5/12/15 Spacecraft Friday - The YargJay9991 Edition II

kn81KUd.jpg

OK! It's time for another edition of Space Craft Friday! I decided to skip the standard disclaimer as I think everyone knows what it says.

This week was tricky, a lot of showcase threads were added to the SCE due to the Rocket Builders going away, so finding individual craft was a bit of a challenge! Never the less, I pushed on and found a few little goodies hidden around the SCE. Please enjoy!

Let's get started!

|Mini VTOL - Minute|

By castille7

This little VTOL is probably the cutest thing I've seen! The wing design is quite unique and everything else on the plane looks very nice. It kind of looks like a butterfly! 

LINK TO FORUM THREAD

|Buran 11F35 Kerbal I|

By Speeding Mullet

Now, I know there are quite a few NASA Space Shuttle replicas on the forums, but not a lot of replicas of the Buran Shuttle (AFAIK;)). This shuttle is quite beautiful for it's low(ish) part count and it even comes with an Energia launcher!

AnxsqWCh.png

Check out the forum page for more pics and info. Speeding Mullet really went into detail!

|T-10 Jet Strike Fighter|

By ghostbuzzer7

If you're into stock KSP warfare, then this jet's for you. The T-10 is a very nice aircraft both aesthetically and... uh well... (I didn't actually test this)... Anyway! I chose this plane for the SCF because of it's simplicity. We don't see enough simple things on the forums these days, it's all about gears and bearings and really complicated things that I can only dream of building. So I decided to remind everyone of how beautiful simplicity can be. Well done ghostbuzzer7.

6Ql73dS.png

LINK TO FORUM THREAD

|Cypher - High Performance Dropship/Prospector|

By Cupcake...

I don't play with drop ships that much, but this one was just too pretty to ignore. As you may know, Cupcake is well known for his drop ships in KSP, but I didn't think any of his creations had been featured on SCF. This is a very clean and simple design, I just love that cockpit!

yhaoeDV.jpg

LINK TO FORUM THREAD

|WWII Avro Lancaster Replicas|

By Columbia

These two replicas of the famous WWII bombers are both very nice models. Just look at those wings! These beauties also pack a massive punch in the form of explosives with each plane carrying a massive load of bombs. Time to bust some dams! (I think it's the same plane...:confused:)

MdP9CGT.png

LINK TO FORUM THREAD

|WWI Medium Bomber|

By Azimech

To finish off this week's showcase, a remarkable aircraft based on bombers from WWI. Built by Azimech, this amazing aircraft is very well built and uses very clever techniques to produce the final product. If you like flying classic aircraft, then this one's for you! :D

EIaNUGA.png

LINK TO FORUM THREAD

So there we have it. Another excellent week in the Kerbal Spacecraft Exchange. Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have enjoyed looking at all the amazing craft showcased here today.

Please let me know what you think of this edition, and if there is anything that you think could be improved, please kindly let me know. :) Thanks to all of the builders who's craft made it here, and to those who may not have made it in. These choices were my personal opinion, and I don't mean to leave anyone out on purpose.

Thanks again and HAPPY FLYING!

YargJay9991

Oh my gosh, I keep on forgetting that SCF existed. I was just like ehh might as well release a craft since I'm  just hoarding a bunch right now :D
Thanks for the feature though!

I was just going to say Azimech didn't make the list.... then I saw him there too. What is he on, 7 streak? :cool: congrats.

I like the picks too.

3 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

I guess so, the person doing it next week will decide. I don't think showcases are looked at, but don't quote me on that. 

It's not really a "ask to be in" such as a newspaper. But more of a part of a newspaper, written by one person. :)

Hope this helps!

YargJay9991

4 hours ago, YargJay9991 said:

I guess so, the person doing it next week will decide. I don't think showcases are looked at, but don't quote me on that. 

It's not really a "ask to be in" such as a newspaper. But more of a part of a newspaper, written by one person. :)

Hope this helps!

YargJay9991

I'm quoting you.... Seriously though, I've go to decide about that.  Pre-migration, RBers was a different section of the forums, so it made sense to exclude it, but now, with the mass exodus to the SCE, it's a problem.  It's harder to find whether a craft is new in an showcase or not.  Any ideas, anyone?

Maybe if maintainers are required to highlight one showcase thread, as well as the individual craft from the week. It would have to have craft recently put in it that are worthy of the SCF, and the latest post on the thread (other than "bumps" of course), has to be during the week. 

Since there are more showcases nowadays on the SCE, I think we should showcase them in SCF as well! :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

3 minutes ago, YargJay9991 said:

Maybe if maintainers are required to highlight one showcase thread, as well as the individual craft from the week. It would have to have craft recently put in it that are worthy of the SCF, and the latest post on the thread (other than "bumps" of course), has to be during the week. 

Since there are more showcases nowadays on the SCE, I think we should showcase them in SCF as well! :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

That's a good idea, but wont we run out of showcases after a while?

3 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

That's a good idea, but wont we run out of showcases after a while?

True, but we can have repeats maybe? At least 3 months before being elegible for another showcase. Maybe only feature showcases that have had recent achievements. A lot can happen after three months.  We'd have to eventually compile a list of showcases currently in waiting so no one features them. Maintainers would have to make sure they write about why the showcase got featured.

We'll see how it goes if we decide to give it a go. :) Anyone else wanna have a say? After all, this is a community thing! :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

1 hour ago, gag09 said:

I liked them all especially the strike fighter. however can craft in showcases be a part of this or is it just singular craft posts. I am asking for a friend. :D

The only problem with showcases, is having to look through every single showcase thread to see if a craft was recently posted, and if it was worthy of SCF. That's the only reason we don't include craft from there. People who do a SCF can feature from a showcase if they want to, but it's not a requirement. :) Since the RB went away, a lot of showcases appeared on the SCE, so MRS and I are (kind of ;)) figuring out a way to feature entire showcases.

Hope this clears it up. :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

Usually if you're adding to a showcase you'd add a post to say what was added. Surely it's maintainer discretion? I'll be honest, I flat out ignored all showcases when I did mine, but that was more due to time because of the forum migration and work/school.

I also miss the ability to only see threads created in the last seven days now that we've migrated. 

19 minutes ago, FlipNascar said:

Usually if you're adding to a showcase you'd add a post to say what was added. Surely it's maintainer discretion? I'll be honest, I flat out ignored all showcases when I did mine, but that was more due to time because of the forum migration and work/school.

I also miss the ability to only see threads created in the last seven days now that we've migrated. 

What if we featured one showcase every week, along with the normal crafts?  Of course, they have to have had posts in them since the last week.

5 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

What if we featured one showcase every week, along with the normal crafts?  Of course, they have to have had posts in them since the last week.

Gosh, now I am going to have to clean mine up! Just in case people pop round you know, I hope I can finish the tank in time for this weeks SCF.

You should probably make it one previously unfeatured craft from a showcase, rather than feature a whole showcase.

Was just thinking a list of featured crafts and their source might be a good idea, if I have time I will try and do it, though I have something special in mind for this weeks SCF and I don't want to overburden myself because my playing hours are severely limited.

Edited by selfish_meme

8 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I think it's best left to the maintainer to decide. Any craft taken from a showcase should have the same rules applied - ie posted within the last seven days. But, each SCF should link to the craft's forum post too. Just because it's in a showcase doesn't exempt it, it's just that little bit harder to find if you don't have that much time.

I think that way you can get the best of both. Stuff that's added to showcases, and the single craft releases. At least that's how I'd move it forward.

6 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Gosh, now I am going to have to clean mine up! Just in case people pop round you know, I hope I can finish the tank in time for this weeks SCF.

You should probably make it one previously unfeatured craft from a showcase, rather than feature a whole showcase.

Was just thinking a list of featured crafts and their source might be a good idea, if I have time I will try and do it, though I have something special in mind for this weeks SCF and I don't want to overburden myself because my playing hours are severely limited.

Ok it's ready for visitors, everyones welcome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.