Markers Not Showing Up for Crew Report In Flight Mission(answered)

JoeSchmuckatelli

Just started playing a few days ago - have built a jet I can actually fly and land, and have been doing the 'fly here get a crew report' missions - except now I have an active mission that will not show markers.

I do have active markers (on the other side of the planet) for a completely different mission, so it's only the markers for this specific mission that are missing.

Ideas on how to get them to show up?  (I've quit the game and restarted and the missing markers are persistent).

Thanks.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

6 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Oops - well I went to the rocket launch pad and they showed up - on the far side of the planet as well.

Pfft.  Still haven't gotten into orbit - looks like my little jet is in for a long flight.

If you need to land to complete the contracts, believe me when I say a jet is the way to go. Landing a rocket from Kerbin orbit precisely onto a survey spot is difficult and stressful unless it's a powered landing.

2 hours ago, Randazzo said:

If you need to land to complete the contracts, believe me when I say a jet is the way to go. Landing a rocket from Kerbin orbit precisely onto a survey spot is difficult and stressful unless it's a powered landing.

Well - the problem is getting there in a timely fashion.  Certainly, I can sit in front of the monitor for the fifteen to twenty minutes it would take to fly - presuming my squatty little plane has enough juice to get there.  But whenever I try to speed up time, my plane gets all wonky - even with stability on and me being in essentially level flight at a constant speed.

Something about hitting the period changes the plane's behavior.

I just don't have the science available in career mode to keep upgrading enough to make a big enough plane for this to make sense.  Guess I have to go back to rocketry.

40 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

But whenever I try to speed up time, my plane gets all wonky - even with stability on and me being in essentially level flight at a constant speed.

Something about hitting the period changes the plane's behavior

When you accelerate time while in atmospheric flight, it's physics warp. I can't say with 100% certainty that it works precisely the same in 1.0.5 as it has in previous versions, but it used to be that doing this increased the strength of the forces acting on your vessel. Presumably it's either still doing the same thing or something very similar. Attempting to make any flight path corrections while at physics warp is highly inadvisable as well.

You could always try a hybrid launcher sort of thing too. Small jet stuck on a rocket. Just don't stick it on the top.

4 hours ago, Randazzo said:

You could always try a hybrid launcher sort of thing too. Small jet stuck on a rocket. Just don't stick it on the top.

Please, don't use your 'logic' on me.  I am convinced if I keep building rockets with planes on top - it will eventually work.  Now into my 23d hour of building testing and crashing 'plane on top of rocket designs' I am bound to stumble on that one soon!

In other news, I continue to invest in the lottery!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.