[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

Hey @linuxgurugamer, o/

would it be much work, to make the axis of the horizontal (master) snapping depending on the camera angle?
So either the N-S axis, if the camera looks in a direction from 45°-135° or 225°-315° 
or the W-E axis, if the camera is looking in a direction  from 135°-225° or 315°-45°.
I'm sure the game is not using cardinal directions for that, but I hope the idea is understandable. :)

Edit: Can it be, that master snapping only works with surface attached parts but not with node attached parts that got an offset?
Would be nice to be able to use it on node attached, but offset parts.

BR
Jebs_SY

Edited by Jebs_SY

10 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, o/

would it be much work, to make the axis of the horizontal (master) snapping depending on the camera angle?
So either the N-S axis, if the camera looks in a direction from 45°-135° or 225°-315° 
or the W-E axis, if the camera is looking in a direction  from 135°-225° or 315°-45°.
I'm sure the game is not using cardinal directions for that, but I hope the idea is understandable. :)

Edit: Can it be, that master snapping only works with surface attached parts but not with node attached parts that got an offset?
Would be nice to be able to use it on node attached, but offset parts.

BR
Jebs_SY

Unfortunately, yes, it wouldn't be simple.

I'm pretty sure that it won't work with node-attached parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Linuxgurugamer, thank you for updating this.  I've been watching and waiting for this.  I was afraid it might have been abandoned.  Squad/Take-Two/whatever, REALLY needs to replace the editors with this.  I use the Attachment Mode extensively

Edited by Apollo13

Hmm, after

I started KSP again, went to VAB and before loading the vessel just opened the EER settings, checked them but clicked on 'Close' and changed nothing.
After that I had to do the 'Clear Input Locks' and somehow I have the same behavior, no part highlighting in VAB anymore, no action group button clickable in AG editor.

And "only" this for about 20x in log after I clicked 'Close' in EER settings:

UIList: RemoveItem didn't find any item to remove.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

After I tried to use the AG editor I got this one once:

BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "VABmodern/VAB_interior_modern/ksp_pad_cylTank/obj_tank/LadderCollider"

(Filename:  Line: 0)

A new log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oece3ajnr8ktpoc/2018-03-15_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Now it's time to do a test without EER and CTB ...

Edit:

Confirmed, without both mods I got a part highlighter and can fiddle with action groups.

Edit:

see

Edited by Gordon Dry

New release, 3.3.18:

• Changed resize of settings window from just before ClickThroughBlocker.GUILayoutWindow to after to toolbar, to avoid confusing the ClickThroughBlocker

You will also need to install the latest version of the ClickThroughBlocker, now up to 0.1.5

@linuxgurugamer

Is the ability to move struts from either end been blocked? With EEX the struts when placed can only be moved from their origin and as a whole, you can't manipulate the ends independently when using the 'move tool', is there a hot key I'm not aware of?

Awesome mod, thank you for your work and all that you do for this community.

45 minutes ago, iSquared said:

@linuxgurugamer

Is the ability to move struts from either end been blocked? With EEX the struts when placed can only be moved from their origin and as a whole, you can't manipulate the ends independently when using the 'move tool', is there a hot key I'm not aware of?

The struts move from both ends in stock?

1 hour ago, iSquared said:

@linuxgurugamer

You can't do that in stock, either

29 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

The struts move from both ends in stock?

I think he means the move gizmo, I'm checking that now

And yes, in stock you can move each one with the gizmo.  Now testing with EEX

I see what he is talking about, the gizmo will only work on origin node of the struts when EEX is installed.

This is a holdover from a few years ago when stock didn't allow it either.  I'll just file it as an issue and get back to it later

New release, 3.3.19:

• Updated obsolete Linerenderer calls
  • Fixed NoOffsetLimit code to NOT activate when a compound part is being moved with the offset gizmo
28 minutes ago, iSquared said:

Cheers, thanks for looking into that!  

Just fixed it.  

Hey, I'm getting a rather annoying bug. When I add a new angle snap and hit save (which closes the window), click-through seems to still be applied. The editor locks up and I can't click anything,

New release, 3.3.19.1:

• Fixed issue when displaying autostruts, most got reset to Heaviest
  • Fixed issue when setting AS to grandparent, was setting to Heaviest
1 hour ago, prgmTrouble said:

Bug: The autostrut feature "AS Grandparent" sets parts created via symmetry (both radial and mirrored) to "Heaviest"

Using mod version 3.3.19 and game version 1.4.1

P.S. Is this the correct place to report bugs?

Next time at least ping me, or open an issue on Github.

For now, it's fixed

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 3.3.19.1:

• Fixed issue when displaying autostruts, most got reset to Heaviest
  • Fixed issue when setting AS to grandparent, was setting to Heaviest

Next time at least ping me, or open an issue on Github.

For now, it's fixed

Thanks! I'll remember that next time (hopefully)! 

I don't usually post twice but no one even acknowledged my last ;.;

I'm getting a game breaking bug with Editor Extension in 1.4 that I'm assuming is tied to click-through blocker. If I add or remove a custom angle snap, the editor locks up upon closing the window via either "save" or "close", and the only way to fix this is rebooting the game. I don't know if this is a known bug or not, and seeing as people should only run into it once or twice while the set up angle snaps for the first time it probably isn't that important to address. I thought I ought to let you know though. It happens in a stock game + Editor Extensions + Click-through.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I don't usually post twice but no one even acknowledged my last ;.;

I'm getting a game breaking bug with Editor Extension in 1.4 that I'm assuming is tied to click-through blocker. If I add or remove a custom angle snap, the editor locks up upon closing the window via either "save" or "close", and the only way to fix this is rebooting the game. I don't know if this is a known bug or not, and seeing as people should only run into it once or twice while the set up angle snaps for the first time it probably isn't that important to address. I thought I ought to let you know though. It happens in a stock game + Editor Extensions + Click-through.

Update the Click-through blocker and the toolbarcontroller.

If it happens again, send me a log file

11 hours ago, LightBender said:

Hey does anyone have the problem of the symmetry tool not working?

That's not helpful.  It works for me, so I need more info, and a log file

31 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

The display for the symmetry and the snap are definitely not working.

For both of you, it sounds  like you are missing one or both of the new dependency dependencies.  I can't say any more without log files

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

For both of you, it sounds  like you are missing one or both of the new dependencies.  I can't say any more without log files

ok, I was missing the click through blocker, but what is the other dependency?