[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, IntoSpaceAgain said:

That's really interesting. All the years I've used EEX and I had never noticed that behaviour before, probably because I normally use the hotkey and rarely need higher than 4-way symmetry. Thanks LGG, and sorry for making what turned out to be a false report.

Not a problem, it took me a few minutes to realize what was going on.

2 hours ago, glorsh66 said:

For some reason, It seems not to work in my case.
I started a new career game. I see a button "EEX"; but when I click on it, nothing happens.
Do I need to upgrade my hangar or something like that? Or is it a bug? 

Probably neither.  But, no logs, no support.

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, for some reason, using v3.4.3.5 on 1.12.2, whenever I first load into the editor after starting the game, none of the stock keyboard shortcuts (angle snap toggle, symmetry key, etc) work until I hit the "reset symmetry mode & angle snap keys" button. Feels like this is unintended behavior; is this a known issue?

9 minutes ago, Starseeker said:

Hmm, for some reason, using v3.4.3.5 on 1.12.2, whenever I first load into the editor after starting the game, none of the stock keyboard shortcuts (angle snap toggle, symmetry key, etc) work until I hit the "reset symmetry mode & angle snap keys" button. Feels like this is unintended behavior; is this a known issue?

Known problem, no idea what's happening, which is why I added that option

18 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm having an issue were the mod does nothing except having the icon in the toolbar. The icon also doesn't do anything either. 

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgrl6pwehyv4sf2/KSP.log?dl=0

Did you try the reset keys option?

You need to install ClickThroughBlocker

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Stupid question (for sure/very probably):
it is possible to set a 5x simmetry?
If yes, how???

I can kind-of-do-it by setting "angle snap" to 72° (360°/5), but obviously I have then to place part singulary. I would like to have the odd one in the simmetry selection......

2 hours ago, Araym said:

Stupid question (for sure/very probably):
it is possible to set a 5x simmetry?
If yes, how???

I can kind-of-do-it by setting "angle snap" to 72° (360°/5), but obviously I have then to place part singulary. I would like to have the odd one in the simmetry selection......

You can get 5x symmetry by using the hotkey (X by default).

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, margon said:

Stupid question Nº2 (for sure/very probably or already asked):

I noticed when you  move a part with the move tool in snap mode it relocate 0.200 units in the desired direction. Is it posible to fine tune that amount to 0.1 or 0.05 ?

check out

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, MR L A said:

Hey Linuxgurugamer!

Thanks for the help previously, only just seen your reply :)

I do have a feature request if I may be so bold...

A button to change the Fairing Expansion setting :) Its state isn't remember by the game unfortunately, and those of us with fairing-heavy builds (see https://kerbalx.com/The_Black_Badger/craft (not mine, but a darn good example)), its incredibly annoying having to turn all the fairings off again :D

I appreciate its a bit niche though :P

thanks!

Backing this. have began building with fairings heavily and this is the one thing i wish i had