What's your connection speed?

mipmo

~15Mbit down ~750Kbit up.

My ISP recently got in touch to offer me an "upgrade" to their fibre service - 12Mbit down for just an extra few euros a month.

Not cool Vodafone, not cool at all.

10Mbit down, 1Mbit up, on a good day. Slow as... something quite slow.
I remember well my old 28.8k, but somehow data grows to consume all available bandwidth.

Ed. no, I take that back... slower than usual right now :mad: 8.8Mbit down, 900Kbit up. Time to repeatedly robocall my ISP until I get a pickup - generally ~45min+6 attempts.

Edited by steve_v

My tiny village got a boost about 2 months ago :sticktongue: I now have 13Mbps down and 0.8Mbps up. And that is absolutely fantastic as before that I had less than 1 Mbps down and ridiculous upload. Better still during peak hours I used to lose the connection completely. 3 years of that makes me appreciate what I have now immensely.

4895820268.png

I'm pretty sure this is a bit more than I pay for (should be 46 down, 4.7 up). I've seen it go even faster from time to time. It's enough that me and the other people I live with can watch youtube/netflix or game without usually creating any problems for each other.

Depends whether the TV reception box thing is on or not.

4901793544.png

ATM it is on, but when turned off, it goes up to aprox. 6Mb/s down. In any case, I pay for 2, so I can't complain too much.

None of the ISPs consider a fiber optic to be profitable in this part of the city, so I'm on copper placed decades ago.

Another problem here is that I'm hooked over a powerline adapter, which is bugged, so I have to ping the router constantly, or the adapter throws a hissy fit.

Edited by Shpaget

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.