[Plugin][See active fork] B9 Procedural Parts Modified

01010101lzy

On 2016/6/6 at 11:26 PM, gilflo said:

Hello I just notice that whatever is the length or the surface of a wing, only the fuel quantity is varying, but the dry mass is unchanged to 50kg. It's not normal, the greater the wing the heavier it should be. Is there a mod i am missing with B9 Aerospace Pwings?

I don't know about this, maybe you are not using FAR? FAR users have it all right.

On 2016/6/9 at 1:57 PM, Crzyrndm said:

You need to implement the IPartMassModifier interface. (currently commented out at the top of the wing class...)

Got it. I've got a lot of homework these days so it would be some time until I fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/6/24 at 8:18 AM, qromodynmc said:

1.1.3 works fine right?
 I'll try it.

Btw just wanted to ask, Is there any way i can disable auto black texture on under wings?

No way to disable default HRSI for now. I'm busy with exams and I can't implement features these days, so be patient until sometime around July 10th or so.

btw, it works fine in 1.1.3

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having an issue with both @Crzyrndm's fork and @01010101lzy's fork where the KSPedia will not work when Realism Overhaul and its mods are installed (the KSPedia appears using a clean install where the B9 Pwings fork is the only mod installed). I have narrowed down the source of the issue to the shader file used by the B9 Pwings mod (wingshader.ksp); removing this file allows the KSPedia to pop up and function correctly, but it obviously also breaks B9 Pwings. I also tried to move the shader file into its own folder "Shaders" within the mod's folder, but that also breaks the mod. Seeing as how there are two forks of this mod, I will post this issue in both threads. I will post the output_log files with and without the B9 Pwings mod installed, just in case it is helpful to see what KSP is and isn't working when and where. Until next time, thank you for the fantastic mod, and I wish you good fortune in the future!

No Pwings Installed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z96756wa94gqo9j/output_log (No-PWings).zip?dl=0

PWings Installed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/adn0rjvoigemug7/output_log (With-PWings).zip?dl=0

hey im not sure the Pwings work, atleast im not sure for me they work. when i place them on a craft, they look the same as they do in the parts list too the left in the SPH, and pressing J while mousing over them doesent open up the usual GUI. 

edit: also, it appears that your plugin is a mere 100 or so KB in size where as the old procedural wing plugin is 900 or so KB in size, should this be used in conjuction with the old B9 procedural wing mod?

Edited by 123nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone asked about 1.2 support for this mod in the BDArmory Continued thread, so I took a look at the OP, and indeed it this in need of support.  

I've never worked with procedural stuff, so it is interesting to me.  I've forked the code to see if it can be updated without too much pain.  I've found a couple of changes that need to be addressed around the new resource handling (surrounding changes to PartResource class), some public items are no longer there with the refactor of KSP, so I need to better understand how it was changed...  Spent about an hour and got most of the code working in 1.2 PR, but not there yet.

If anyone else is planning on supporting this mod, let me know, but I'll see what I can do for it...

Edited by Papa_Joe

3 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Someone asked about 1.2 support for this mod in the BDArmory Continued thread, so I took a look at the OP, and indeed it this in need of support.  

I've never worked with procedural stuff, so it is interesting to me.  I've forked the code to see if it can be updated without too much pain.  I've found a couple of changes that need to be addressed around the new resource handling (surrounding changes to PartResource class), some public items are no longer there with the refactor of KSP, so I need to better understand how it was changed...  Spent about an hour and got most of the code working in 1.2 PR, but not there yet.

If anyone else is planning on supporting this mod, let me know, but I'll see what I can do for it...

Well since this mod is already a fork or the other procedual wing mod by @Crzyrndm, I'd say it's a better idea to just point people towards his version. It's still  being maintained and works like a charm. 

Edited by Amnesy

The intention on my part is to fold some of the useful features of this (particularly editing by angle) into the merged pwings plugin (which I can't currently find the link for so...). The only problem with that is that it will require work/time to match the stability of the existing B9PWings plugin so it may not be a thing for a while yet

Edited by Crzyrndm

9 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

The intention on my part is to fold some of the useful features of this (particularly editing by angle) into the merged pwings plugin (which I can't currently find the link for so...). The only problem with that is that it will require work/time to match the stability of the existing B9PWings plugin so it may not be a thing for a while yet

What is the end result going to be? I prefer B9PW over PW and would love to see it working in 1.2 if possible, no need for additional features.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.