Part tools .DDS Textures?

Hey, I'm new to ksp modding. As far I can tell part tools doesn't export .dds textures. I've installed an Nvidia plugin in photoshop to generate dds, but replacing the textures in my GameData folder does not work. I have one question, How can I get them to work?

Replacing should work (though you'll either need to invert the image vertically in photoshop before saving, or have the plugin do it for you). What format are the existing textures in your GameData folder? If you exported from Unity with PNG textures, sometimes the models still expect to find PNGs. If you let it save the model with exporting the textures as MBM format, the extension is unimportant and you can replace the texture with a DDS file later, as long as the main part of the filename is the same. If it's not the same, then you'll need to add "texture" settings lines in a "MODEL" block in the part's CFG file.

23 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Replacing should work (though you'll either need to invert the image vertically in photoshop before saving, or have the plugin do it for you). What format are the existing textures in your GameData folder? If you exported from Unity with PNG textures, sometimes the models still expect to find PNGs. If you let it save the model with exporting the textures as MBM format, the extension is unimportant and you can replace the texture with a DDS file later, as long as the main part of the filename is the same. If it's not the same, then you'll need to add "texture" settings lines in a "MODEL" block in the part's CFG file.

Thanks for the response, yes I tried with MBM and then replace, but i havent tried to invert the image, I've tried with DXT1 dds, does it need to have Mipmap?

18 minutes ago, Jaffa Cookie said:

Were can i download Part tools for 1.0.5?

I've only found a link to it by a dev that no longer works, Though that was some time ago

One for ksp v0.23

and one for Ksp 1.0

0.23 part tools is all you need for now. Once 1.1 hits we will need the new ones 

Use this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/88972-win-ksp-to-dds-texture-converter/

It was made for converting DDS textures before stock ksp could use them but on its own. It works wonderfully as a stand alone because you can convert whole folders and then delete the originals...

Edited by frizzank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.