[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, IntoSpaceAgain said:

That's really interesting. All the years I've used EEX and I had never noticed that behaviour before, probably because I normally use the hotkey and rarely need higher than 4-way symmetry. Thanks LGG, and sorry for making what turned out to be a false report.

Not a problem, it took me a few minutes to realize what was going on.

2 hours ago, glorsh66 said:

For some reason, It seems not to work in my case.
I started a new career game. I see a button "EEX"; but when I click on it, nothing happens.
Do I need to upgrade my hangar or something like that? Or is it a bug? 

Probably neither.  But, no logs, no support.

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, for some reason, using v3.4.3.5 on 1.12.2, whenever I first load into the editor after starting the game, none of the stock keyboard shortcuts (angle snap toggle, symmetry key, etc) work until I hit the "reset symmetry mode & angle snap keys" button. Feels like this is unintended behavior; is this a known issue?

9 minutes ago, Starseeker said:

Hmm, for some reason, using v3.4.3.5 on 1.12.2, whenever I first load into the editor after starting the game, none of the stock keyboard shortcuts (angle snap toggle, symmetry key, etc) work until I hit the "reset symmetry mode & angle snap keys" button. Feels like this is unintended behavior; is this a known issue?

Known problem, no idea what's happening, which is why I added that option

18 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm having an issue were the mod does nothing except having the icon in the toolbar. The icon also doesn't do anything either. 

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgrl6pwehyv4sf2/KSP.log?dl=0

Did you try the reset keys option?

You need to install ClickThroughBlocker

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Stupid question (for sure/very probably):
it is possible to set a 5x simmetry?
If yes, how???

I can kind-of-do-it by setting "angle snap" to 72° (360°/5), but obviously I have then to place part singulary. I would like to have the odd one in the simmetry selection......

2 hours ago, Araym said:

Stupid question (for sure/very probably):
it is possible to set a 5x simmetry?
If yes, how???

I can kind-of-do-it by setting "angle snap" to 72° (360°/5), but obviously I have then to place part singulary. I would like to have the odd one in the simmetry selection......

You can get 5x symmetry by using the hotkey (X by default).

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, margon said:

Stupid question Nº2 (for sure/very probably or already asked):

I noticed when you  move a part with the move tool in snap mode it relocate 0.200 units in the desired direction. Is it posible to fine tune that amount to 0.1 or 0.05 ?

check out

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, MR L A said:

Hey Linuxgurugamer!

Thanks for the help previously, only just seen your reply :)

I do have a feature request if I may be so bold...

A button to change the Fairing Expansion setting :) Its state isn't remember by the game unfortunately, and those of us with fairing-heavy builds (see https://kerbalx.com/The_Black_Badger/craft (not mine, but a darn good example)), its incredibly annoying having to turn all the fairings off again :D

I appreciate its a bit niche though :P

thanks!

Backing this. have began building with fairings heavily and this is the one thing i wish i had

• 1 month later...

Thanks for maintaining this@linuxgurugamer, curious for your thoughts on the ease/complexity of adding the ability to snap to "the other" horizontal axis (Mod+H perhaps).

This comes up most for me when I'm putting surface mount things on the end of a cylinder, surface mounting multiple parachutes on the top of a crew capsule (landing pod) for instance. In many cases I'd like to center the part I'm placing without using the attach node.

Anyway, temped to take a peek at the code and see if I can locate this and see if the same "snap horizontal/vertical" functionality could be applied to the 3rd axis easily but I'm being lazy and asking first. Curious for your thoughts! And thanks again for keeping this working!

-Talon

Edited by Black-Talon
silly brain typing the words

4 hours ago, Black-Talon said:

Thanks for maintaining this@linuxgurugamer, curious for your thoughts on the ease/complexity of adding the ability to snap to "the other" horizontal axis (Mod+H perhaps).

This comes up most for me when I'm putting surface mount things on the end of a cylinder, surface mounting multiple parachutes on the top of a crew capsule (landing pod) for instance. In many cases I'd like to center the part I'm placing without using the attach node.

Anyway, temped to take a peek at the code and see if I can locate this and see if the same "snap horizontal/vertical" functionality could be applied to the 3rd axis easily but I'm being lazy and asking first. Curious for your thoughts! And thanks again for keeping this working!

-Talon

On a related note, the mod Precision Editor (Précise Editor?) really helps with stuff like this also

7 hours ago, Black-Talon said:

-Talon

Also Hanger Grid

• 1 month later...

With KSP 1.12.3, and a lull in classes because of spring break, I've decided to jump back into KSP for a bit, but I've noticed a weird issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and hopefully has a fix.

For some reason, M.O.L.E. (and I'm guessing the rest of the Wild Blue mods) isn't playing well with Editor Extensions Redux (plus Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Controller). I've downloaded the latest versions of each mod on Spacedock and/or Git, but whenever EEx is installed, the "Manage Operations" and "Reconfigure Storage" options in the VAB just don't work. In fact, on the M.O.L.E. module, the "Manage Operations" button is completely missing, and clicking the "Reconfigure Storage" button has no apparent effect.

However, removing EEx/Click Through Blocker/Toolbar Controller returns the Wild Blue modules to normal function. 

Other than EEx and M.O.L.E., I'm running with MechJeb, MechJebForAll, Navyfish Docking Port Alignment Indicator, PortraitStats, and ShipManifest. Also, the two expansions, Making History and Breaking Ground. (I did a clean reinstall of KSP 1.12.3 with MH and BG, added M.O.L.E., and then started adding my other "main" mods one by one until M.O.L.E. broke....)

(Logs at https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vrkc3a2spax8o/Ayelmar KSP Logs.zip?dl=0)

Sadly, I kind of came to rely on BOTH sets of mods in the past (1.10.x and before)....

If anyone has a workaround or a proper fix for this, I'd really appreciate learning how (even if spring break is rapidly drawing to a close....)

(Crossposting this to the M.O.L.E. topic as well....)

Edited by Ayelmar

I haven’t looked at the logs yet, 

How did you install the mods?

Edit:  Looked at the logs, this has nothing to do with EEX.  This is the error from the log file:

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.1.3.0
ModuleManager v4.1.3.0

There should only be one.

I have no idea what this is:

tem.Buffers v4.0.3.0 / v4.6.28619.01 @BuiltBy: dlab14-DDVSOWINAGE069 @Branch: release/2.1 @SrcCode: https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/tree/7601f4f6225089ffb291dc7d58293c7bbf5c5d4f / v4.6.28619.01

You are missing some dependencies:

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'StageRecovery' is missing 2 dependencies 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

and

[DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes. 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.SolarBatteryModule' 

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00088] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () [0x001de] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>d__31:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>d__46:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()

So besides everything else, you obviously did NOT install via CKAN, because you are missing the SpaceTuxLibrary required by StageRecovery (and it IS mentioned in the OP, I just checked)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Oops.... :huh: 

And thank you!

The missing SpaceTuxLibrary seems to have been the culprit, but I got rid of the extraneous ModuleManager just to be more complete. (I overlooked the added dependency on StageRecovery....)

I've always (since I bought KSP 10+ years ago) just installed manually, unzipping the package and copying everything into the GameData folder, mainly because I have multiple installs of each release of KSP, with different combinations of mods. 

On a side note, is there a guide you'd recommend on how to parse the Player.log files?

Edited by Ayelmar