Unity 5.3 is out

HafCoJoe

well, im not a coder, so i just understand 1/2 of it, but it seems to be mostly editor /creator-affected changes. Besides the mono-update to 5.9.4 - but i have no clue if that is important.

But might be not that hard to "upgrade" the running development. - but as it doesnt seem to affect the user-experience very much, i think its not that important to us if KSP will ever upgrade to 5.3 or not.

but - as said - just what i read out of it. might be totally wrong and a major overhaul - but... nahhh :D

I understand most of it, but only because most of it was "we removed this deprecated thing." One thing that did catch my eye is the addition of support for the Metal graphics API. That might lead to some major graphical performance gains on Macs. (Most new Macs use integrated chip graphics, so graphics performance is important.)

(Metal, for those of you who don't know, is Apple's new graphics API that allows graphical calculations to be performed much more effieciently.)

On 8/12/2015 23:55:57, Speadge said:

well, im not a coder, so i just understand 1/2 of it, but it seems to be mostly editor /creator-affected changes. Besides the mono-update to 5.9.4 - but i have no clue if that is important.

But might be not that hard to "upgrade" the running development. - but as it doesnt seem to affect the user-experience very much, i think its not that important to us if KSP will ever upgrade to 5.3 or not.

but - as said - just what i read out of it. might be totally wrong and a major overhaul - but... nahhh :D

*yick* possibly some changes everywhere  *yick - bis-*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.