"Spacecraft" needed

So, where to start with what I am thinking here...? I am a long time fan of Kerbal Space Programme and over the years I have tried (and often failed!) to launch numerous junkyard rockets into space. Helping me along the way has been the great ideas and designs of many of the amazing contributors on these forums, and I guess this is also where my problem starts and where hopefully you guys can help me again! :-)

There are too many of you!! "woaha!" I hear you cry, "too many?" yes too many, well too many having great ideas of how to make tanks, to make planes, submarines, cars, replicas of WW2 weapons and vehicles and to be honest not enough amongst all that making "spacecraft".

What I am after is simple (and that doesnt mean world record low part count) designs for spacecraft to do things like the following:

- Kerbin Satellite launches

- Mun/Minmus Landings and Return

- Duna Landings and Return

- Eve Landings and Return

- Probes to ... where ever far out there.

The only other requirement is that they must apply the rule of cool, no hideous behemoths please! :-)

So do you think you can help? Please post!

thanks

Wanderer

Heh there,

Not your conventional style lander but it it'll do Mun, Minmus and Duno missions quite happily. Is also 6.7% more cool then competing models.

yhaoeDV.jpg

Craft file and instructions can be found here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126428-cypher-high-performance-dropshipprospector/

Hope it fits the bill. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

2 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

Heh there,

Not your conventional style lander but it it'll do Mun, Minmus and Duno missions quite happily. Is also 6.7% more cool then competing models.

yhaoeDV.jpg

Craft file and instructions can be found here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126428-cypher-high-performance-dropshipprospector/

Hope it fits the bill. :)

Cupcake...

Cupcake! :D

5 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

What I am after is simple (and that doesnt mean world record low part count) designs for spacecraft to do things like the following:

A large and important part of the game is designing and building craft. You're asking for craft for nearly every possible scenario. Do you REALLY want other people to do all the work for you? Do you REALLY want to rob yourself of the chance to figure things out yourself and learn how to do it on your own?

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

A large and important part of the game is designing and building craft. You're asking for craft for nearly every possible scenario. Do you REALLY want other people to do all the work for you? Do you REALLY want to rob yourself of the chance to figure things out yourself and learn how to do it on your own?

People don't have the obligation to play a game the way it's supposed to be, especially if it's sandbox. If he wants the ships made for him, then for me, that's okay. 

I don't give a crap about how others want to play, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Columbia said:

People don't have the obligation to play a game the way it's supposed to be, especially if it's sandbox. If he wants the ships made for him, then for me, that's okay. 

I don't give a crap about how others want to play, honestly.

Of course everybody is entitled to playing the game he or she wants. But it's like using cheat codes in a single player FPS campaign to give the best arms and armour and saunter through to the final showdown.
If he wants to see other peoples designs to learn I'd say go right ahead. There are many great examples out there. If he just doesn't want to do it himself I'd say he's missing out on a lot.

51 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

I have been playing long enough to be more than happy that I am not robbing myself of anything, but yes I do want people to do some of the hard work for me :kiss:

thanks for your contribution

Just now, TheWanderer said:

I have been playing long enough to be more than happy that I am not robbing myself of anything, but yes I do want people to do some of the hard work for me :kiss:

thanks for your contribution

Have you at least tried to make the spacecraft you requested? Is it a case of lack of time or just honest laziness?

5 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Have you at least tried to make the spacecraft you requested? Is it a case of lack of time or just honest laziness?

Hi Jim, over the course of the various updates I have made craft to do all of the above My interest (and what my current time constraint allow) is to get out into space and do some exploration, i dont have the inclination to piece together the craft at the moment, beyond some tinkering.

Hope that answers your question.

My spaceplane focus has been on the ultra small recently, so not much help to you, but have a look at these;
Spaceplanes made in 1.0.5 sorted by most downloaded on KerbalX.com

If you then hit reset on the search you'll get the most recently posted craft and then you can use the search and filters to find all kinds of space worthy things.  Might at least give you some food for thought.

Just now, katateochi said:

My spaceplane focus has been on the ultra small recently, so not much help to you, but have a look at these;
Spaceplanes made in 1.0.5 sorted by most downloaded on KerbalX.com

If you then hit reset on the search you'll get the most recently posted craft and then you can use the search and filters to find all kinds of space worthy things.  Might at least give you some food for thought.

now that is a truly useful thing! thankyou! 

Just now, TheWanderer said:

Hi Jim, over the course of the various updates I have made craft to do all of the above My interest (and what my current time constraint allow) is to get out into space and do some exploration, i dont have the inclination to piece together the craft at the moment, beyond some tinkering.

Hope that answers your question.

Yes I see, in that case good luck, I hope someone can help you.

10 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

So, where to start with what I am thinking here...? I am a long time fan of Kerbal Space Programme and over the years I have tried (and often failed!) to launch numerous junkyard rockets into space. Helping me along the way has been the great ideas and designs of many of the amazing contributors on these forums, and I guess this is also where my problem starts and where hopefully you guys can help me again! :-)

There are too many of you!! "woaha!" I hear you cry, "too many?" yes too many, well too many having great ideas of how to make tanks, to make planes, submarines, cars, replicas of WW2 weapons and vehicles and to be honest not enough amongst all that making "spacecraft".

The only other requirement is that they must apply the rule of cool, no hideous behemoths please! :-)

So do you think you can help? Please post!

thanks

Wanderer

Have you taken a look at my thread, R-SUV? (link in my sig) I have a lineup of pretty much everything I use, except career-oriented low-tech stuff, with an emphasis on SSTOs. With the pieces I provide, you can pretty much do anything there is to do in this game, from space stations to offworld bases...

0yVq59d.png

CwTsHix.png

QVves4p.png

And if you feel like I am lacking something, by all means suggest it and if I think you are right I will take steps to correct the situation!

Rune. At the very least I should have your SSTO needs covered.

3 hours ago, inigma said:

Yup, KerbalX.com - for all your space program craft shopping needs. Everything including the kitchen sink.

It's got almost everything. But unfortunately, there is no kitchen sink. Trust me, I looked. :P

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

14 minutes ago, YargJay9991 said:

It's got almost everything. But unfortunately, there is no kitchen sink. Trust me, I looked. :P

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

I predict there will be at least 2 kitchen sinks on KerbalX within the next 24 hours.

Edited by StormKat

On 12/8/2015, 7:09:09, Tex_NL said:

I think in this context it may be like, "I am overwhelmed with the amount of of ways I could possibly try things, can you show me some reliable examples to inspire my own work?"  

At least, that is why I spend so much time going over the forums.  :cool:

@TheWanderer Obviously this is shameless self-advertisement, but I have an assortment of craft for various uses in my "Raptor Aerospace" link in my signature below, all with download links.  Plenty of designs to handle in-Kerbin-atmo, low- to medium- Kerbin orbit, Mun, Minmus, and even some Duna/Eve designs.  Here's a sample:

LKO/MKO-capable:

Spoiler

SVR-16%20Ranger%20Small_zpsjm228xtd.png

Mun-capable:

Spoiler

EV-2A%20Runabout-Titan%205%20LV-1B%20Sma

Duna-capable:

Spoiler

EV-3%20Clipper%20amp%20LV-4A%20Armadillo

Modular and multiple destinaton-capable:

Spoiler

EV-4%20Block%20Variants%20v2%20Small_zps

Evolution%20of%20Rocket%20Launch%20Desig

Ive been working on a shuttle for a while. Compared to most shuttle designs its easy to fly. It can make 200k orbit caring an orange tank without breaking a sweat.  I also have been working on making a easy to make space station it can take up with a few trips (the one in the pic is an old station, not the one I'm talking about). The hardest part is landing as you need to pretty spot on with it. To sharp of an angel and it can burn up plus if you make to hard of turns it can blow up to do high g forces. That said landing just takes practice.
Id give difficulty level a 6/10 because even a novice can get it up but landing is a bit of a challenge.
Let me know if interested.
vMtvs7B.png

Thanks for the suggestions guys, looking good! 

On 10/12/2015, 03:53:12, Raptor9 said:

@TheWanderer Obviously this is shameless self-advertisement, but I have an assortment of craft for various uses in my "Raptor Aerospace" link in my signature below, all with download links.  Plenty of designs to handle in-Kerbin-atmo, low- to medium- Kerbin orbit, Mun, Minmus, and even some Duna/Eve designs.  Here's a sample:

LKO/MKO-capable:

Reveal hidden contents

SVR-16%20Ranger%20Small_zpsjm228xtd.png

Mun-capable:

Reveal hidden contents

EV-2A%20Runabout-Titan%205%20LV-1B%20Sma

Duna-capable:

Reveal hidden contents

EV-3%20Clipper%20amp%20LV-4A%20Armadillo

Modular and multiple destinaton-capable:

Reveal hidden contents

EV-4%20Block%20Variants%20v2%20Small_zps

Evolution%20of%20Rocket%20Launch%20Desig

I have already been looking at your designs raptor. My only question would be if you had more on a smaller scale? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.