Kerny Kerman's Journal (mission reports from a Kerbal's point of view) [Chapter 86: "The slow passage of time, adrift in space."]

adsii1970

26 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Sounds about right.. I’ve been away from KSP myself, though finally back to working on the mothership.

Yeah, next week, I will finish the light curves and begin tossing in the asteroids and moons for my planet pack. Do you mind if I include KerbalKomets as a dependency?

27 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Anyway, nice too see the Excursion back online. Just two more days until we find ou what is at Minmus! Two more story days that is..

Next week I should be able to post another chapter if all goes well. 

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Me thinks Kerny is gonna get a talking to when this is all over.

Hehehe, Yeah. I have been doing a lot of thinking about how I want to handle Kerny and Maxbas' relationship. He has no idea what's in store for him and what's even funnier, is he thinks she understands what he did and why and there's something good waiting for their return. Yeah, Kerny, let's see how you like what's about to get you!

30 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

And just think about what could happen if the buoy is recovered by those loyal to Rayven...

The fear of Rayven getting hold of it is the very reason Gene ordered a shuttle launch so quick. And what's more, if you've been keeping up with the details, the shuttle's senior pilot is hanging out with Dr. Angelo. If you remember, they were told to adjust their course. So the STS Tsoolik is a pilot/crewmember short!

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Yeah, next week, I will finish the light curves and begin tossing in the asteroids and moons for my planet pack. Do you mind if I include KerbalKomets as a dependency?

Next week I should be able to post another chapter if all goes well. 

Hehehe, Yeah. I have been doing a lot of thinking about how I want to handle Kerny and Maxbas' relationship. He has no idea what's in store for him and what's even funnier, is he thinks she understands what he did and why and there's something good waiting for their return. Yeah, Kerny, let's see how you like what's about to get you!

The fear of Rayven getting hold of it is the very reason Gene ordered a shuttle launch so quick. And what's more, if you've been keeping up with the details, the shuttle's senior pilot is hanging out with Dr. Angelo. If you remember, they were told to adjust their course. So the STS Tsoolik is a pilot/crewmember short!

Include away! So the Tsoolik's pilot isn't on the shuttle right now? Oh man, just imagine if there's a sleeper agent on that launched shuttle...

"Yup, we got the buoy," (makes copy of the log)... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 2:30 PM, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

@adsii1970 It might be too soon after the last chapter, but do we have an expected release date for the big Chapter 75?

Starting this week, I am planning to try and post a chapter a week. I know I have been saying that for a while, but this past spring semester, I have cut back on the number of classes I am teaching. Less time grading means more time to KSP!

On 6/2/2019 at 3:54 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

I’ve told you before...don’t pester the writers :P

Actually, I am probably one of the few that's not too bothered by being "pestered." It does two things for me -

1. Keeps me motivated to keep writing.
  2. Shows me I actually have a fan base that likes what I am doing.

So, within reason, it's ok to poke this ol' man on occasion. Just don't make it too frequent.

16 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

And I've told you as well--always pester the editors if you can't pester the author! :D@Salmon?

You don't know who my editors are... and I do have two forum members who help out in that capacity.

8 hours ago, Dragon5 said:

Now, That's not nice.

That's ok. It's all good. :)

26 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@adsii1970 Love that fighter! Reminds me of this:

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Interceptor

Hmmm, I've never seen that one before. I was basing it off this  Lockheed Martin Corporation produced B-58 "Hustler" bomber. I just used a smaller fuselage and made it into a sporty fighter instead. 

133845-004-E8E9DA57.jpg

2 minutes ago, fulgur said:

How do you get your planes to look so sleek?

That's easy. Here are a few things I do:

MODS:

Those literally provide you a lot of cockpits suitable for combat style craft. The other thing I do is look at real-world aircraft designs. Because of the nature of KSP and the fact I love aviation, this works well. On my roster are aircraft that are based on prototypes ranging from the mid-1940s to today.

A great source for inspiration are these sites:

Just work as close as you can to get the appearance and then tweak it until you get the performance you want. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I was thinking the other day about Bill hopping a ride with the aliens some time ago... was he a groupie? A secret agent? A Hitchhiker with a guide to the galaxy?

:sealed:

• 1 month later...

Hey, folks, I haven't forgotten about you at all. I have all the images I need for the next chapter and am working on the outline now.

The summer was busier than I expected it to be. I did have surgery on my left shoulder and left hand. I am happy to announce I have regained about 85% of the sensation back in my hand. My doctor has told me that as the swelling continues to go down, I might gain even more sensation back.

I also ended up teaching two more classes this summer than what I expected. One of the universities I teach for online had an adjunct quit two weeks into the term. So, I was asked/voluntold that I would pick up the two classes. The extra money was nice but it meant I literally had no free time.

So, now with the fall semester just started, I'm beginning to have a little more free time.