[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please do a short video showing the problem, I can't see anything wrong

I don't have any recording software. The problem is that the mods messes up the visual bit about the symmetry tool and that it disables a minimum symmetry count ex. Stock it is at 8.

6 minutes ago, LightBender said:

I don't have any recording software. The problem is that the mods messes up the visual bit about the symmetry tool and that it disables a minimum symmetry count ex. Stock it is at 8.

OBS is free, or even if you use a phone to record.

But, I'm wondering if you are getting the different symmetry modes mixed up.  Also, the mod is designed to change the symmetry count:

• X, Shift+X- Increase/Decrease symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
  • Alt+X- Reset symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
  • C, Shift+C- Increase/Decrease angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)
  • Alt+C- Reset angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

OBS is free, or even if you use a phone to record.

But, I'm wondering if you are getting the different symmetry modes mixed up.  Also, the mod is designed to change the symmetry count:

• X, Shift+X- Increase/Decrease symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
  • Alt+X- Reset symmetry level (Based on KSP's key map)
  • C, Shift+C- Increase/Decrease angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)
  • Alt+C- Reset angle snap (Based on KSP's key map)

Wait it is? Every time I've downloaded it it was still limited to 8. Also I know the keyboard shortcuts. I'm just gonna wait till a confirmed updated version of this mod is out.

Edited by LightBender

1 hour ago, LightBender said:

Wait it is? Every time I've downloaded it it was still limited to 8. Also I know the keyboard shortcuts. I'm just gonna wait till a confirmed updated version of this mod is out.

Ummm, there is an updated version for 1.4.1.  Make sure you have the right one, also, make sure you install all the dependencies

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 3.3.19.3

• Added code to dynamically assign Reflection offsets.  Hopefully this will eliminate the need to do manual changes in the future
  • Updated version to allow all 1.4.*

Praise the mighty developer!

Having an issue with latest release (3.3.19.3 on linux).  Button in editor is there non-functional.  Shortcut keys also not working.  Odd, because I have the button and similar mods are working (EER, transfer window planner etc).  I'm fiddling around trying to work it out. 

7 hours ago, Sandworm said:

Having an issue with latest release (3.3.19.3 on linux).  Button in editor is there non-functional.  Shortcut keys also not working.  Odd, because I have the button and similar mods are working (EER, transfer window planner etc).  I'm fiddling around trying to work it out. 

Log file

Hey, I'm having runtime errors/crashes to desktop and the apparent smoking gun is this mod, here's the steam console output: 

Loaded Config for Local Override Path for App ID 220200: /home/atg/.local/share/Steam//controller_base/empty.vdf
Controller 0 mapping uses xinput : false
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectsOfType (System.Type) <0x00062>
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectsOfType (System.Type) <0x00062>
 at UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectsOfType<object> () <0x00028>
 at EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.updateGizmoSnaps () <0x0004c>
 at EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.Update () <0x04b08>
 at (wrapper runtime-invoke) object.runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x0005e>

Native stacktrace:

/home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x92406) [0x7f35ad515406]
       /lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0x143df) [0x7f35b6f433df]
       /lib64/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x110) [0x7f35b602c3d0]
       /lib64/libc.so.6(abort+0x1c5) [0x7f35b602dfa5]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xa3e36b]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0xd153a) [0x7f35ad55453a]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x350bd) [0x7f35ad4b80bd]
       /lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0x143df) [0x7f35b6f433df]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0x4ff83e]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xa66f55]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xacc72d]
       [0x41102cf1]
       [0x40e116fe]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x39208) [0x7f35ad4bc208]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(mono_runtime_invoke+0x67) [0x7f35ad5b83f4]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0x9fe841]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xa69aed]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xa3beeb]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0x6263a1]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0x839be6]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0x4554fe]
       /lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xeb) [0x7f35b6016edb]
       /home/atg/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0x45eb68]

Debug info from gdb:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/atg/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
>>> Adding process 6772 for game ID 220200
>>> Adding process 6773 for game ID 220200
I refuse to debug myself!
No threads.

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries  
used by your application.
=================================================================

Game removed: AppID 220200 "", ProcID 4855  
OnFocusWindowChanged to window type: k_nGameIDControllerConfigs_Desktop, AppID 413080
Loaded Config for Local Override Path for App ID 413080: /home/atg/.local/share/Steam//controller_base/empty.vdf
saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf'
roaming config store 2 saved successfully

• 2 weeks later...

hey @linuxgurugamer :)

First of all, thank you for your amazing work on so many mods <3

Recently, i got this one and its working fine, but i got something like a visual issue. The window for the "Fine Adjustments" keeps flickering whenever itself or an other window is moved over the screen. Also the editor buttons "open" and "leave" are flickering.

I've recorded a short video and put it together with the KSP.log and output_log.txt in this dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nztay479cybvf1k/AABOn7Rr8L81Zz_2uBMEOKGya?dl=0

Some additional infos:

• KSP 1.4.2 (x64, Steam), same problem with version 1.4.1
  • Win10 x64

Mods(everything should be up-to-date) :

• 001_ToolbarControler 0.1.5.9
  • CapCom 2.8
  • ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.1
  • EditorExtensionsRedux 3.3.19.3
  • Haystack_ReContinued 0.5.4.2
  • KerbalAlarmClock 3.9.1.0
  • KerbalEngineer 1.1.4.8
  • KspCraftOrganizer 1.5.1
  • ManeuverNodeEvolved 4.0
  • RCSBuildAid 0.9.6.3
  • TrackingStationEvolved 3.0
  • TransferWindowPlanner 1.6.3.0
  • x-science 5.14

Any ideas if this is a bug in your mod or just an incompatibility with an other mod?

Hi, I have a weird issue in which the X and C keys work as if they are being pressed twice with each hit, and I also have two icons of the this mod in the stock toolbar. So, for instance, if the symmetry is at 1x, pressing X once means it's set to 3x instead of 2x. I'm using KSP 1.4.2 and Editor Extensions Redux 3.3.19.3

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sounds like you have two differnt DLLs installed.

Would be nice to see a log file so that I could help you

Yeah, it looks like something like that, but I deleted the EditorExtensionsRedux folder and copied the contents of the download again. Here's the log

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zq97e2b31rak313/KSP.7z

EDIT: Found it. I had a duplicated folder inside the Tweakscale folder, which probably got there by accident when I was updating mods/versions/trying to troubleshoot mods after an update/something like that. It's working fine now.

Edited by juanml82

• 4 weeks later...