[KSP Update]: Version 0.8.1 is out!

HarvesteR

Yes,

We’ve decided to release the 0.8.1 version sooner than we antecipated, to give us time to sort out bugs and test the update checker that was released in the last version.

So the new update, with the Symmetry Mode and other VAB features is now up for grabs at the Downloads page.

Happy flying!

(I’m still a little concerned about the server here, so I would advise going for the mirror server, or the torrent option)

Cheers

hey i just downloaded the main one and it seems its still the file for 0.8.0

sorry to bother you with this tought i would let you know.

p.s is it me or is the site slower then usual ? (could be a problem on my side)

If you're still seeing version 0.8.0 at the downloads page, that's because your DNS server hasn't update itself to the new site.

I put up instructions on how to switch to another DNS server, to solve that problem.

Here are the instructions.

And yes, the site is really slow today... man, we're getting pwned by the demand!

About the game crashing and things like that, it might be related to 3rd party addons that might now be compatible with the new version. Or it might be related to ships created in previous versions. There have been a few changes to the .craft file format in this update, and it's possible that previously saved ships might not work.

Cheers

I now tend to get strange lockups in the vehicle builder; sometimes it'll no longer allow me to place or remove parts, or if it does, the ui sounds start going crazy and the parts won't stick in any case; when i then make a new design (or reload) i can place parts as normal (at least until the problem returns)

Woo! The symmetry tool is beautiful! thanks guys! I had the strange lock up when I was trying to place parts twice as well (The superfast repeating sound and inability to place an object) and had to hit the 'New' button to get out of it. All in all though, a beauty of an update. Death rate is down. We progress in the name of SCIENCE!