lot of people off.

EDIT: All my OP threads are broken, Links dead, This is an insult to the people of this forum. I bid it good day. 

You quitting for good this time or is that another attempt to seek attention?

Edited by Majorjim

16 minutes ago, Flymetothemun said:

No official statements have been made, but I have reason to suspect that there's a nefarious motive behind this. We'll have to see in time what happens.

Hanlon's Razor:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

11 hours ago, dangerhamster said:

Way to go with the proportional response there. What do you do if the post is late, assassinate all the posties?

That was actually really restrained. I just noticed that the forum is now well readable on the iPhone. Et tu, Tim Cook? Et tu? So, aside from deleting the game, thrashing my hard disk, burning my math books I will now cancel my phone service as well, to remove all the traces of KSP taint out of my life.

16 minutes ago, razark said:

Hanlon's Razor:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks for the reminder. Although, to be fair, almost everybody that I've met that has done something stupid has also been malicious at the same time, so I tend to mix the two.

Sheesh people, there's nothing nefarious going on about spending money on a new software license for the forum. VB4 is aging, non-secure and support for it is dwindling. VB5 was not workable for a variety of reasons (just have a quick google for vBulletin 5 issues, they have a lot of unhappy customers). IPS4 is a newer platform with better support and core features, and has a fair sized community developing add-on plugins for it.

I agree there's been some feature loss, give it some time and most if not all of it will be restored, and we already have some new features we didn't have before. Have a little patience and give yourself some time to get used to the new layout.

5 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Sheesh people, there's nothing nefarious going on about spending money on a new software license for the forum.

But but but...

It's changed!  Change is bad!  Things we don't understand frighten us!  Just look at how we react every time a new update is released.

I'm not thrilled.  A lot of that will probably fade over time, though, as I get used to it and gain more familiarity with the new stuff.  The loss of subscription lists is probably what irks me the most.

OK, I returned to read the replies, but I got angry when i saw some of the replies I got.

Here is my answer to you!!! No, actually... I don;t want to be banned, I want to leave on my terms!

Let me just say this to you, so you understand... wait, YOU understand, I don't understand, none of us do, WHY? Its a simple question, why doesn't someone involved in this screw up answer us that? WHY????

OK, now, I am 55.5 years old, I suffer from M.S. which involves a whole bunch of different symptoms, no two cases of M.S. are ever alike, and there is no cure. Two of my symptoms are dementia which I live with, change is hard to take, I expect everything to be in the same place I left it, like, posts about bugs and stuff. Change on this scale makes me angry. The second symptom is double vision! (and I hate this ... word wrap crap.... :( ) DOUBLE not DOU- on one line, and BLE on the next line!!!)

The double vision is affected badly by large white spaces, sure, I have a wide monitor... but this is impossible. The eye strain is starting to cause headaches.

NOW, since I have told you that, let me tell you something else.

I have, since I joined the internet, used all the most popular forms of forum scripts. before that, I used BBS software.

However, the BEST was always VBBS (what this site used last week) and the worst, or one of them, was the one this site currently uses.

WHY????

Still. For the reasons they had, which they won't share.... we are stuck with this abomination!

I won't be here as often, if at all, because I have to protect my eyes.

:(

30 minutes ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

@ColKlonk

I'm sorry, what? 

Also, an ellipsis has three periods, not two.

network funnies... ??

Somehow my Orbiter videos got deleted in posting...

A message to Kiwi not to get despondant about KSP - the minecraft of space.

For reality.. Orbiter..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/leurifd5814rfhk/ZZZ.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vopqv1bikiubtea/NedsDustbin.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfniph5et4ahfg6/ISS.mp4?dl=0

Let's see if this works :-)

1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

WHY????

Still. For the reasons they had, which they won't share.... we are stuck with this abomination!

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Sheesh people, there's nothing nefarious going on about spending money on a new software license for the forum. VB4 is aging, non-secure and support for it is dwindling. VB5 was not workable for a variety of reasons (just have a quick google for vBulletin 5 issues, they have a lot of unhappy customers). IPS4 is a newer platform with better support and core features, and has a fair sized community developing add-on plugins for it.

I agree there's been some feature loss, give it some time and most if not all of it will be restored, and we already have some new features we didn't have before. Have a little patience and give yourself some time to get used to the new layout.

A few posts above... Things are bound to change, especially software. You can't honestly expect software not to change..

18 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

This is now a joke. I spent ages typing a new post only to get the bad gateway message.

SCREW IT! I still don't know why the old forums had to die for this....JOKE!

Way to KILL a community.

I might return one day... who knows... maybe you will all see the light and force then killers to put the old community back.

You went backwards.... not forwards.

Thanks for the fish! :(

Do you honestly believe that?

A functioning forum is still intrinsically better than one that doesn't work, which would've happened to VB4 in due time. VB5 isn't doing all that well either.

I'm more indifferent, but I do prefer this new one, mostly thanks to quality of life features which are mostly ignored. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to actually post stuff from imgur in the future? :)

Hugix; I expect software to change, and in the process, move forward. NOT backwards!

Hobbes Novakoff; .....really? So....... this is annoying you......? Hmmm..... oh dear... how sad..... never mind. Now you know how I feel about this script? right?....... :)

Bill Phil; What would be the point of having all the features in existence if no one liked the forums to actually log on and see your creations?

35 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Hugix; I expect software to change, and in the process, move forward. NOT backwards!

Hobbes Novakoff; .....really? So....... this is annoying you......? Hmmm..... oh dear... how sad..... never mind. Now you know how I feel about this script? right?....... :)

Bill Phil; What would be the point of having all the features in existence if no one liked the forums to actually log on and see your creations?

I wouldn't say the ellipsis annoys him, but makes you look like a 12 year old. And with what Bill Phil said: If the VB4 forums stopped working, with no support avaliable (VB4 official support going away soon), the forums would die. Period. At least this works

Just need to change the theme so there is less white... its annoys my eyes.

As for looking like a 12 year old, I'm 55 ... I couldn't care less how old I seem to others based on what or who I am... you either like me or not, and if its not, I simply couldn't care less. I don't spend my life trying to impress others... its pointless.

1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

Well then, why do people log on?

"No one" is a large exaggeration.

Just need to change the theme so there is less white... its annoys my eyes.

As for looking like a 12 year old, I'm 55 ... I couldn't care less how old I seem to others based on what or who I am... you either like me or not, and if its not, I simply couldn't care less. I don't spend my life trying to impress others... its pointless.

I'm sorry, but "its annoys my eyes" is not constructive feedback whatsoever. There are things that you may find sub-optimal with the forums. Try something like "The white is too bright for my tastes, maybe darken it or add screenshots or some such." Was that so hard?

Please tell me how you have managed to get through 55 years of your life without ever needing to make  a positive impression on someone.

OK, I'm sorry iof you are incapable of actually reading replies, Hobbes... so I'll say it again... and I'll make sure YOU can see it...

I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis and with that, Double
 vision. So my eyes have to do twice the work yours does, and all this white actually hurts my eyes.
Got it now???? Or do i have to repeat myself AGAIN? Better yet, just keep quiet and lets those with real power do the talking because you are NOT helping by sticking your nose in.

Bill Phil.... it was a what if example... what if no one liked this script and never got to see what you did here?

Maybe I should ask the young kids to just stay out of this for the time being... please.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.