{AMRSD} The Pier Idiotic Table - Luxury yacht

XCODKn6.png

Here's my latest craft!  The Pier Idiotic Table, a luxury yacht that I've been working on since 1.0.5 came out, starting with the mini-sub and growing from there. 
Then the latest update to scatter came out, and here we are!  I've made a video of it too:

You can redock the mini-sub, too.

Here's some pictures:

Spoiler

dSOhAK3.png

0fy3PEJ.png

MNfgXUD.png

yzK60xv.png

UaZWzPh.png

op87vGr.png

The name came from a random boat name generator.  Brakes AG activates all doors.

Enjoy!

Download

Really creative work you've got here!..... I just made a mini sub last night and now I think it's a full size after seeing yours! :confused: ..... Love the doors on yacht and it looks so nice with scatter, I haven't install that one yet.

1 minute ago, castille7 said:

Really creative work you've got here!..... I just made a mini sub last night and now I think it's a full size after seeing yours! :confused: ..... Love the doors on yacht and it looks so nice with scatter, I haven't install that one yet.

Thanks!  I can't wait to see your mini sub.  Oh, and by the way: I don't get that good performance with scatterer.  The video is sped up 5x, you can imagine how slow it is.

43 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Thanks!  I can't wait to see your mini sub.  Oh, and by the way: I don't get that good performance with scatterer.  The video is sped up 5x, you can imagine how slow it is.

What are you using to create ballast for the mini sub?

15 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Mostly ore tanks, but the RTGs and jets help.

I was looking at the possibility of ore tanks as I was reading other treads on the forum, but the problem is they cannot be refilled once emptied and as fuel is used, the submarine would become buoyant again, rising to the surface. I think I will test the Fengist ballast system and see what happens. If it still works, it may be worth promoting. I know that the keels and hull parts no longer work...

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I was looking at the possibility of ore tanks as I was reading other treads on the forum, but the problem is they cannot be refilled once emptied and as fuel is used, the submarine would become buoyant again, rising to the surface. I think I will test the Fengist ballast system and see what happens. If it still works, it may be worth promoting. I know that the keels and hull parts no longer work...

I was able to use an Advanced Grabbing Unit to grip to the Ocean Floor with a Sub Base I made, if you could do this with a Sub you might be able to reload with Ore to continue long journeys underwater but I haven't had a chance to prove this yet. If you decide to try this let me know if it works.

37 minutes ago, castille7 said:

I was able to use an Advanced Grabbing Unit to grip to the Ocean Floor with a Sub Base I made, if you could do this with a Sub you might be able to reload with Ore to continue long journeys underwater but I haven't had a chance to prove this yet. If you decide to try this let me know if it works.

I haven't tried that yet but I did experiment with Feingst's Maritime Mod parts, mainly the engine, water compressor, decompressor, and the "bitts". For the most part, I was able to make a submersible that did dive to a depth of about 160m under the Kerban ocean surface and return. Only problem is you have to watch your rate of ascent or you'll porpoise and achieve a height of 50m above the surface... 

14 hours ago, castille7 said:

Here is the Mini Sub I mentioned earlier - Squirt

Thanks!

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I haven't tried that yet but I did experiment with Feingst's Maritime Mod parts, mainly the engine, water compressor, decompressor, and the "bitts". For the most part, I was able to make a submersible that did dive to a depth of about 160m under the Kerban ocean surface and return. Only problem is you have to watch your rate of ascent or you'll porpoise and achieve a height of 50m above the surface... 

I've found that some subs actually fly okay.  Mine does, but only barely.

6 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Thanks!

I've found that some subs actually fly okay.  Mine does, but only barely.

I was thinking about flying my Mini Sub and I wondered if it would land on the water or on the island and then get into the water from there? I will try this soon and let you know how it goes. Also I just made another Mini Sub and before I could decouple the landing gear I noticed it was rolling down hill underwater without thrust, it's at 768m right now and heading towards the Islands. I will post a picture and send an update.

Mini Sub Round Stock

My mini sub flies like you said but no landing on the island, speeds to high and no landing on the water, speeds to high for that too....lol

Edited by castille7

20 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I wish people would learn to add part count in their descriptions

I mentioned the part count (approximately) in the video.  The exact part count is 451 parts, less than I estimated.

22 hours ago, castille7 said:

I was thinking about flying my Mini Sub and I wondered if it would land on the water or on the island and then get into the water from there? I will try this soon and let you know how it goes. Also I just made another Mini Sub and before I could decouple the landing gear I noticed it was rolling down hill underwater without thrust, it's at 768m right now and heading towards the Islands. I will post a picture and send an update.

Mini Sub Round Stock

My mini sub flies like you said but no landing on the island, speeds to high and no landing on the water, speeds to high for that too....lol

Looks great!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.