Could someone mod knowledgable take a look at this old mod?

Talavar

I would love to see an update to this mod if at all possible. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/33518-202-eva-followers-012-open-to-a-good-home/
 As the Title suggests, The original author has relinquished all rights to the mod and left the door open to anyone who want's to update it. To those who have never seen this mod, it essetionally makes the kerbals follow the leader, or group together and move as one.. you can also set up patrol points that they will walk between. I used it a long time ago.. really useful in some places. adds life in others (kerbals roaming around the launchpad can lead to some hilarious sights during liftoff ;) )   Also great for cinematics if you are into that kind of thing. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take up the torch! :)

Edited by Talavar

40 minutes ago, Talavar said:

I would love to see an update to this mod if at all possible. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/33518-202-eva-followers-012-open-to-a-good-home/
 As the Title suggests, The original author has relinquished all rights to the mod and left the door open to anyone who want's to update it. To those who have never seen this mod, it essetionally makes the kerbals follow the leader, or group together and move as one.. you can also set up patrol points that they will walk between. I used it a long time ago.. really useful in some places. adds life in others (kerbals roaming around the launchpad can lead to some hilarious sights during liftoff ;) )   Also great for cinematics if you are into that kind of thing. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take up the torch! :)

I have actually been looking at that one.  I guess I'll see about doing that then. :)

Just now, CliftonM said:

Getting the source code now.  This'll be the second mod for me to revive.

If you get this up and running, I will promote the hell out of it myself!! It never got the attention it deserved last time around. :D

1 minute ago, Talavar said:

If you get this up and running, I will promote the hell out of it myself!! It never got the attention it deserved last time around. :D

I definitely agree.

Did a quick build without modifications, and I have a lot of bugs to fix:

I'm going to test throwing one of them out of a rocket and making waypoints on the way down...

2 hours ago, Randazzo said:

Not sure how far you've gotten, Clifton, but there's a somewhat more recent version of that mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/84476-025-eva-follower-v103-05-nov-2014/

Might be easier to start from there.

That's the one I'm working with.  I haven't gotten too far with it yet, as I'm sick which makes it hard to concentrate.

15 hours ago, Admiral-Helwyr said:

I hope you get better soon. This mod would be useful in short movies and stuff.

I'm looking forward to any progress you make,

I've been getting a bit better.  I'd say to look for a release around next week.

I'll be interested in this as well...  I had a situation a while back when I was rescuing two three-kerbal crews crashed on the Mun; the rescue ship landed midway between the crash sites, but it was still a haul to get there on EVA, and I had to do it six times!  Boring... was wishing there was a way a group of kerbonauts could move together or play follow-the-leader.

16 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I'll be interested in this as well...  I had a situation a while back when I was rescuing two three-kerbal crews crashed on the Mun; the rescue ship landed midway between the crash sites, but it was still a haul to get there on EVA, and I had to do it six times!  Boring... was wishing there was a way a group of kerbonauts could move together or play follow-the-leader.

It would definitely help in that situation.

On 12/11/2015, 7:31:15, CliftonM said:

That's the one I'm working with.  I haven't gotten too far with it yet, as I'm sick which makes it hard to concentrate.

Hope you're feeling better soon, bud. Tis the season to catch the flu! lol

What issues are you getting CliftonM? I just set some followers, planted a flag, issued the go-to command and made a patrol and it seemed fine, admittedly not a thorough test but almost good enough to unpack the pink spandex (click the link in my sig :)). I really hope this comes back to life.

5 hours ago, Darren9 said:

What issues are you getting CliftonM? I just set some followers, planted a flag, issued the go-to command and made a patrol and it seemed fine, admittedly not a thorough test but almost good enough to unpack the pink spandex (click the link in my sig :)). I really hope this comes back to life.

It doesn't work with female Kerbals.  I need to apply it to the female one, which is unfortunately different from the male Kerbals.  It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm now back at school, which means I really don't have much time.  I should be able to do some work on it this afternoon.

30 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

It doesn't work with female Kerbals.  I need to apply it to the female one, which is unfortunately different from the male Kerbals.  It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm now back at school, which means I really don't have much time.  I should be able to do some work on it this afternoon.

Hmm, did you get the last one from half way down page 4, it seems to be working for me on the launchpad with girls following, leading or patrolling.

5 hours ago, Darren9 said:

Hmm, did you get the last one from half way down page 4, it seems to be working for me on the launchpad with girls following, leading or patrolling.

I'll see about it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.