Pol awereness

322997am

So pol is the planet that gets ignored during jool missions. I've seen tons of videos that say "duna mission or eve mission or laythe mission. So we must make pol not feel ignored. And plus to that he has no Easter eggs. We must put together a series of missions to make pol feel loved and not ignored. Post pics below. Also this is a totally copied off of the dres awareness so don't say I didn't give credit.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

I went there back in 0.23.5

I haven't been back since. Maybe I should do a whole 1.0.x "Joolpollo" try.

I have went there last in 0.25. If it had an easter egg I'd go there. It's just so bland and easy.

It might be getting ignored because to go there all you need to do is walk around to the back of KSC and stand on the base of the Flag Pole.
Okay they patched that but it's still funny.

(There was a bug a few versions ago (1.0.2 or something) where when you do Science on the Flag Pole, because it contains the letters "POL" the game thinks you've been to Pol)

screenshot322.png

Way back in 0.24 I sent the mighty Phoenix III, its landers, and its intrepid crew to Duna, Dres, and several moons of Jool (Laythe and Tylo proved to be beyond the lander's capabilities). Here's a picture of the crew lander and flag on Pol with a nice view of Joolset in the background. Or maybe Joolrise; not sure which.

Anyway, I like Pol. Intriguingly unique terrain (are those plants or geological formations or what?), fun low gravity, beautiful views of the Jool system. I haven't been back since then, but that's mainly because with the new contracts and resource mining, there's so much fun stuff to do right here in the Kerbin system.

Edited by AbacusWizard

Went to Pol during my first and only (after all this time ...) complete Jool mission.

My space program is usually not advancing fast enough (damn RPing ...) to get very far before the next update hits and I voluntarily restart my game.

On 12/7/2015, 11:14:15, 322997am said:

So pol is the planet moon that gets ignored during jool missions...

FIFY.

After your arduous trip there, why not stop-off at scenic Dres, to enjoy the holiday wonders of a real planet.

Excuse me? Pol is a planet equal to dres. We the planets of the kerbal system to form a more perfect system to establish travel to provide common kerbals to the planets of the United kerbol system. 

Particle 1

ALL PLANETS ARE CREATED EQUAL

On 12/11/2015, 8:50:45, 322997am said:

ALL PLANETS ARE CREATED EQUAL

The KSP planets are Moho, Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Dres, Jool and Eeloo.  Their natural satellites are moons.
Last time I looked Pol was a moon of Jool, not a planet orbiting the sun.

Perhaps Pol itself would like to move to Dres?  After all it would then be THE planet's moon rather than merely the smallest, outermost, perhaps most-overlooked (as suggested by this thread), of a crowd.

Edited by Pecan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.