Modding Monday: Danger Alerts!

SQUAD

Danger Alerts! Adds alerts that trigger when you’re in danger. It also adds a simple interface that let’s you silence, or modify exactly when the alarm goes off. Currently, the mod is fairly simple and only has one alarm, the “ground collision” alarm, however the plan is to add more alarms. By Norpo 

Heya; I made Danger Alerts. Glad to see people like my small mod so far, it's good to see people are interested in the mod! :) The mod is fairly simple right now, but more features are coming Soontm, currently I'm working on a more sophisticated GUI; and low fuel/electric charge/life support (if modded) alerts. All toggleable through options, of course.

I'm always accepting suggestions for features, and constructive criticism; and would love to hear any you may have. :)

Two questions:

1. Is it an auditory alarm or a visual one?  The thread needs a video.

2. If auditory, does it have a feminine British accent?  Because I think that's some kind of law for space games now. :P

"Warning: Landing Gear Not Deployed"

"Warning: Heat Critical"

"Frameshift Charge Detected".... oops wrong game.

Seriously, it looks interesting but #1 was a real inquiry.

Edited by Alshain

1 hour ago, Norpo said:

Heya; I made Danger Alerts. Glad to see people like my small mod so far, it's good to see people are interested in the mod! :) The mod is fairly simple right now, but more features are coming Soontm, currently I'm working on a more sophisticated GUI; and low fuel/electric charge/life support (if modded) alerts. All toggleable through options, of course.

I'm always accepting suggestions for features, and constructive criticism; and would love to hear any you may have. :)

You're mod is very cool. I messed around with it the other day and changed the sound to something other than backwards counting. :P Very interesting! I suspect it will go a long way!

1 hour ago, Sequinox said:

You're mod is very cool. I messed around with it the other day and changed the sound to something other than backwards counting. :P Very interesting! I suspect it will go a long way!

Thanks; I changed the sound to something a bit more alert-like in the latest release, a harsh *twang*-ing sound, someone pointed out that if used with Chatterer it would get lost in the noise with the old sound :) 

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

1. Is it an auditory alarm or a visual one?  The thread needs a video.

2. If auditory, does it have a feminine British accent?  Because I think that's some kind of law for space games now. :P

Both, to an extent. Mostly audio, but the toolbar icon does change colour. I might add some other visual cue (someone suggested adding red lights to the IVA; no idea if that's easy, or even possible though), if I can figure out a way to add another visual cue; and keep it relatively non-intrusive, I'll probably add it. I would add a video but the mod will likely change quite a bit in future releases; If I do add a video it will be after I add a better GUI and possibly other alerts. That's a very good question though. I should probably specify that in the OP.

As for the second question; even though it is tongue-in-cheek, you could in theory change the sound to anything you want. :)

Maybe for a visual a flashing red border around the screen.  You've seen it in a million games, nothing too flashy, but like 10-20 pixels wide with increasing opacity towards the center of the screen.

Anything graphical is definitely not an area within my expertise, though, so maybe that's impossible within KSP.

--pest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.