Mission to Haul Swivel to Set Altitude and Speed - get all the checks - then they go unchecked

I thought I had this mission figured out: haul a Swivel engine to a set altitude range, while there fire it up and stay within a set velocity range... I do that, and keep an eye on the mission log until every check box goes green.  So I figure I've completed the mission.

Eventually my speed gets too high or I start reentry and the altitude requirements are no longer met, and the boxes uncheck.  SO, in other words - I don't activate the stage until its all green, do I need to decouple while its green?

What am I missing?

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

Hmm, that's weird.

Normally, a contract turns green when all of its checkboxes turn green.  Are you saying that you've got every checkbox green, but the contract itself isn't completing?

That should never happen.  Either it's a bug, or else there's a checkbox lurking somewhere that's not satisfied.  Can you post a screenshot?

It sounds like the contract is asking you to activate the Swivel when you reach a certain altitude and speed range. Your problem is that you're getting to the altitude, activating it, then getting to the required range of speed. You need to be within ALL the contract parameters BEFORE you activate the engine. Try that and tell us if you're successful.

33 minutes ago, arise257 said:

It sounds like the contract is asking you to activate the Swivel when you reach a certain altitude and speed range. Your problem is that you're getting to the altitude, activating it, then getting to the required range of speed. You need to be within ALL the contract parameters BEFORE you activate the engine. Try that and tell us if you're successful.

Except that the "haul" contracts introduced in 1.0.5 generally don't have any activation requirements (just be in the right place under the right conditions), which is why this is puzzling.

Screenshot would really help.

24 minutes ago, Snark said:

Except that the "haul" contracts introduced in 1.0.5 generally don't have any activation requirements (just be in the right place under the right conditions), which is why this is puzzling.

Screenshot would really help.

Oh, I missed that detail. Once it goes green, like you said, he should be good. I second the call for screenies!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.