[Plugin][See active fork] B9 Procedural Parts Modified

01010101lzy

19 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello

What exactly do we have to put in the game data folder for B9 wings fix ?

Thank you all working on it

For the new features it brings, you need to put the B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings folder into Gamedata, with or without the original B9PW installed are both okay.

For fixing the flipped controls, you need to delete the "mirrorRefAxis" line in configs of procedural wing B/C and use wings that have the same top and bottom texture.

21 hours ago, Midnight Jade said:

Alright that fixed it. :)

Are there any side effects to deleting that though? What is that line for if it can be safely removed?

That line means the wing should be flipped when mirrored,  and it may cause wings that have different textures on top and at bottom having different colors on each side. It doesn't matter a lot though.

On 24.4.2016 at 2:38 PM, 01010101lzy said:

That line means the wing should be flipped when mirrored,  and it may cause wings that have different textures on top and at bottom having different colors on each side. It doesn't matter a lot though.

I am pretty sure bac9 would think VERY differently about this. Because this means that you can't have different textured wings anymore. Want HRSI on the bottom, nope not possible since it will show up on the up side on the other wing. Everything needs to be uniform textured now. I am sure that is why bac9 included the ability to choose different textures for up side and bottom side, so that it can't be used anymore.

Edited by Flashblade

@Crzyrndm Sorry but this guys condescending attitude towards bac9's work is getting to me. The opening post of this offshoot mentions that the main mod "lacks functionality". I haven't seen him add that much functionality that actually warrants this kind of attitude, while in general I think credit where credit is due and respect where respect is due.

1) The license allows for it and he has plenty of reference to the original as far as I'm concerned
2) Judging by various hints lying around, English isn't his native tongue. Many non-native speakers can come across as being somewhat blunt even after living in an english speaking country for years
3) Neither has he been outwardly hostile or disparaging. To me he's just stating facts as he sees them

Finally, a harshly toned reply doesn't exactly do anything to resolve the problem. This workaround is actually something I suggested (and am using for the time being on my maintenance fork as well) when he brought up the issue. Any fix isn't going to be easy or quick (unless KSP itself changes >.>) and I see this as the better of two issues myself

Edited by Crzyrndm

@Crzyrndm

1) Never disputed that at all. It is not what my posting was about.

2) That is just a convenient excuse if you ask me. I am not an English native either and therefore I feel I can say that.

3) If you add one functionality (supersized wings) to the procedural wings mod with the most features to date, I think this is quite a stretch and not a fact.

Fair enough.

Let's stop here, I do not want to derail the purpose of this thread any further.

1 hour ago, Flashblade said:

@Crzyrndm

2) That is just a convenient excuse if you ask me. I am not an English native either and therefore I feel I can say that.

Let's stop here, I do not want to derail the purpose of this thread any further.

2) I am not a native English speaker either (have had some training as a teacher English as a second language), and I can see where it might cause problems and would be a valid excuse. "Lacks functionality" can absolutely be interpreted as meaning "Isn't working". The first post also mentions that B9's version is "incontinent"

1. 1.
    having no or insufficient voluntary control over urination or defecation.
  2. 2.
    lacking self-restraint; uncontrolled.
    "the incontinent hysteria of the fans"
    synonyms: unrestrained, lacking self-restraint, uncontrolled, unbridled,unchecked, unfettered; More

antonyms: restrained.

Both examples (although I can't find "lacks functionality" anymore) simply reek of machine translation, which is hilarious and hilariously bad for transmitting functional information.

But yes, having put my 2 pence in the derailment jar, let's drop the derailing.

I'm afraid I can't remember exactly where I read this, but I believe B9's version was balanced primarily against FAR. This caused some issues in stock aero, where the centre of lift displayed wrong (I think...). Is this true for this fork as well?

Edited by Melfice

ok i find myself a litte confused here....i have been manually installing Cryzrndm's fork until i saw this one on ckan (which i prefer to use for mod installation)...i installed this one and i cant do anything to the fixed wing ....now i saw a page back that this was an issue but it seemed to be corrected....did i read that incorrectly...and also since Cryzrndm is working on both... what fork is going to be dominate here... i was thinking this one was since it was going to be adding to functionality but again ....confused...

Edited by djphllps

This looks like an improvement over the already stellar work done by @bac9 and @Crzyrndm. However, one word of warning- If I launch the game using the Steam 64-bit option, it occasionally brings my PC to a crashing halt, complete with blackscreen. Perhaps it's an issue with the mod (which is not unfeasible, given that the mod was originally constructed in Unity 4 KSP), but I suspect it to be the nature of the 64-bit Windows release and the changes brought about by the Unity 5 conversion.

Either way, great work so far, I hope things go smoothly for you!

Edited by MedicRules41

Hi, The mod works fine, except for the wing textures, which are pitch black. Game is running on OSX, I have no other mods installed, alternative textures don't fix it, changing color doesn't fix it. Possible causes for this?

voitatn.png?1

3 hours ago, visorak said:

Hi, The mod works fine, except for the wing textures, which are pitch black. Game is running on OSX, I have no other mods installed, alternative textures don't fix it, changing color doesn't fix it. Possible causes for this?

voitatn.png?1

It's a known issue with B9 PWings in 1.1, and it doesn't seem to affect everyone.  It's believed to be something to do with shader loading.  In the other version of this mod, Crzyrndm is working on a diagnosis, but there's no fix yet.

On 26-4-2016 at 0:16 AM, djphllps said:

ok i find myself a litte confused here....i have been manually installing Cryzrndm's fork until i saw this one on ckan (which i prefer to use for mod installation)...i installed this one and i cant do anything to the fixed wing ....now i saw a page back that this was an issue but it seemed to be corrected....did i read that incorrectly...and also since Cryzrndm is working on both... what fork is going to be dominate here... i was thinking this one was since it was going to be adding to functionality but again ....confused...

On 26-4-2016 at 1:35 PM, Bit Fiddler said:

Ok so we now have 2 versions of the wings that are listed as 1.1 compatible.  Are these 2 developers going to work together and unify the project so we do not have 2 competing versions of the mod forked?

I'd like to know this too. There is now a "B9 Procedural Wings modified" and a "B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - Fork", why?

Because one (mine) was started as just a maintenance fork to keep the mod in working order. This one was started with the aim of adding new features and appears to be incorporating fixes from my releases as well. There is no competition, just different aims (stability / features)

Edited by Crzyrndm

YxhajZFThank you for developer of this awesome mod !

I have felt that these added wing parts is too strong brightness and reflection to combine to stock parts.

I tweaked parameter of "brightness" ,but I can't solve this trouble.

Everyone What about? 

• 2 weeks later...

@Crzyrndm I have met a big problem. After manually merging your updates into mine and compiling, I found that no part is being loaded when the mod is installed.

it says

[LOG 21:56:57.764] Resource RESOURCE_DEFINITION added to database
[LOG 21:56:57.767] GameDatabase: Assets loaded in 15.680s
[LOG 21:56:57.768] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets
[LOG 21:56:57.778] PartLoader: Loading part database
[LOG 21:56:57.780] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Parts/Aero_Wing_Procedural/wing_procedural_typeA/B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeA'
[LOG 21:56:57.800] EffectList: Created 11 effect types
[EXC 21:56:57.837] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	EditorLogic.get_SortedShipList ()
	WingProcedural.WingProcedural.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
	Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
	PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CompileAll>c__Iterator49:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	PartLoader:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>c__Iterator45:MoveNext()
[LOG 21:56:57.851] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'Squad/Props/AltimeterThreeHands/prop/AltimeterThreeHands'
[LOG 21:56:57.856] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Prop 'Squad/Props/AtmosphereDepth/prop/AtmosphereDepth'

Hello everyone. I Installed the mod and it doesn't seem to work properly in 1.1.2 (i have 1.1.2.1260). The 3 parts do show up in the SPH, but no J menu, no B9 toolbar, etc.

By the way it works perfectly in 1.1 :P

Here's a screenshot :

Do you need/want the log file?

Edited by Tanit

@01010101lzy I have only a single mention of EditorLogic.SortedShipList, and it's not anywhere near onload so I don't know why this would surface from a merge. If it's neccesary for something, just add a scene check (HighLogic.LoadedSceneIsEditor) so it oesn't run outside the editor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.