Toggle WYSIWYG Editor

Captain Sierra

As someone who's made a multitude of OPs for craft threads, mission reports, and even on rare occasion, mods, I've taken to enjoying the power and precision of working with the code in my posts.  The new What-you-see-is-what-you-get editor is great. The immediate feedback on my formatting is invaluable, but sometimes I want to see through the formatting. The KSP community is inarguably one of the more intelligible gaming communities and I think there's enough of us who are versed in C#, HTML, and Kod knows how many other code languages that people would appreciate this.

Caveat 1: This should not be the default mode. There are people who won't want this and shouldn't ever be required to use it. This is for the more formatting-savvy crowd. As a result, people who don't want this feature simply have a new button to ignore and their forum experience is not impacted at all.

We've been discussing and arguing for this feature for over a week now. We have yet to see a mod/admim reaction. We KNOW this is possible because other fora have this too.

Why has this not been implemented yet? WHY?
Either just do it or make a good statement why you won't. Currently you're just pissing on us without the courtesy of calling it rain.

Eh, my guess is everyone's gone on holiday or something, explaining why the other bugs in this shiny new forum thing haven't been addressed yet either. (Subscriptions, broken activity feeds etc. *poke *poke, c'mon guys , a little "we're working on those" would be nice)
Is there an official "known issues under investigation / report forum bugs here" thread somewhere? I know of several issues that need sorting here and I'm not seeing much feedback.

4 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

We've been discussing and arguing for this feature for over a week now. We have yet to see a mod/admim reaction. We KNOW this is possible because other fora have this too.

Other IPS fora? Because googling revealed a discussion on the IPS support forum in which there was a lot of lamenting on how badly it worked on IPS, compared to other forum systems.

Apperently everything is stored as HTML and I got the impression that IPS' plan is to go that way, once they have a reliable way to filter out unwanted tags.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.