Forgotten Space Program

Cydonian Monk

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, max_creative said:

I love this! MOAR!!! Please!!!

I'm inclined to agree with max_creative on this.

May we poor, underprivileged readers have just a smidgeon of a new chapter, please?

The Mün of Our Youth

Kerbals have been observing the Mün since time immemorial. The earliest of their kind decorated everything from the most venerated objects of worship to the most primitive of soup bowls with the phases of their Great Messenger, Mun. Snacks were offered to the flames with the hopes The Mün would bring good news. The scribblings and the scratching and the cave paintings and the tattoos and the everythings soon revealed the truth. The truth of the message. The true length of a Munth.

A new cycle every six and a half days, roughly. Two cycles for any single stationary kerbal to see the complete story of the Great Messenger. And every thirteen days an ill omen. For every thirteen days it would do battle with The Sun itself, hoping to shield the kerbals from the worst of its fires. (Or every six and a half days, for those kerbals unlucky enough to live where the eclipses occurred very early or very late in the day.) 

Great religions rose and fell to the rhythm of its cycle. Its Münth. Its Munth. Arguments over its name, Mun, Mün, its article, The Mün, just Mun, its pronunciation, Moon, Muun, Muhn, Mon, and its spelling, Mün, Mun, escalated from heated debates to incidents of violently spilled milk. Friends were insulted. Tattoos were removed. Fires were started. Snacks were destroyed.

In short, it drove the kerbals mad.

--

20160324_ksp0227_s-2.jpg

20160324_ksp0238_s-2.jpg

The Sulphur 2 was halfway to the Mün before anyone on Kerbin saw fit to alert the crew of the Memory of Tomorrow. Nearly identical to the previous Sulphur Shuttle, this one included legs. And a couple extra lights. And ladders. (Can't forget the ladders.) The launch, as always, was controlled by kOS script and went perfectly according to plan. The second stage of the LV-06A Cadence launch vehicle even had a few hundred extra delta-V, used to propel the Sulphur 2 on its way to The Mün.

Between the time the S-2 launched and the Boron 5 arrived in its polar munar orbit, the OSI interns had identified at least three interesting looking places for Macfred and crew to land on the Mün. One of them even featured a possible (highly-likely) structure of unknown origin. Something an even earlier satellite had claimed to see. A Thing on the Mün. 

And in orbit, low, low orbit, one new Thing had also been discovered, this time by the crew of the Memory themselves. This new object was in far too low of an orbit to have been spotted from Kerbin, nearly 10km, but based on observations of its passes below the crew was confident it was another station. Instead of wasting fuel to get to it now they would instead rendezvous with it once leaving the surface. A Thing around the Mün.

--

On the remote Island of the Mün some many years ago, a lone kerbal decided to build a tower that would reach beyond the heavens and up to this wayward messenger. Many mocked the kerbal, often pelting him with pebbles "to add to the pile". For years and years this simple hermit attended to his work, toiling on under the scorching equatorial Sun. In time his tower of stone grew to rival even the greatest of mountains, stretching ever upward.

And then, just as he was about to reach up and pluck the tiny pebble from the sky itself, the great powers took notice. The ground shook, his tower shifted, and the mountain of his hubris was pulled out from under him. He stumbled, slipped, and awoke dazed and confused hours later atop his rubble pile, now reaching no more than a few meters. The Tower of the Mün was forgotten, its island slipped into distant memory.

Yet the dream persevered.

--

20160324_ksp0249_s-2.jpg

The S-2 completed its capture burn using the RT2 Flight Computer, entering into a 50km by 200km orbit, just enough to allow the Memory to catch up to it before completing its first orbit. The rendezvous was completed remotely by Gletrix, who was getting the hang of this remote operation thing. 

And so Macfred, Thomlock, Agake and Gletrix quickly climbed aboard the Sulphur 2 when it arrived. There was no equipment to transfer as it housed everything they could ever need. Every science experiment they could find was strapped to its side, which was to say not many. Funds were still tight at the space center, though The Boss had been dropping hints that they might have a sponsor lined up. A wealthy, interested party that wanted to help finance their reconquest of space. 

As for their chosen landing spot.... 

20160324_ksp0256_s-2.jpg

--

... The dream persevered. 

More towers were built by more kerbals. Different towers. Taller towers. Sleeker towers. Towers of fire. Towers of smoke. Towers that would detach themselves from the ground and rise into the sky. Free from the dangers of an angry Kerbin, free to reach up and touch The Mün itself. Yet much like the Hermit of the Island of The Mün, these kerbals too were cursed by their hubris.

And many kerbals died.

Their names were etched into the back pages of the holy books, their memories woven into the fables of the Great Messenger itself. 

Jebediah D, Bill D, Bob D, Nelsey, Thomlock*; Jebediah IV*; Milbas, Chading; Jebediah VIII, Bill VIII, Bob VIII, Seeburry, Jonbald VIII, Ludzor, Seesy, Kirbas, Kirbert, Kenke, Henzor, Luke, Charlie, Billy-Boblong, Corcott, Geneton, Newdon, Gusnard, Mitgard, Hudbald, Lobree; Jebediah IX, Bill IX, Bob IX, Patnard, Neilnard, Raylie, Geofrick, Seebro, Tomely, Ludoly, Sigdan, Harbal, Albor, Wilvey, Herdon, Thomfert, Tombert, Nelzon, Tom, Sherzor, Charlie IX, Chadfen, Lenfrey, Sammy, Sonsby, Landan, Will, Phildred, Desbretr, Jedbrett, Philtop, Elbal, Cormin, Ferfrey, Melbrett, Donmund, Danwig, Harbrett, Fredgee, Lubro, Dunsy; Jebediah IX-2, Bill IX-2, Bob IX-2; Jebediah IX-3, Bill IX-3, Bob IX-3, Mitbro, Ellong, Merkin, Dudwin, Matner, Milry, Bursel, Joelong; Jebediah IX-4, Bill IX-4, Bob IX-4, Franklin, Albrett; Jebediah X, Bill X; Jebediah X-3, Bill X-3, Bob X-3, Dofrey, Patbro, Hudfry, Philemone, Lancas, Gushat, Bartfred, Ludvey, Romin, Gusgan, Lobald, Sherdan, Luke X, Harbas, Matley, Ribrey; Kelgee, Jeddon; Bartley, Kirmon, Harsby; Hally.

So many names, so many lost, all so a few could reach up and touch The Mün. 

And touch The Mün they did. Kerbals from all walks of life had stumbled and skipped across its great grey plains. Rolled over its ripples and curves. Read the messages it left for them in the regolith. Short trips. Long trips. Vacations. Meditations. Holidays. Many took joy in its three hundred ninety hour days. Some even chose to stay behind.

Yet the great powers took notice.

--

"Three hundred meters. Flight computer still has control." Gletrix was reading off numbers as the Sulphur 2 slipped down to the Mün's surface. Their first landing spot provided a spectacular view of Kerbin, hanging just above the ridges and mountains along the Mün's prograde face. It also happened to be a short distance from one of their suspected Things. 

"Two hundred meters. Leveling out. Gear down. Now under manual control." 

20160327_ksp0259_s-2.jpg

She could've let the machine land itself, but at this point it would be hard to botch the landing, and she needed the practice. So Macfred had ordered her to finished the landing by hand.

Not that it made Macfred any less nervous knowing a kerbal with a sense of self preservation was in control and not some dead computer. He was already a bit worked up, mostly because he drew the short stick and was dangling upside down in his seat in the rear cabin. Sure, the chair could spin around to face forwards, but he had been distracted, heavy in conversation with Thomlock about the ancient Mün stories, and before he knew it they were under too much thrust for him to even dare to fix his seat. 

"Twenty meters, still have control. Kicking up a bit of dust. Ten meters."

20160327_ksp0272_s-2.jpg

"Contact. We're down. Cutting engines."

20160327_ksp0274_s-2.jpg

The craft rocked back and forth for a moment, a moment during which Macfred wasn't sure it would right itself. Yet it did, and there they were, on The Mün. He unlatched his safety harness and promptly fell on top of Thomlock before bouncing the rest of the way to the back of the cabin. He rubbed his forehead as though it might bruise, but otherwise seemed unhurt.

"Ok, now what?"

"Now, kid, we go for a walk. I've waited 96 years to be here. Let's get moving."

There was no debate as to who would be the first to walk on The Mün - that task fell to the lander pilot Gletrix. The cockpit was the only way in or out of the Sulphur Shuttles without going through one of the docking ports. Docking ports which mysteriously don't open unless docked. Though she _could_ decide to move into the lower cabins and allow any of the others to take the first steps, there was really no reason for her to. So Gletrix would be the first here, and quite possibly the first on nearly every planet and moon this happy band traveled to. 

The others watched from their cabins as she climbed gleefully down the ladder, bounding out into the dust and regolith. No doubt future generations would write ballads about the bravery of the tiny test pilot.

20160327_ksp0291_s-2.jpg

Once everyone had extricated themselves from the lander, run their basic science experiments, (and planted their temporary experience flags), Macfred planted the official mission flag. In a fit of incredible unoriginality he named the landing spot "Base View Plains", and made sure to note all four of their names on the message plaque.

20160327_ksp0306_s-2.jpg

Needless to say the World's Firsters back on Kerbin were all over the place with the platitudes and the funds.

20160327_ksp0310_s-2.jpg

With the flag ceremony done and the important science tasks complete, the crew made their way over to the base facilities. First up were two stand-alone facilities, one of which obviously a habitat, while the other appeared to be rather a bit...

20160327_ksp0315_s-2.jpg

20160327_ksp0316_s-2.jpg

"Strange." Thomlock was peering into the bluish windows of the module, kicking some dust out of the way with his boot. "It looks green."

"Plants?" Agake was doing the same, trying to clean the glass with her mittened hands. She aimed her helmet light into the module but could only see a thick green wall, likely some growth run amok. "I think this might be a greenhouse of some sort."

"Let's go check out the larger base before we head into these smaller ones. Hard to say what's inside." Once they were there and gathered at what appeared to be the entrance, Macfred made his way up to the flag and read the small plaque at the base. "Pioneer Base. That's it, no descriptive text of any sort."

20160327_ksp0321_s-2.jpg

"This place is huuuuge. How many kerbals do you think lived here?"

20160327_ksp0330_pioneer.jpg

20160327_ksp0331_pioneer.jpg

Macfred thought about Gletrix' question for some time. She was right, the base was rather large, and more then half of it appeared to be glass-covered canopy modules... probably more greenhouses like the smaller structure. None of the top modules were directly connected, the internal corridors instead appeared to be along the base. As were the connecting points between modules.

At the front sat two trucks (or rovers), each with a small, one-kerbal cabin and seating up top for two. Macfred suggested the small cabin was needed for refreshing supplies on long-duration treks, or perhaps so one kerbal could rest while another drove. No doubt they would try to get one of them running in a few hours, just to see if it worked.

Best of all, both of the smaller structures and two rovers were loaded with radiologicals. RTGs. Lots of them. Macfred was nearly salivating in his suit at the prospect of harvesting this seemingly abandoned Mün base of its more precious scrap. Still, they needed to make sure it was truly abandoned before they could start cutting it apart. So Macfred climbed up to what appeared to be the entrance and made his way inside.

20160327_ksp0327_s-2.jpg

The small airlock meant only one kerbal could enter at a time. An old airlock, not unlike many of those in use at the stations above them. No fancy electronics, just simple, obvious gauges to show when the air was safe and when it meant a quick death. He checked his suit gauge before removing his helmet anyway, just to be sure. 

The airlock opened onto an empty cabin. An inner air lock where suits were hung and helmets stacked. At least he thought it was empty. He turned to sit his helmet on a shelf and was unlatching his space mittens when a sound behind him perked his ears. He turned just in time to watch a banana sail through the air and splat onto the ground in front of him. 

It had emerged from the feeble fingers of an old, very old kerbal, who was now smiling at him from inside an EVA suit at the opposite side of the room. The elder kerbal started to charge at Macfred, managing only to stumble and fall backwards. He sat up gingerly and then removed his helmet.

"I knew you would come. My strength has left me. In years past that fruit would have met its mark."

"Who are you?"

"The last of six brothers who swore an oath to grow the crescent Münfruit and to guard it."

Macfred picked up the remains of the banana, poking a mittened thumb through its peel. It was ripe, not overly so, and larger than a banana should be. Fresh. "This? Münfruit?" The elderly kerbal nodded, his shockingly white hair catching the light of the room as he did so. Macfred sat the banana down and moved to examine his host. "You took a bit of a spill there. Are you ok? How long have you been here?"

"Many decades." He motioned towards Macfred's EVA suit. "I see they still use the old model. Though it's still a strange choice for a farmer."

"Farmer? I'm not exactly a, farmer. What do you mean?"

"I was chosen because I was the bravest. The most BadS. The greenest thumbed. The farm was mine until another came to challenge me to a foodfight." He offered up a shovel Macfred hadn't seen, kneeling now and lifting it high, as though surrendering. "I pass it now to you, who have relieved me."

Macfred raised his hands in protest. "Wait, wait. I'm not here to relieve you. I'm just here to..." Rob you, really, but he obviously couldn't say as much. He was about to continue when the airlock opened behind him and Thomlock stumbled in, still suited up.

"See you've found a new friend, kid. Anybody I know?" He stumbled around a bit before focusing on a small, yellow shape on a nearby shelf. He grabbed the split open banana, held it in front of his faceplate, looking at it from strange angles. "What's this?" A piece fell to the floor at his feet.

"A fruit, one of many. And a choice. You must choose, but choose wisely. For just as the true fruits will bring life, the false ones will take it from you."

Thomlock took his helmet off, placing it atop one of the nearby shelves. He ignored the gasp from the farmer, and returned his attention to the yellowness in front of him. His mittened hands worked the peel loose. He sniffed. He nibbled. And then the banana was gone.

The shovel dropped to the floor with a loud clang.

"You, you, you're, Th't'th'...."

"Good banana there, old kerb. Organic? Local? Use any antibiotics or crazy somesuch? What, cat got your tongue?"

"But, Th'th't, you, you..." the elder kerbal stuttered, pointing at Thomlock, "you're dead!" The loud burp from the remains of the fruit disagreed.

Thomlock laughed. "Oh, that. Yeah, that's me. Famously dead."

"Maybe we didn't get off on quite the right foot here." Macfred extended his mittened hand towards the now standing, and retreating, white-haired kerbal. "I'm Macfred Kerman, Captain of the Memory of Tomorrow. This is my helmskerb Thomlock Kerman. We discovered your base some days ago and decided to investigate. See if anyone was here. See if everything was alright."

"So you're not my replacement crew?"

"No."

"$*#% %£*&@*!!!" The shovel went flying across the room, propelled by a swift kick. "I've been waiting entirely too long for those #$%&¥$ kids to come back with the replacements. Do you have any idea how boring it is to grow bananas for twenty-six years!?"

Navigation: Next Post

Edited by Cydonian Monk

41 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

The Mün of Our Youth

Yet the great powers took notice.

Wow, great history and a very impressive base, too.  Especially considering those cupolas weighed about 4 tons each back when it was built :)  Ingenious use of short box girders under the modules to ensure the modules were all the same height, too.

But how did you get rid of all the rockets, lander legs, and rover wheels needed to get the modules there and then attached to each other?  Was this made before KAS and other ways for Kerbals to remove such parts in the field?

8 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Wow, great history and a very impressive base, too.  Especially considering those cupolas weighed about 4 tons each back when it was built :)  Ingenious use of short box girders under the modules to ensure the modules were all the same height, too.

But how did you get rid of all the rockets, lander legs, and rover wheels needed to get the modules there and then attached to each other?  Was this made before KAS and other ways for Kerbals to remove such parts in the field?

Thanks. To answer your question:

Gaze into the distant past of 0.23.5.... (And no, I'm not fixing the broken non-ASCII characters in my old posts.... You'll just have to accept that MAfA1/4n is the same as Mün... :D [edit - Ok so I fixed the title... that's it.])

If the game were more cooperative all the skycranes would still be parked in the next crater over. When 1.1 hits they may well be again.

The biggest downside is this thing MOVES every time physics loads. And by MOVES I mean "jumps several meters into the air." The box trusses are a happy accident in that regard as legs would break.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

First of all, I love the Last Crusade references in there. But, being a latin student, I couldn't help but find fault with your roman numerals.

8 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Jebediah IX-II, Bill IX-II, Bob IX-II; Jebediah IX-III, Bill IX-III, Bob IX-III

They didn't create multi-digit numbers by stacking single-digit ones. They formed their numbers with addition. First you take the largest relevant number, in the case of 95, it would be 100, or C. Then you put numbers behind it to subtract them, so in this case we would get XC, or 90. Then you put numbers to add after it, in this case 5, giving us 95=XCV, 92=XCII, and 93=XCIII. If you need to go higher or lower, 50 is L, 500 is D, and 1,000 is M.

18 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

They didn't create multi-digit numbers by stacking single-digit ones.

Sorry about that, this terrible forum software won't let me edit that last post and won't let me enter anything outside of that quote, and it won't let me select the quote again to remove it. Hopefully this stacks replies and consolidates the posts. [edit - yay! Merged!]

I'm well aware of how roman numerals work. The problem here is there are two (or three, or four) sets of certain kerbals per "cycle", so two Jeb IXs, etc. I'll just change the subsets [back] to Arabic numerals.... which is how I had it originally.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

5 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Sorry about that, this terrible forum software won't let me edit that last post and won't let me enter anything outside of that quote, and it won't let me select the quote again to remove it. Hopefully this stacks replies and consolidates the posts.

I'm well aware of how roman numerals work. The problem here is there are two (or three, or four) sets of certain kerbals per "cycle", so two Jeb IXs, etc. I'll just change the subsets to Arabic numerals.... which is how I had it originally.

Oh, so "Jeb IX-II" wasn't supposed to be "Jeb the 92nd" it was supposed to be "Jeb the 9th, after one regeneration" (Yes I did need to include a reference).

1 minute ago, RocketSquid said:

Oh, so "Jeb IX-II" wasn't supposed to be "Jeb the 92nd" it was supposed to be "Jeb the 9th, after one regeneration" (Yes I did need to include a reference).

Correct. Which I'm pretty sure the Romans didn't have a good way of noting either, unless there were immortal, regenerating soldiers amongst their ranks that I'm unaware of. ;) (Though one could argue these kerbals survived "near scrapes with death", but.... in at least one case they blew up on the Mün. So regeneration it is. Or was.)

Just now, Cydonian Monk said:

Correct. Which I'm pretty sure the Romans didn't have a good way of noting either, unless there were immortal, regenerating soldiers amongst their ranks that I'm unaware of. ;) (Though one could argue these kerbals survived "near scrapes with death", but.... in at least one case they blew up on the Mün. So regeneration it is. Or was.)

Well, if the kerbals regenerate like time lords, their appearance would change every time. But, they don't really have facial features to speak of, so...

8 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Thanks. To answer your question:

Gaze into the distant past of 0.23.5.... (And no, I'm not fixing the broken non-ASCII characters in my old posts.... You'll just have to accept that MAfA1/4n is the same as Mün... :D )

If the game were more cooperative all the skycranes would still be parked in the next crater over. When 1.1 hits they may well be again.

The biggest downside is this thing MOVES every time physics loads. And by MOVES I mean "jumps several meters into the air." The box trusses are a happy accident in that regard as legs would break.

Very nice!  I'm particularly impressed you got a double-dock on the ground like that.  One of the pics in the episode above shows (upon close inspection) a slight misalignment between 2 ports in the nearest part of the base so I was thinking they weren't really connected.

When I use rigid base modules, I also land them with skycranes, but then I drive them into position with removable rover wheels.  Then I take the easy way out and connect them via the large-diameter KAS pipes that come with the base module mods :).  And then it's a lot of lovely gratuitous explosions getting rid of all the rocket and rover parts.  I take such childish delight in explosions that I could never fill a "garbage crater" up like that.  The skycranes either crash from a great height or have TAC Self-Destruct charges on them.

And yes, jumping bases are a botheration.  I recently had major sections of a large Pathfinder base break their attachments to the ground and leap about 50m straight up, stretching their KAS connections with other modules to the limit, then come crashing down.  Wish I had a pic of that :)  But being basically giant beachballs, they survived the fall no problem.  However, they were now free to slide along the ground which they did constantly and ultimately ruined the whole base.

After much experimentation, I've decided this is due to an accumulation of not-so-phantom forces introduced by a combination of flexible structure, gravity, uneven terrain, and ground-clipping.  Joints between parts and ports in KSP all want to be right angles but the ground isn't flat over an area the size of a base, and the joints are somewhat flexible even with KJR.  As a result, the parts sag under gravity to conform with the ground under them, which creates torsional stress in the joints.  And the tree-like nature of the craft file has all this torsion going back to the root part, so that the wider the base, the more leverage the outermost parts have on the joints.   Thus, the outermost part sink the farthest into the ground and pull the intermediate parts down with them.

Then physics loads, which seems to start with putting the base into a default position with all joints orthogonal, then let gravity take it from there.  However, this can drastically increase the amount of ground-clipping in certain modules and KSP really, realy hates ground-clipping, so as part of the physics-loading process it applies a strong-antigravity force to get parts out of the ground.  This is the start of the upwards jump.  And in what might be one of the few examples of KSP not breaking a conservation law, somehow the joint torsion from beforehand seems to carry over and be added into this, so the more torsion there was before, the higher the jump..  Or this could just be the result of the increased ground-clipping due to straightening out the base making the anti-gravity force stronger.

My way of dealing with this is to make small modules, each bolted to the ground, and connect them with KAS pipes.  The multiple ground connections limits how much each module can sag relative to the other, and the small size of the modules minimizes how much sagging each can do to itself.  But there are still limits to this.  The best answer seems to be not to connect the modules at all and rely on the base mod itself "magicking" resources between them if they're close enough together.

That basically agrees with my findings. Pioneer, being on a mostly flat plain, only has a bit of ground clipping at the edges. (Not sure which module is root, though I could check the persistence file.) At phys-load, the few ground clipped parts apply their various forces (phantom clipped or torsional) and the base jumps about 5m, and moves laterally about 1m. Eventually it will run over the flag planted in front of it. 

I'm still not sure how I managed to get the two double docks to work in the figure eight, but 0.23.5 (and/or 0.24) handled it properly - no broken docks, no dock seeking, just docked. Compare that to the Kraken's Harvest from Ad Lunam where fewer than half of the double/triple docks in its ring worked.... Though it was a hub and spoke style of build versus the ring of Pioneer. 

Any bases I build going forward probably won't be this large, and will likely rest entirely on a single-craft underchassis. 

10 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Gaze into the distant past of 0.23.5.... (And no, I'm not fixing the broken non-ASCII characters in my old posts.... You'll just have to accept that MAfA1/4n is the same as Mün... :D [edit - Ok so I fixed the title... that's it.])

Is that old kerbal... Hodwin?

Just now, Matuchkin said:

Is that old kerbal... Hodwin?

Hudwin? No - he should be safe and sound back on Kerbin, assuming he hasn't died of old age or just been otherwise lost in the mix. First kerbal on the Mün and all that, gotta keep him safe.

The old kerbal's identity will be revealed later. (Hint: it's one of the six from the first Pioneer crew.)

2 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Makes sense...

Will you do an Alien/Prometheus type of thing later on? Should be a nice idea.

Yes. A tapdancing alien frog will burst from Thomlock's chest and start singing "Hello! Ma Baby" while tapdancing off-stage. ;)

(Not really, no.)

Just now, Cydonian Monk said:

Yes. A tapdancing alien frog will burst from Thomlock's chest and start singing "Hello! Ma Baby" while tapdancing off-stage. ;)

(Not really, no.)

Would be cool, though. Via wings and structural panels, you can create some kind of wreck. As a group of astronauts explore the wreck, they go missing one by one, until the last one escapes. No one knows what happened, and the place is shrouded in mystery and fear.

LOL, one of my favorite old cartoons :)  But isn't the name of that song "Ragtime Gal" ?

And as to Kraken-proofing bases, I used to think Squad should give us bulldozers to level construction sites, but on further review I don't think this will help.  Both normal play and physics load allow way more base deformation due to gravity sag than should happen given all the ground contact of bases, but while normal play tolerates this, physics load does not.  Until physics load gets as easy-going as normal play, the fringes of bases will always sag more than they should, but only physics load finds this intolerable.

Not going to have time to play until next week, but I just loaded up this save in the KSP 1.1 pre-release to see how things work. Had to copy over mod parts and ignore the plugins, but so far everything is smooth as silk. (Though Pioneer Base is still a tad bit laggy.) Much improved.

Now just have to wait until most of the mods are updated.... Some I might just drop anyway. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.