[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

48 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I am under the impression that this mod allows five-way symmetry.

Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. Actually, pretty much "every-way symmetry" :D
By default, it allows up to 20-way but you can crank it up in the settings if you are in the rare need of a 90-way symmetry or something like that :)

Hello there. I tried using this mod but all it did was change the symmetry button icons. The symmetry modes were the same as stock, and the mod's settings weren't doing anything. The hotkeys weren't working either. I had the mod and its dependencies installed through CKAN.

By the way, the OP is out-of-date - it says in bold that the mod will only work with 1.4.1, unless

Second BTW, I hope you're aware of the fact that CKAN shows most of your 1.9.x-compatible mods as 1.8, likely because of old metadata. Should I report those mods to CKAN, or something?

Edited by Krzeszny
Third paragraph

It would be really nice to have a option for rotate and move to be able to click a button to move it by the smallest degree one step at a time, as with RCS build aid it would be really useful to be able to do that as RCS build aid allows you to align the centre of mass and centre of thrust , but actually offsetting the parts is difficult due to a lack of precision on the move and rotate options even with toggle snap off. Also having a box that pops up and shows you the angle from absolute would also be super helpful.

Edited by etheoma

1 hour ago, etheoma said:

It would be really nice to have a option for rotate and move to be able to click a button to move it by the smallest degree one step at a time,

Have you tried to use the already available "fine adjust"? It's not a button but you can decrease the adjustments steps to 0.001 and move/rotate everything with the arrow keys.

1 hour ago, etheoma said:

Also having a box that pops up and shows you the angle from absolute would also be super helpful.

The "position debug" window should provide every information you need.

You can find both options when you click on the EEX button in the editor.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Have you tried to use the already available "fine adjust"? It's not a button but you can decrease the adjustments steps to 0.001 and move/rotate everything with the arrow keys.

The "position debug" window should provide every information you need.

You can find both options when you click on the EEX button in the editor.

Ah thanks, although there is also a mod for this, "Precise Editor" I found it when reinstalling editor extensions because it wasn't working. Although funny thing is my caft isn't actually Asymmetric, well it's a space place so it's slightly Asymmetric, but it's weight if off to one side in the horizontal direction, which I don't have anything asymmetric that way... tried taking off parts to see if I had accidentally place something inside and no... one of the parts just seems to be bugged.

Also that isn't fine enough, I mean litterally as fine a movement as is possible, EEX seems to move them 1 degree at a time or something close to that, when you are off setting an engine 2000KN 1 degree of rotation on a long vessel is like the difference between 0 torque and 1000kN+ of torque. and I want to get it down to 0.005kN 0.01kN is acceptable though, rotation is only to get rid of large variances though to get it down to like 50kN of torque, but to do that I need 0.01 degree accuracy, so it's off by like a factor of 100, precise editor gives you 0.0001 degree accuracy so it's more than enough to get me to my target.

Edited by etheoma

K an actual issue this time

I seem to have come into this issue, but I don't know what it means by the tool bar.

Warning on Keybindings

• Note in very rare circumstances the symmetry and angle snap keybindings might be lost.  This would only occur   if another mod triggers the game to save its settings while in the VAB/SPH, *and* the game subsequently crashes  or is killed before exiting the building.  If it happens, you can easily restore the keybindings (X and C by  default) by hovering over the toolbar button and selecting the menu option "Reset Mode & Snap keys".

Edit Ah d.w. I found it. I just didn't know what EXX was until I looked it up, or I just have just looked up one at the previous post... My bad.

Edited by etheoma

4 hours ago, etheoma said:

Also that isn't fine enough, I mean litterally as fine a movement as is possible, EEX seems to move them 1 degree at a time or something close to that, when you are off setting an engine 2000KN 1 degree of rotation on a long vessel is like the difference between 0 torque and 1000kN+ of torque. and I want to get it down to 0.005kN 0.01kN is acceptable though, rotation is only to get rid of large variances though to get it down to like 50kN of torque, but to do that I need 0.01 degree accuracy, so it's off by like a factor of 100, precise editor gives you 0.0001 degree accuracy so it's more than enough to get me to my target.

I had to try it on my own to believe that but yeah, you are absolute right, it's not precise enough for that kind of task. Best I could do was ~0.05kN adjustments on the torque while rotating a vector engine. I'm actually surprised that "Precise Editor" can do it at this level of precision but it's good to know^^

6 hours ago, etheoma said:

Warning on Keybindings

• Note in very rare circumstances the symmetry and angle snap keybindings might be lost.  This would only occur   if another mod triggers the game to save its settings while in the VAB/SPH, *and* the game subsequently crashes  or is killed before exiting the building.  If it happens, you can easily restore the keybindings (X and C by  default) by hovering over the toolbar button and selecting the menu option "Reset Mode & Snap keys".

Interesting.  I do have that happen sometimes (and I'm glad for that button), but I never knew why it happened.  I do Alt-F4 straight from the VAB sometimes when testing mod stuff (like MM patches) that requires restarting the game.  Going forward, I'll pay attention to see if it's correlated with that.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dan1ell1ma said:

Hello, the master snap is working? I am following the instructions, but when i hover the cursor over the child part and press "v" nothing happens.

Yes, it is.  Is it possible that the part is already centered?

The snap is done as a movement, so you should see it move.

If it isn't working, please make a video and post it so I can see, a log file of the same session would also be helpful

Keep in mind that the snap is only for a single part; if, for example, you have two T800 tanks stacked, and then try to center something, it will vertical snap to a single part, not the whole assembly

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

linuxgurugamer, I'm using the faster zoom all the time as zooming with the mousewheel under linux is spotty for me and I end up using the -/+ keys all the time.  Thanks for your attention keeping all this rolling.  If you could find it in your heart to do the same double-tap/fast change for the PgUp and PgDn keys with regards to moving up and down in the hangars that would be so very cool.  Or if someone could point me to how I can reliably make my mousewheel scale up under linux I'd really appreciate it.  I changed the scale in for AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL in the global settings.cfg and it seems to work for the first few scrolls, then goes back to glacial.  Mousewheel speed is great in X in general.  Just glacial in KSP.  I'm running 1.9.1 and a bunch of mods so not sure I want to keep going down that rabbit hole for now; but if you have something that might help I'd appreciate

Edited by darthgently
added detail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For tall rockets, it would be very useful to be able to set the distance from floor to negative numbers in the editor so when the B key was pressed a tall rocket could be dropped down low enough to reach the higher parts without disassembling the craft.  If there is a way to achieve work on higher parts other than removing lower parts and pressing "B" I have missed it and would be grateful for finding out how that is done.  Thanks for all you do, it is very much appreciated!  I used to use Hangar Extender for tall ships but that seems too unstable on 1.10.1

Where is the current forum for Editor Extensions?  This seems too quiet and the messages are a bit old.  I can't find anything newer on forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com

44 minutes ago, darthgently said:

If there is a way to achieve work on higher parts other than removing lower parts and pressing "B"

If need be, I press "B", then shift-click the craft and move it downwards into the floor (I usually use this to check wheels for ground clearance, not working at the top of the craft). For detail work on outriggers, I use "WASD Editor Camera" to move around more freely.

43 minutes ago, darthgently said:

I used to use Hangar Extender for tall ships but that seems too unstable on 1.10.1

I can't complain, it works for me. What happens?

43 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Where is the current forum for Editor Extensions?  This seems too quiet and the messages are a bit old.  I can't find anything newer on forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com

A quiet forum thread may just be an indication that the mod works without problems :)

1 hour ago, HansAcker said:

If need be, I press "B", then shift-click the craft and move it downwards into the floor (I usually use this to check wheels for ground clearance, not working at the top of the craft). For detail work on outriggers, I use "WASD Editor Camera" to move around more freely.

A quiet forum thread may just be an indication that the mod works without problems :)

Well, as it turns out, it may not have been Hangar Extender, and probably wasn't, but I thinned the herd trying to solve the issue and that was one that seemed correlated.  Just a lot of lag and crashes in the VAB, as well as issues with IR robotic parts becoming "exploded diagrams" of themselves in the editor when HE was running where the subparts of the single robot part would become offset from the other subparts. I'm thinking now that was more of an IR issue as it hasn't really been updated much and the new stock robotic parts seem ok, but I made the change prior to getting the stock parts.  Anyway, I'm playing whackamole here trying to figure out what works, what doesn't, and am beginning to suspect most of it comes down to a heat issue in my gaming laptop.  bleah

I never knew about shift-click, but on linux my right-shift is the "alt" key so I was always wary of what the left might do, lol.  Ok, I just tried the shift-click and that works great (would be nice if were like the translation tool to keep in on the same XZ axis (where x and z both = 0), but I'll take it)

Edited by darthgently

48 minutes ago, darthgently said:

I never knew about shift-click

Picking up the root part has the same effect.

48 minutes ago, darthgently said:

would be nice if were like the translation tool to keep in on the same XZ axis (where x and z both = 0), but I'll take it

My "trick" is to try and pick up the craft without lateral movement and then use only the scroll wheel or Page Up/Down keys.

1 minute ago, HansAcker said:

Picking up the root part has the same effect.

My "trick" is to try and pick up the craft without lateral movement and then use only the scroll wheel or Page Up/Down keys.

I usually put the root way at the top.  I suppose I don't have to do that.  I wish someone at Squad back in the early days had taken a cue for how high end interfaces deal with 3D objects.  Many allow you to hold a key down to limit motion to vertical, horizontal, etc. and the key works no matter what you are doing: resizing, translating, ...  Many graphics oriented packages allow you to align one part with another, vertically, horizontally, or radially, by just a few clicks and a key.  I love ksp, but I can't stand it, but I love it.  It is cute how it fails so earnestly and doesn't hold back.  My heart aches for its struggles

On 9/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, HansAcker said:

Yo

How are you guys getting this to work in 1.10.1? Editor Extensions requires Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Controller to work, neither of which work with the latest version of KSP?

x

14 minutes ago, rextable said:

Yo

How are you guys getting this to work in 1.10.1? Editor Extensions requires Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Controller to work, neither of which work with the latest version of KSP?

x

Who says they don't work? CTB is even already built for 1.10.1* and the others still work.

Edit:

*wrong, but still works

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 months later...

I was having a problem I assume was related to this mod where the angle snap and symmetry mode keys would be cleared. I had to go back to the main menu to reassign them. They were blank. It happened about 4 times; always those 2 keys. Anybody else?

Edited by Krazy1
nevermind, it does say KSP 1.10.1 in CKAN

• 4 weeks later...

In KSP 1.10, I'm getting assembly errors in the KSP log for "XmlSerializers" when entering the SPH.

Spoiler

[LOG 03:24:18.873] log level WARNING
[ERR 03:24:18.882] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 03:24:18.882] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 03:24:18.883] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers

KSP log 

No apparent effect in game. I used QuickStart to go to the SPH and it loaded the last craft. Then ran QuickExit.

Also tried without QuickStart/ Exit... same thing

I looked back at other logs, like the one where we were looking at the QuickStart frustum error, and these errors are not there. So I don't know when it started exactly. 

Last mods installed and kept were EasyBoard and Craft Import && Upload. I also added several contract mods that gave other errors (that's why I found this) but they are removed. Removed Import && Upload. Still there:

KSP log

Edited by Krazy1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer Happy New Year

I've been ignoring the XMLSerializers error in the log like above, but now I installed the latest KER and got a NulRef and log spam from KAC when entering the VAB.

Spoiler

[LOG 18:12:02.048] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
[LOG 18:12:02.048] editor started
[LOG 18:12:02.198] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 976602280 to 2396590470.
[LOG 18:12:02.198] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 976602280 to 535507733.
[LOG 18:12:02.201] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 2354377263 to 2296181281.
[LOG 18:12:02.208] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 2354377263 to 2333847467.
[LOG 18:12:02.210] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 3352077028 to 2818842234.
[LOG 18:12:02.223] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 18:12:02.223] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 18:12:02.223] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 18:12:02.223] BiomeNodeCount:  0
[LOG 18:12:02.223] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 18:12:02.223] PlanetNodeCount:  2
[LOG 18:12:02.292] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 18:12:02.292] [ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 18:12:02.294] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,BaseLoadDone. Alarms Count (Should be 0):0
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 2 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 0 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 1 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 3 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 0 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 2 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 1 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[LOG 18:12:02.297] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,ScenarioLoadDone. Alarms Count:14
[LOG 18:12:02.300] QuickStart(QSettings)[2.20]: Settings Saved
[LOG 18:12:02.300] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.20]: OnAwake
[ERR 18:12:02.402] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:12:02.402] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:12:02.402] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EditorExtensionsRedux.XmlSerializers

[LOG 18:12:02.437] ScaleModList: listSize 369 maxListSize 1713
[LOG 18:12:02.441] [FSHangarExtender] -- Assigned scalingFactor: 5
[LOG 18:12:02.474] QuickExit(QExit)[2.20]: Start
[LOG 18:12:02.474] QuickGoTo(QGUI)[1.40]: RefreshTexture
[LOG 18:12:02.474] QuickGoTo(QGUI)[1.40]: RefreshStyle force: True
[LOG 18:12:02.474] QuickGoTo(QGUI)[1.40]: Start
[LOG 18:12:02.474] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for RSS
[LOG 18:12:02.478] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for KER
[LOG 18:12:02.478] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,Attempting to Grab KER Types...
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,KER Version:1.1.8.2
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,Creating Wrapper Objects
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,p not NULL
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,BurnTimeProp Success: True
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,HalfBurnTimeProp Success: True
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,HasDeltaVProp Success: True
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,UpdateMethod Success: True
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Successfully Hooked KER
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for VOID
[LOG 18:12:02.480] 1/1/2021 6:12:02 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-VOIDWrapper,Attempting to Grab VOID Types...
[LOG 18:12:02.492] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.20]: autoSaveShip: start
[LOG 18:12:02.492] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.20]: Start
[EXC 18:12:02.499] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.ParseAlarmsAndAffectWarpAndPause (System.Double SecondsTillNextUpdate) (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSP log with null ref

Removed EEX (kept KER and KAC) and no error so far.

KSP log after EEX removed