"A Date Which Shall Live in Infamy..."

Sampa

Today is the 74th anniversary of the Japanese surprise attack on America's military base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.  This attack shocked the nation into action and triggered America's entrance into World War II.  So, I was wondering, What are you doing to remember and/or honor the lives lost that day?

Living life, like every other day. They died because they were fighting for that very thing to happen. And it has. Enjoy it while you can.

Ultimately, only one more true attack on the USA happened. It was tiny, though. But if the US didn't fight, especially later in full combat, eventually the Axis Powers would have triumphed at over most of the world. But the giant was woken, and since that resulted in the Axis' defeat, I'm grateful for their sacrifice, and for those who were on the front. My condolences to those who lost friends and family, as well.

I have nothing planned for right now, but a bit after the month, I plan on building a small model of the Arizona out of iron plating.

I'll have to chisel in the hull number though. That'll be fun. The ONE thing I don't have equipment for... 

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.