Forgotten Space Program

Cydonian Monk

1 minute ago, Geschosskopf said:

Only a true Texan would say summer starts in mid-March :D  Ah, how I miss my native land.

Transplant here of more than a decade now, but it only took a year to figure out we have two seasons in Texas - Summer and Football. 

56 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Things are more varied down here on the bayou.  We have 3 seaons:  flood, hurricane, and deer.

I hear ya!  I'm in central Florida and we also have three seasons, Summer, Hurricane, and Snowbird.  :cool:

Oregon (also Washington, to our north):  Cold Rain, Warm Rain, and about a month of "AAAH IT BURNS US", when the clouds go away and the Hateful Yellow Orb rules the skies.

(temperatures in the 80s, 90s, sometimes even over 100 F!  Can you imagine?)

Edited by Commander Zoom

I am in Virginia, where the seasons are: "SCALDING AUGH HELP MEEE!!!" (summer), "Hmm, this is nice"(1-2 weeks), "It's a bit chilly but still good" (2 months), "Cold Cold Cold Cold" (when you want warmth) OR "Why is it so freaking mediocre right now? It's supposed to be winter!", then back to "It's a bit chilly", then to "Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain RAIN Rain Rain", "Wow, It's amazingly nice out!" (<1 week), "My nose! My throat! My eyes! Why pollen whhyyyy!". And then it starts again, although I feel like I'm missing something.

On 3/10/2016 at 7:34 AM, Geschosskopf said:

Hmmm, I find the "new" Mun interesting to look at and as a brief tourist destination.  But the real estate values suck, which tends to put a damper on development :D

Personally, I prefer Minmus to the Mun. Its prettier and easier to land on. Better real estate too. Though getting a bsae there was a pain due to its MASSIVE plateaus. 

Obsidian, out

4 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I am in Virginia, where the seasons are: "SCALDING AUGH HELP MEEE!!!" (summer), "Hmm, this is nice"(1-2 weeks), "It's a bit chilly but still good" (2 months), "Cold Cold Cold Cold" (when you want warmth) OR "Why is it so freaking mediocre right now? It's supposed to be winter!", then back to "It's a bit chilly", then to "Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain RAIN Rain Rain", "Wow, It's amazingly nice out!" (<1 week), "My nose! My throat! My eyes! Why pollen whhyyyy!". And then it starts again, although I feel like I'm missing something.

Life in Toronto:

Spring: Mediocre

Summer: "I'm having a bath, Joe."

"What?"

"In my sweat."

"Ew, wtf."

Autumn: Mediocre

Winter: "Joe! I need to get out of the house! Where's the damn shovel?!"

"What?"

"The door's blocked, you moron!"

Edited by Matuchkin

12 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I hear ya!  I'm in central Florida and we also have three seasons, Summer, Hurricane, and Snowbird.  :cool:

Oh, we just have 2: FIRE, and ICE. Welcome to Toronto, where the 4 nations do not live in peace and harmony.

Nailed that Last Airbender reference there.

Life in Edmonton:

Early spring: Colder than frickin pluto.
mid-Spring: Lots of dirt, mud, sand, doggie doo-doo all over. Warming up lots.
Late spring: BOOM! Grass got green, tree's are in full bloom and leaves, lots of rain, roadwork season starts.
Summer: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! IT"S HOTTER THAN VENUS!! Flowers need 50 litres of water once a day. Grass needs twice that. Roadwork continues.
Late summer: Ahh, its not quite as hot, but I'm cutting grass twice a week. Flowers going crazy, bee's are in full collect-as-much-as-possible mode. Roadwork continues.
Early Fall: Hey, it's really nice outside. Leaves are green, grass still growing, flowers are on their 3rd go!  Roadwork continues...
Mid-fall: Snow. Roadwork wraps up.
Late fall: Snow, might as well be winter. Salt and snowplow season.
Early winter to early spring: Colder than frickin pluto.

Edited by GDJ

Good grief!

In Central California we have either Warm or Not-Warm.

I live in such a boring place; I feel so left out.

Also, this story is BRILLIANT!!! I love it!

Edited by Mjp1050

Ok, ok. :) Let's nip this before this wanders too far off into cultural exchange land where half the folks on the forum share their local weather patterns. :D

Still not a full update, but I spent some time last night working on what I hope will be the aircraft used to explore (some of) Laythe. It's got good numbers for range though it's a bit weak in the old TWR department, but I'm after a scientific survey plane not a jet fighter. Full series of test flights tonight (I hope) and maybe an update. 

2 hours ago, max_creative said:

I noticed that you are featured in plan kappa by parkaboy. In order its plan kappa, kerbfleet, the saga of emiko station, and you. And my photo didn't post...

Indeed. Very cool little shout-out. (I need to get caught up on Plan Kappa too.... Think I'm only read up through late February.)

36 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Indeed. Very cool little shout-out. (I need to get caught up on Plan Kappa too.... Think I'm only read up through late February.)

Plan kappa is up to 40 now. And there was a kappa kerbfleet crossover. Sorry I had some trouble with the photos on the mobile site.

1 hour ago, TopHeavy11 said:

MOAR CHAPTERS! (Plz.)

Later. Still fighting allergies, which have my head completely stopped up. Which for some reason makes me nauseous when flying.... Which is somewhat required for Kerbal. The low frane rate doesn't help either. 

On 3/15/2016 at 6:55 PM, GDJ said:

Life in Edmonton:

Late spring: BOOM! Grass got green, tree's are in full bloom and leaves, lots of rain, roadwork season starts.
Summer: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! IT"S HOTTER THAN VENUS!! Flowers need 50 litres of water once a day. Grass needs twice that. Roadwork continues.
Late summer: Ahh, its not quite as hot, but I'm cutting grass twice a week. Flowers going crazy, bee's are in full collect-as-much-as-possible mode. Roadwork continues.
Early Fall: Hey, it's really nice outside. Leaves are green, grass still growing, flowers are on their 3rd go!  Roadwork continues...

IKR, and in Calgary, it's theres so much snow, it's a blizzard evrytime it snows....

On 15 March 2016 at 10:55 AM, GDJ said:

Life in Edmonton:

Talk about the heat in Brisbane!!! And then because of the drought....

At least it is nice now, nicer in a few months time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.