[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually, it was wrong.

Seems I was looking at the wrong mod. :blush:
That'll teach me for doing 5 things at once...

Edited by steve_v

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Skylon said:

haven't downloaded yet, but is there a feature that would allow you to offset wings a tiny tiny amount to combat z-fighting? This could be an automatic thing. 

Disabling angle snap lets you move parts in the editor smoothly - lower your mouse sensitivity if you can. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I've been away from KSP for a few years now, really glad you picked this mod up from previous creator. I have one small problem with it, though. Whether I try to move parts to vertical/horizontal on a single part, or using the "master" parent part, the game doesn't seem to register V or H. All other hotkeys for this mod work, I've tried remapping to different input - still same. There is no tooltip either when I press V or H while hovering on part. From previous posts I can tell similar problems came from people thinking it was a toggle, like a while ago, so I tried doing it according to the manual. Still nothing :[

By the way, if it helps, here's the list of my installed mods on a clean KSP install, all curent from CKAN:

Chatterer
Collision FX
Distant Objects Enhancements
Easy Vessel Switch
EER
Janitor
Kerbal Attachment System
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Kerbal Inventory System
MechJeb2
Module Manager

Edit: It seems it somehow didn't like Janitor... I tried disabing mods one by one, and that was the only one that kept it from working properly for me... Weird.

Edited by M4ck
New data

• 2 weeks later...

So the other day X and C keys stopped working in the VAB.  I noticed when I was naming and saving a ship.  I noticed that when I was typing the name and description into the window it was still taking what I typed as commands in the VAB as I could the yellow resultant text popping up on the screen behind it.  This has never happened before, and only happened after I had installed this mod.  I've tried all kinds of keys to see if I can turn it back on but can't seem to find which one did it.  

Has any one else seen this or can offer any help?

39 minutes ago, Eugene Moreau said:

So the other day X and C keys stopped working in the VAB.  I noticed when I was naming and saving a ship.  I noticed that when I was typing the name and description into the window it was still taking what I typed as commands in the VAB as I could the yellow resultant text popping up on the screen behind it.  This has never happened before, and only happened after I had installed this mod.  I've tried all kinds of keys to see if I can turn it back on but can't seem to find which one did it.  

Did leaving/reentering or quitting/relaunching the game fix it? Can you repeat the error?

2 hours ago, Eugene Moreau said:

I had the exact same problem!  No idea what caused it, I've had this mod installed untouched for many months.  Go to the main menu -> settings -> controls, and I bet you'll find the keybindings for symmetry and angle snap are empty and unbound.  Put X and C back there, should be good to go.

5 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Did leaving/reentering or quitting/relaunching the game fix it? Can you repeat the error?

Didn't help.  Been that way for a week or so now.  It's stuck that way so I'm not sure if I can reproduce it.  

4 hours ago, fourfa said:

I had the exact same problem!  No idea what caused it, I've had this mod installed untouched for many months.  Go to the main menu -> settings -> controls, and I bet you'll find the keybindings for symmetry and angle snap are empty and unbound.  Put X and C back there, should be good to go.

That fixed it!  thank you never even thought of that.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have a brief question.  I use CKAN and have an addon version checker, and although CKAN regards editor extensions redux to be compatible with KSP 1.3 in the list of mods, and I've installed it, when the game loads it doesn't show up in the add on list, and also there is absolutely no sign of it in the SPH or VAB.  Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

As I cannot think about playing without this mod I did a quick fix. Did not notice any problems with KSP 1.3.1 afterwards.

Problem was that there is a version check that sets some variables which fails with the new version.

Modified dll for 1.3.1 (copy into GameData\EditorExtensionsRedux\Plugins of the 1.3.0 version): EDIT: took link down

What I did so somebody with a better reputation can verify my change as this is a new forum account:

Modified the check in EditorExtensionsRedux.Constants

From: if (Versioning.version_major == 1 && Versioning.version_minor == 3 && Versioning.Revision == 0)

To:      if (Versioning.version_major == 1 && Versioning.version_minor == 3 && Versioning.Revision == 1)

Edited by Lorgar

5 hours ago, medikohl said:

Took a stab at it, failed miserably

Yea so did I lol, it must be something in the .dll files because even the update checker .XML file appeared to do nothing. Oh well, let's just hope Linux updates his system and realises this won't work.

Gents, let's please show some patience and give lgg (avoiding pinging him on purpose) some time to do the rounds of the 100+ (!) mods he currently maintains. The 1.3.1 update made a tiny change that appears to affect a large number of those mods, so he's gonna need some time to retouch them.

In the meantime if we really cannot deal without a modded KSP for a few more days, we can still go back to 1.3.0.

I think it's always been a thing that Editor Extensions needs to be recompiled for every KSP version.  IIRC, it has to do with how the mod accesses structure fields using fixed byte offsets, because reflection info isn't available on all platforms.  (It was explained in the thread at some point.)  I'm sure linuxugurugamer is aware of this.

In this case it is just the internal version check that does not know 1.3.1.

Was able to build new ships with the modified version I posted above. Did not run in any problems that would require a complete recompile until now.

11 hours ago, Lorgar said:

Was able to build new ships with the modified version I posted above. Did not run in any problems that would require a complete recompile until now.

ditto

16 hours ago, Lorgar said:

As I cannot think about playing without this mod I did a quick fix. Did not notice any problems with KSP 1.3.1 afterwards.

Problem was that there is a version check that sets some variables which fails with the new version.

Modified dll for 1.3.1 (copy into GameData\EditorExtensionsRedux\Plugins of the 1.3.0

What I did so somebody with a better reputation can verify my change as this is a new forum account:

Modified the check in EditorExtensionsRedux.Constants

From: if (Versioning.version_major == 1 && Versioning.version_minor == 3 && Versioning.Revision == 0)

To:      if (Versioning.version_major == 1 && Versioning.version_minor == 3 && Versioning.Revision == 1)

PLEASE take this down.

This mod is very sensitive to internal changes in the game, more needs to be done than just the version number check

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, Lorgar said:

This dll is having some people report bugs to Squad.

I am aware of the problem, will get to it in a day or so.

Am rather busy IRL right now, please be patient