Kerny Kerman's Journal (mission reports from a Kerbal's point of view) [Chapter 86: "The slow passage of time, adrift in space."]

adsii1970

26 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

no, there will be consequences to her narrow-mindedness, I am sure

23 hours ago, roboslacker said:

Even so, I don't see any happy endings in Samantha's future.

There are several questions I am struggling with:

• Should this be a crisis that spans several chapters (between 7 to 10) with the thread of Katrine only coming through every now and then?
  • Should this crisis be ended before Kerny goes back into space? (which I am inclined NOT to do - it could create some rather significant problems for Kerny and his crew!)
  • How far should I take it - do I create a crisis so serious that it threatens to divide the government or do I let it easily resolve itself?

I have already thought of a few different scenarios that I would love to see play out... But I'm interested in hearing what you think.

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Is this dead? Or @adsii1970 are you planning something really big for the next chapter?

We will find out....next time!!

I'll answer this one... No, it's not dead. But @adsii1970 has said several times on here, he's a university professor, and they don't get a summer break. So he's writing in his spare time. 

Bottom line, don't worry, Kerny isn't dead, @adsii1970 is just a little busy with real life. 

Just now, Just Jim said:

I'll answer this one... No, it's not dead. But @adsii1970 has said several times on here, he's a university professor, and they don't get a summer break. So he's writing in his spare time. 

Bottom line, don't worry, Kerny isn't dead, @adsii1970 is just a little busy with real life. 

Yeah, real life tends to get in the way A LOT. I can understand that :D

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Is this dead? Or @adsii1970 are you planning something really big for the next chapter?

We will find out....next time!!

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

@Just Jim nailed it! This summer has been crazy busy. One of the two colleges I teach for had an adjunct quit during the first week of the semester. So, under the "other duties as assigned," I inherited the one class she was teaching. Instead of just 2 classes this summer, I am now teaching 3, U.S. History since 1865, World Civilization to 1500, and U.S. History since 1945. Right now, I have this open in one tab as I grade exams...

This story is far from dead. I am hoping to get the next chapter out sometime between Saturday and Monday. I've got a few screenshots done for the chapter. I'm still in 1.3.0 right now and still  need to roll over to 1.4.4 once that update drops. I'm hoping that it will be the last update for a while as that's one of the reasons I've not rolled over to 1.4 yet.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yeah, real life tends to get in the way A LOT. I can understand that :D

I hear you - and you're right. It most certainly does.

Was able to work on the next chapter a little today. Here's a couple of teaser shots to keep your interest:

eyxtH4u.png

adlYL5F.png

On 6/11/2018 at 12:51 PM, roboslacker said:

Even so, I don't see any happy endings in Samantha's  Katrine's future.

That's actually kind of funny considering that @Just Jim and I are friends and sometimes we actually cross story lines...

On 6/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, adsii1970 said:

Was able to work on the next chapter a little today. Here's a couple of teaser shots to keep your interest:

eyxtH4u.png

adlYL5F.png

That's actually kind of funny considering that @Just Jim and I are friends and sometimes we actually cross story lines...

OOOOOOO!

:P

By the way @adsii1970 what KSP version are you playing on? Have you been able to bring Kerny into 1.4??

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Just now, adsii1970 said:

I'm stuck in 1.3.0 for now. I'm going to need a graphics card update and more RAM.

If you can, it would be great to bring the new features into the story. For example, you could ditch your current parachute mod and just use the new EVA 'chutes instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Just a quick note. I was talking to @adsii1970 earlier, and he asked if I'd stop by and let you all know he's been really, really busy, but is planning on having a new chapter ready by Friday.  :)

Edited by Just Jim

Moho 19, Y003 
"
Sometimes, the most difficult thing to do is to wait..."
Chapter 62

Yesterday afternoon, we watched as Discovery VI, the first mission to the Mün since the last anomaly, launched from the space center. The launch was perfect and made me miss the simplicity of my early missions. The crew's roster followed the balanced crew approach KASA has used since the early days of Captains Jebediah, Bill, and Bob - a pilot, an engineer, and a scientist. This mission would be far more complex than those early missions of those three great Kerbalnauts.

vDHbIDW.png

eeFNe3D.png

o9PYyra.png

This mission, Lieutenant Commander Orvin, and his crew, Ensigns Crista and Gemtrice, will go to the Mün, dock with one of the landers in orbit, and descend to the Northern Arch Settlement. Once at the settlement, the mission's pilot and engineer will descend to the surface and check the stability of the of the settlement. This mission, along with the next five missions to the Mün, were approved by Dr. Edmund. According to the last video report from New Kerbin City, Prime Consul Katrine has said they will continue as scheduled.

LgITHX3.png

6hwUlio.png

stY0YPi.png

There's been a lot of discussion about the future of KASA and the KDF now with Dr. Edmund gone. Although he has been gone for roughly three days already, Senior Consul Rayven has already let her presence be known. Earlier this afternoon, while we were flying from Chibi Island this morning, we heard the KDF daily update audio broadcast. Within the broadcast was the official announcement that Orbital Station Lackland Kerman, a planned station beyond Minmus but still within the Kerbin's sphere of influence, has been scrapped.

Fb0aWpu.png

adlYL5F.png

JRdyiNC.png

We watched the launch and the images from the capsule once orbit was achieved. There's an exhilaration of the launch, the staging, and then the ultimate experience of actually achieving orbit. I've never completely understood the physics behind it, but Dr. Wernher actually told us during training that all an orbit is is a kind of controlled fall. The speed we are traveling around Kerbin somehow negates the fall to the surface. It's not the explanation hen gave but...

"Kerny," Maxbas asked. "Is it really that beautiful up there? Up in space?"

"No," I began. "It's even more beautiful. It is more beautiful to see it with your own eyes rather than watching it from a monitor. But for now, this will work."

As we watched the video feed, my personal K-Pad chirped. Glancing down at the small device, a single framed message from Kuzzter downloaded and was now being displayed. No orders, no communications headers, simply one of Dr. Zarkov's charts.

eyxtH4u.png

As soon as I saw the image, the K-Pad let out another tone. I had a message coming through. This time it was Colonel Ralph. Since his assignment to explore Kerbin's surface, he's taken his orders seriously. Even when his vessel had been ordered back to the space center for upgrades, he and a small detachment took a ground surveyor and continued the exploration mission while Major Doodemone did the round trip mission which took the Muyal Otoch to and from the KSC

"Captain Kerny," Ralph began. "Are you in a secure location?"

"Let me go downstairs to the geology lab, Colonel." I replied. Whatever it was, Ralph rarely had the need to use secure communications protocols.

roXbrIn.png

vykN3kH.png

lr7DIRU.png

"Captain," Ralph began. "There has been some developments I've been told about. Earlier yesterday, Doodemone returned from the space center. Apparently, one of the upgrades to my ship has been a repeater - which essentially sends a copy of every message we send or receive to New Kerbin City -- "

"How does that change things? This?" I interrupted.

a0wgn7j.png

"It means we have to be extra cautious. I'm currently in the cab of the ground surveyor and am using its on-board communications equipment. Since this vehicle wasn't upgraded, nothing is monitored. And much to Dr. Angelo's credit, the communications equipment on the surveyor bypasses connecting to the airship's antennae array -- "

"Which means you're not being monitored --" I interrupted.

"Exactly," he resumed. "but already my engineers are dismantling the repeater. Doodemone actually began working on it once they were beyond the 70 kilometer recall zone around the KSC. Once all the components have been ripped out, we'll have to land and shut down the computer system and reboot. Then we'll be back in the air."

9f1TuNP.png

b49WPy8.png

hrX2lFq.png

"Have you heard any more about the coordinates?" I asked. We were stuck on Chibi Island until Commodore Valentina sends those coordinates.

"No," Ralph added. "She's been real quiet since the death of Dr. Edmund. But from what I know, there's still a meeting planned. It's just a matter of where. And there's something else I need to discuss with you, Kerny -- "

"Sure, go ahead." I could see there was something more serious than the meeting on his mind.

"Kerny," Ralph began with a heavy sigh. "I've been in contact with Dr. Zarkov; I have a feeling -- and I cannot explain it -- but I think we are about to have another anomaly -- "

"Well, Dr. Zarkov said one is coming, one which may be severe." I interrupted. Knowing Ralph's past, I can understand why he is weary of the anomalies.

"Kerny," his tone much more serious, "this one will be bad -- "

DJwaFFL.png

aUTAZPB.png

1Boif6n.png

For the next ten minutes I listened as Ralph shared his experiences of being in space during an anomaly and the most recent findings of Dr. Zarkov. Then he began discussing what he called the anomaly precursors - an unidentified object detected in orbit around the Mün, the unidentified object we found orbiting Minmus, and the increasingly noticeable hum coming from the monolith near the space center. While I knew about those, I was unaware of the increased gravioli waves Dr. Zarkov has detected from his network of orbital satellites.  Ralph believes the increased gravioli waves are a part of the anomaly phenomenon and with these newer developments, an anomaly is coming. The next time I have the chance to talk to Ensign Triy, I want to ask her some questions about what she went through with the last anomaly.

+++

"Well, Kerny," he added, "Doodemone has just sent a flash that he's ordered the landing procedures to begin. We'll resume our journey once the system is rebooted. Ralph out." And with that, the channel closed. 

"Kerny," the voice of Maxbas called out from the upstairs dormitories. "You've got a call coming through -- "

wWBR7TJ.png

As I made my way upstairs, I noticed the image on the screen was of a first year cadet. "Captain," Lieutenant Agay explained. "She's calling on behalf of Commodore Valentina -- Sir, you actually know her?!"

As I made my way to the chair next to Maxbas, I couldn't hold back a light chuckle. "Yes, Lieutenant, I've met her. Cadet, please put the commodore through..."

"Aye, sir," she replied. And within a brief moment and flicker of the video monitor, the commodore appeared.

"Ah, Captain Kerny," she started. "I'm sorry I've called you after Kerbolset." Until that moment, I did not realize what time it was. But once she pointed out our local time, I realized I had been on a call with Ralph for nearly two hours! It was now dark outside.

"Ma'am," my response being more out of courtesy, "it isn't a problem. We're still wide awake here -- "

"Good, Kerny," she continued. "I have decided to change the location. In ten minutes, you will receive a locked data packet containing your new orders."

"I understand, ma'am," I replied.

"Lieutenant Colonel Ralph has told me about recent upgrades to his communications equipment," she added. "He's assured me they can be taken out -- "

xcrNHuo.png

GHeZUBA.png

"Yes, ma'am!" I interrupted. "Right before your video call, he and I were talking -- "

"Secure call?" she fired back.

"Yes, ma'am -- ," I replied. But before I could continue, she interrupted me again.

"The equipment here, on board the Sinaan and the way station equipment you're using have not been upgraded yet. This is a secure call and is not being monitored. But from this point - including the new sea goose - don't risk it. There are too many things at play right now. Do you understand, Captain?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Her meaning was clear.

KzZalQR.png

"Ah, Senior Consul Maxbas!" Valentina added. "It's good to see you're well. I've been told to relay a message to you. I don't understand what it means but Gene said you'd know. He's asked me to tell you, 'tacos and sea bugs make for happy travelers' - whatever that means."

Immediately I noticed Maxbas' disposition change. No longer smiling, her face was very business-like. Whatever the message actually meant was unknown to all of us but her. And apparently she understood the meaning perfectly. After what seemed like a very awkward amount of time, she replied in a cold and authoritarian manner, "Commodore, would you relay a message to Gene for me?"

"Yes, Senior Consul," she replied. It was clear that Valentina understood this to an order from a military superior than a friend.

And Maxbas' response was more of a military leader's command than simply a message to be relayed for a concerned friend. "Tell Gene, 'then order the sea bugs and we'll eat the tacos when Minmus rises."

"Huh?" Valentina asked. "Is that what you want me to tell him? It doesn't make a lot of sense -- "

"Yes, Commodore," Maxbas added, "You have the message, relay it to Gene as soon as you can."

T6HtuOF.png

"Aye, Ma'am!" Valentina replied. Immediately the video monitor's message indicated the channel had been closed. Whatever Maxbas' message was, I had a feeling that it had set something into motion. But what that something is - neither myself or Commodore Valentina know.

But we weren't done even at that late hour last night. I had to pass on the latest from Dr. Tesla. Since the arrival of the pink slime from the rescue, she and her staff had been working non-stop to determine what had infected Lieutenant Senfry. I tried to explain all I could about what had been explained to me in the flash message. As I began to describe the creatures, I thought it would be better to put up an image on the video monitor.

c71XHZr.png

T6HtuOF.png

ATUELkR.png

It was Lieutenant Agay who reacted first. "Oh, gods -- what are they? Are these -- sea... sea... sea bugs?" It was easy to hear the terror and unbelief in her voice.

"No," I started to explain. "These are smaller, a lot smaller than sea bugs. These are -- "

"Micro-creatures!" Maxbas interrupted. "They are micro-creatures -- "

"You knew these were there?" Agay asked. Her displeasure of Maxbas' explanation was apparent.

"We believed they might be out there," Maxbas added in a remorseful tone. "Dr. Zarkov approached the KDF a year ago with a discovery made by Dr. Tesla. She ran some tests on green slime discovered by Colonel Ralph on one of the small bays. What she discovered is the sea -- like the ground -- has plant life. She called it 'micro-plants' because of how small they are. Dr. Zarkov believed if there were micro-plants then there must be micro-creatures -- ."

"But when were you going to tell the rest of us?" Even I wanted to know the answer to this.

"Kerny, the Triune Committee saw no need to inform the KDF until we knew something definitive. I mean -- "

"So what else are you not telling us?" I demanded.

"You're not being fair, Kerny!" Maxbas shot back. "We didn't have anything but one of Dr. Zarkov's theories. While Gene and Dr. Haywood, and even Dr. Edmund listens to him, I'll admit, sometimes I think the Kerman is unhinged and unrestrained! I agree with the Prime Consul's opinion of him - you've talked with him! You've heard him about his beliefs of the universe, of other planets orbiting other stars, and of his speculation there's other life out there.

"Yes, you're right," I began. "And at times I do think he's a little - unhinged. But he's also been right about a lot!" And with that, I got up from the table, headed back downstairs, and out the door of the geology lab.

kG3Q3I2.png

ERdujUW.png

For the first time in a while, I realized how dark the nights on Kerbin could actually be. Tonight there wasn't either of Kerbin's moons visible. But off to the west, low on the horizon, was the bluish-white star, Nohochacyum. When it first appeared, it's bluish light was unnerving for many Kerman. I will admit that at times it still makes me uneasy but I'm finding the star to be a sort of comfort. Tonight was one of those nights. I've often wondered when our species will reach out beyond our own system and begin to really explore space. But for now, I am simply content to be a part of KASA; I cannot wait to return to space.

+++

WwWBTSl.png

This morning, after a couple of hours of sleep, it was time to begin the next part of our journey. After cleaning up our Kerbolrise meal, it was now time to take down our temporary site. Gene and Dr. Haywood had made it clear during our Kerbalnaut basics - if you use one of the temporary shelter sites, everything must be returned to the waypoint beacon before you leave it. This is the easy part. What I wasn't looking forward to doing was having to deal with Maxbas. Right now I'm not sure if I should tell her I am sorry or continue to be mad at her. I understand now why J. Jim said that being in love is the best thing and the worst thing you can ever experience at the same time.

Lieutenant Agay disconnected the power conduits between the sobrero solar array and the canopy table and rejoined Maxbas while I lowered the power array and prepared it to put back into the waypoint beacon. I also began the process of deflating the geology lab so it could be stored away, too. As I prepared to lift the sombrero power array off the muncrete saddle base --

"Captain," Agay began. "I know you were trained to do it that way, but when I went through Kerbalnaut basic, we were told the sombrero was to be lowered and left on the muncrete base -- "

And about the time she said that I understood all to well why the change in protocol was done. All I could mutter was "dammit!"

GjLqjqa.png

frrxQ0l.png

Maxbas laughed. Lieutenant Agay just stood there looking at me, then back at the shattered remains of the sombrero. "Captain, um, yeah --"

"Yes, Lieutenant?" How in the world did that happen, I thought to myself.

"As I was trying to warn you. Sometimes the sombrero will fall apart and explode. This is why Gene said to just leave it attached but bring it down."

"Um, yes." Great. Why hadn't I been told of this? "So, now that we've done all the damage we can do here, let's go -- "

"Oh, Kerny," Maxbas cried out among her laughter. "what are you going to tell Gene?" Now I had both her and Agay laughing at me.

"Who says I'm going to tell him?" I answered. "I'll tell Bobak. And he can tell Gene!"

And with that, the laughter continued. "And I'll tell Bobak when I'm back aboard the Excursion!" This simply intensified the laughter.

With the sea goose being nearly three-quarters of a kilometer away, we began our walk to the plane. Our destination for today was about three hours of flight time from here. We made it to the top of the ridge and began the downhill walk the last few meters towards the sea goose when Maxbas decided to talk.

gy8Zhnu.png

"Kerny," she said, in a soft whisper. "I'm sorry about last night. I'm also sorry -- "

"Maxbas," I started. "I'm sorry, too -- "

"Please let me finish, Kerny," she continued. "When we made the decision not to tell you what Dr. Zarkov theorized, I didn't know you. You were simply a name on a roster. But we made the decision with the best of intentions. We had no idea if any micro-creatures existed. We'd only discovered the sea bugs a year before the discovery of the micro-plants. We had no concrete proof -- "

"Would that make a difference now?" I asked, not sure if I should be mad or not.

"Kerny," she answered. For the first time since last night, I looked into her face. She was crying. And with the way her eyes were, she had been crying most of the night. "If I had known you then, yes. I would have told you. But what good would it do? You would have thought I was as crazy as Dr. Zarkov -- "

"Yeah, you're probably right," I said in agreement.

"I just want you to know there are things right now, things I cannot tell you that have been set in motion -- " she continued. "It's better you not know for now. And I'm not even sure what my role is anymore. For all the Grand Committee and the Prime Consul believe, I'm dead; I'm -- poofed!" This time, she let out a loud sob. "Kerny, I'm scared. Is it really possible that someone tried to kill me and Dr. Edmund at the same time?"

V1SwyLa.png

E5zpQsK.png

I watched as Lieutenant Agay and Maxbas climbed into the sea goose. I hadn't answered her question about someone trying to kill her and Dr. Edmund. Apparently Gene also believes this could be a possibility since I've been ordered to not only keep her with me but protect her. Finally it was my turn to climb into the sea goose. Once in the pilot's chair, I released the wheel brakes and the craft rolled down the beach into the sea. Once in the water, I retracted the gear and initiated the electronic start for the two turboprop engines. It was then time to turn the plane around and get her up to take-off speed.

LLpcxLE.png?1

ZoDkq2k.png

xTX9ocN.png

TEvU9QY.png

Once in the air, we then changed our heading to the coordinates given to me the previous night by Commodore Valentina. The flight was totally uneventful. Lieutenant Agay was fast asleep in the passenger cabin while Maxbas and I continued our conversation.

"Kerny, why all the secrecy about this meeting?" she asked.

"You're Section 31 -- " I began.

"Yes, but only a Ah Cuxtal." she interrupted. "There are two levels of Section 31: Ah Cuxtal, and Ohoroxtotil. The Au Cuxtal, as you may have guessed, is named after the ancient god of birth, and is responsible for the safe delivery of the baby when born. We are the defenders of the United Republic and the Grand Council -- "

"But I'm Section 31," I was curious now. "I'm not Ah Cuxtal -- "

"Kerny!" Maxbas interrupted. Are you -- "

"I'm Ohoroxtotil --" I answered. "Dr. Edmund told me he wanted to talk to me about what that means --"

"Kerny," she interrupted again. "According to the ancient faith, Ohoroxtotil is one of the creator gods. He is the creator of Kerbol and the god that made the world habitable by destroying the jaguars, which infested the surface of Kerbin. You're one of three members - well, two now since Dr. Edmund is dead - who are a part of that level of Section 31 -- "

"Wait, what?!" Now it was my turn to interrupt. "What do you mean 'one of three'?"

DnPkw6y.png

9Hv478J.png

dfsI1rE.png

"The only reason I am telling you any of this now is because Agay is asleep!" Maxbas exclaimed in a forceful whisper. "The Ah Cuxtal are responsible for gathering information for Section 31. We also conduct missions and anything else the section needs us to do to protect the republic -- "

"Ok, and how is that different from the Ohoroxtotil?" I really had no idea.

"Kerny, my love," she answered, but in even a softer whisper. "There are ten of us who are Ah Cuxtal within Section 31. But there's only ever three members who are Ohoroxtotil. And all I know is that level exists -- but nothing else. Dr. Edmund knew I figured out he was a part of that level but never told me who the other two were -- "

"Maxbas -- ," it seemed obvious now. I had to ask her, but we began to speak at the same time and said the exact same thing: "no one else needs to know about this..."

The next ten minutes of the flight were in silence, the only sound being that of the engines. We just sat there in the cockpit, her hand resting on top of mine, resting on top of the sea goose's throttle. Soon we were flying over the coordinates we were given.

UCKnsoM.png

pTvvkjK.png

4uLpHad.png

"Kerny --"

"Yeah, Maxbas, I see it," I knew this was not a normal thing. As we flew over the coordinates, the Moyal Otoch - Ralph's airship and the Sinaan, Commodore Valentina's ship, were waiting below. We flew out about five more kilometers beyond the Sinaan, then banked hard back to the west to land. Once we landed on the sea, we would deploy the landing gear as we approach the beach, as we had done on Chibi Island.

hjDOSdH.png

2sjNVDv.png

pKbYlu6.png

gRVmpjQ.png

"Should we wake up our sleeping passenger, Kerny?" Maxbas asked as we cut the sea goose's props and engaged the brakes for the landing gear.

"No," I couldn't see the need of waking her. "She's had a long and stressful week. Let her sleep."

"Well, what's the next step?" She asked. "Are we supposed to just sit here?"

She was right. Sometimes, the most difficult thing to do is to wait. But this time, everything had to follow the plan which Commodore Valentina had put into place. "Yes, we're going to just sit here. Commodore Valentina is calling all the shots for this meeting."

The meeting is supposed to take place in another half-hour. The locked data packet Valentina sent me was very specific. When the meeting started Senior Consul Maxbas would come with me. Lieutenant Agay would remain behind in the sea goose, and we would join Commodore Valentina, Colonel Ralph and Major Doodemone aboard one of his ground explorer vehicles and proceed to a more interior spot on this continent. And only then would Commodore Valentine, hopefully, tell us what this is all about.

Return to the OP (Index) Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Edited by adsii1970

33 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I understand now why J. Jim said that being in love is the best thing and the worst thing you can ever experience at the same time.

Awesome chapter!

But I'm beginning to think you know me a little too well!!!  :D

"Sometimes, the most difficult thing to do is to wait..."

That's how I feel waiting for the next chapter of Kerny! :)

"Dr. Zarkov approached the KDF a year ago with a discovery made by Dr. Tesla. She ran some tests on green slime discovered by Colonel Ralph on one of the small bays. What she discovered is the sea -- like the ground -- has plant life. She called it 'micro-plants' because of how small they are. Dr. Zarkov believed if there were micro-plants then there must be micro-creatures -- ."

I wonder if the pink slime is a new form of mystery goo...

Great read! Now I'm curious about what the meeting is about too... It also sounds like Kerny, Ralph, and Valentina are Ohoroxtotil ?

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Awesome chapter!

But I'm beginning to think you know me a little too well!!!  :D

Although we've never hung out, I kinda feel at times you're an older brother. Therefore... :D  I just might!

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yeah! Another chapter fresh from within @adsii1970's brain!

And some lovely story and character development :)

The character development is hard sometimes. There are times where finding the right balance in the characters can be confusing. Some of the earlier chapters are a little rough - I'd admit. But I am hoping the story and development is doing better now. Thanks for the complements. :) 

34 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That's how I feel waiting for the next chapter of Kerny! :)

I wonder if the pink slime is a new form of mystery goo...

Great read! Now I'm curious about what the meeting is about too... It also sounds like Kerny, Ralph, and Valentina are Ohoroxtotil ?

Yeah, and that's how I often feel when I am trying to write it. I was worried about it appearing to be a long chapter, but if I had any doubts... you all have given me hope!

I've thought about it. And I believe that the green goo and mystery goo are going to be one and the same - mystery goo. It's a form of algae which grows in both fresh and salt water. And this makes it the perfect "goo" for using in scientific tests  to determine how things grow, live, and thrive in space. Now it gives me a reason to revisit Minmus - to leave a mystery goo experiment pack!

I'm glad you're curious about the upcoming meeting. I have parts of it outlined in my head... :D Oh, and to answer your question about Ohoroxtotil, think about it - there'sonly ever three at a time - MAXIMUM. We know that Kerny is one, and the late Dr. Edmund is one. So even if you've guessed which one is the other of the three, it cannot be both. But there will be much more development of this theme over time. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.