[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Slider goes from 0 to 20, in , I believe, 0.2m increments

Closest I can get is 2.5490 or 2.4510 either side of 2.5m :D

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

you will need to edit the game file

which file? I can't find reference to those vars in the GameData folder :(

5 hours ago, MR L A said:

Closest I can get is 2.5490 or 2.4510 either side of 2.5m :D

And that isn’t close enough?

5 hours ago, MR L A said:

which file? I can't find reference to those vars in the GameData folder :(

The save file, persistent.sfs

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And that isn’t close enough?

Absolutely not :P I mean, how dare it be 4.9cm too high! :D

The save file, persistent.sfs

Ahh thank you :D got the little tike 

I appreciate the help, I know you're an exceptionally busy individual within this community, let alone whatever else it is that you do in life :) Quite frankly I'm amazed you find time to eat or sleep 

As a side question, where does it measure the height from exactly? Both images below feature a 2.5m panel attached to the lowest component of the craft with B set to 2.5m as above :) the panel is placed *after* pressing B and is only there to give a sense of height :)

This one is okay, albeit slightly out (I'm not *that* fussy) :

cQ89B3w.jpg

and this one is a good 1.25m out for some reason:

ZoHo4WO.jpg

I have another one perfectly aligned with the floor and another a good meter too high :S 

and again, I do appreciate you're a busy individual and this is by far the least concerning issue you likely have at the moment :D

Edited by MR L A

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest version of KSP that people are finding that this is working well with? I see CKAN says 1.11 but I can't download that version. Only 1.10.1 or 1.11.1 is available it appears.  Can't build without this anymore.

38 minutes ago, SP_S6 said:

What's the latest version of KSP that people are finding that this is working well with? I see CKAN says 1.11 but I can't download that version. Only 1.10.1 or 1.11.1 is available it appears.  Can't build without this anymore.

Tell CKAN that all 1.11 versions are compatible

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Tell CKAN that all 1.11 versions are compatible

ok, i'm starting a fresh save (with fresh KSP install too) and was checking version of KSP itself to install rather than trying to get CKAN to install it.  If all 1.11 are ok does that mean 1.11.2 is currently working? because my symmetry multiplier and snapping angle selectors were not working and I assumed I probably needed to downgrade to a supported version.  Other than reinstalling it again through ckan  i didn't try any bugfixing.  I'm sure it was working for a short time but i thought steam may have updated ksp in the mean time.  tbh I'm just looking to install the max version of KSP supported by this mod and sticking to that version.

Edited by SP_S6

16 hours ago, SP_S6 said:

ok, i'm starting a fresh save (with fresh KSP install too) and was checking version of KSP itself to install rather than trying to get CKAN to install it.  If all 1.11 are ok does that mean 1.11.2 is currently working? because my symmetry multiplier and snapping angle selectors were not working and I assumed I probably needed to downgrade to a supported version.  Other than reinstalling it again through ckan  i didn't try any bugfixing.  I'm sure it was working for a short time but i thought steam may have updated ksp in the mean time.  tbh I'm just looking to install the max version of KSP supported by this mod and sticking to that version.

It works fine in 1.11.2 for me. I do occasionally notice the bug you mention where changing snap / symmetry doesn't respond, but opening the toolbar button and clicking on "Reset mode and snap keys" (or something similar, can't check now) fixes it. FWIW I've noticed this in previous KSP versions too, not just 1.11.2. 

3 minutes ago, Zelda said:

It works fine in 1.11.2 for me. I do occasionally notice the bug you mention where changing snap / symmetry doesn't respond, but opening the toolbar button and clicking on "Reset mode and snap keys" (or something similar, can't check now) fixes it. FWIW I've noticed this in previous KSP versions too, not just 1.11.2. 

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is a very old problem, and I added the menu item to "Reset mode and snap keys" to fix it

ahhh that's excellent!! thank you both very much! :)

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 3.4.3

• Added code from Rememberer mod at mod author @Krazy1 request,  remembers the last sort setting for the Editor part list.
    • Original thread: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/203114-rememberer/&tab=comments#comment-3991624
    • Minor optimization of Rememberer initialization code
    • Rememberer is automatically disabled if PRUNE is found

Thanks @linuxgurugamer ! 

BUT it's not working. I pulled out my Rememberer folder from Gamedata and installed EEX 3.4.3 from CKAN. Seems like 2 issues. First, it can't find the config file, and the config file really isn't there.

[WRN 21:36:21.369] File 'C:/KSP/KSP 1.11.2 modded/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/EditorExtensionsRedux/RememEditor.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 21:36:21.372] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Rememberer.RememEditor.Start () (at <7ecc786bb2bc446292b849f6c96cc99b>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I put the CFG file where it's looking for it and it correctly loaded the value I had in the file (mass ascending) the first time entering the editor

Spoiler

partListSortIndex = 1
partListSortAsc = True

but then it reverts to the stock default (name, ascending) after exiting and re-entering the editor. The CFG file was unchanged. No EXC or new ERR in the log either.

I didn't look in your code. I'm assuming it's a simple oops. If not, let me know what you need. 

11 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Thanks @linuxgurugamer ! 

BUT it's not working. I pulled out my Rememberer folder from Gamedata and installed EEX 3.4.3 from CKAN. Seems like 2 issues. First, it can't find the config file, and the config file really isn't there.

[WRN 21:36:21.369] File 'C:/KSP/KSP 1.11.2 modded/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/EditorExtensionsRedux/RememEditor.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 21:36:21.372] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Rememberer.RememEditor.Start () (at <7ecc786bb2bc446292b849f6c96cc99b>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

I put the CFG file where it's looking for it and it correctly loaded the value I had in the file (mass ascending) the first time entering the editor

Hide contents

partListSortIndex = 1
partListSortAsc = True

but then it reverts to the stock default (name, ascending) after exiting and re-entering the editor. The CFG file was unchanged. No EXC or new ERR in the log either.

I didn't look in your code. I'm assuming it's a simple oops. If not, let me know what you need. 

It is a simple fix, thanks for letting me know

Edit:  This is what happens when making a "simple" change and not testing it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hey Linuxgurugamer!

Thanks for the help previously, only just seen your reply :)

I do have a feature request if I may be so bold...

A button to change the Fairing Expansion setting :) Its state isn't remember by the game unfortunately, and those of us with fairing-heavy builds (see https://kerbalx.com/The_Black_Badger/craft (not mine, but a darn good example)), its incredibly annoying having to turn all the fairings off again :D

I appreciate its a bit niche though :P

thanks!

New release, 3.4.3.1

• Fixed saving and loading of Rememberer cfg file

Sorry man... closer but still not quite right.

Summary: it is loading the RememEditor.cfg value only the first time when entering the Editor in a KSP session. However, it is correctly saving the sort change in the RememEditor.cfg when the sort order is changed. 

Steps:

1. Load KSP. Enter VAB.
  2. Note it's sorting by mass ascending... good (it's the new default in PluginData\RememEditor.cfg)
  3. exit VAB; enter VAB
  4. Note it's sorting by name ascending... no good
  5. change sort to cost descending; exit VAB; enter VAB
  6. Note it's sorting by name ascending... no good
  7. Exit KSP
  8. check RememEditor.cfg: it has changed corresponding to cost descending:
    partListSortAsc = False
    partListSortIndex = 2

... so it did save the setting but didn't recall it.

9 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Sorry man... closer but still not quite right.

Summary: it is loading the RememEditor.cfg value only the first time when entering the Editor in a KSP session. However, it is correctly saving the sort change in the RememEditor.cfg when the sort order is changed. 

Steps:

1. Load KSP. Enter VAB.
  2. Note it's sorting by mass ascending... good (it's the new default in PluginData\RememEditor.cfg)
  3. exit VAB; enter VAB
  4. Note it's sorting by name ascending... no good
  5. change sort to cost descending; exit VAB; enter VAB
  6. Note it's sorting by name ascending... no good
  7. Exit KSP
  8. check RememEditor.cfg: it has changed corresponding to cost descending:

partListSortAsc = False
    partListSortIndex = 2

... so it did save the setting but didn't recall it.

Ah.  A misplaced brace.  Will test a release soon

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Some more info is needed, try providing a log file, please

I've been told that the new version (3.4.3.2) produces the following logspam:

[EXC 20:48:48.947] TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 0100005a (from typeref, class/assembly EditorLogicBase, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.OnGUI () (at <a5212d5164ff40c8840dd8c9f42ef3c9>:0)