[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

You should head over to the name change thread. "Minorjim" (no exclamation mark even) for you!

Pah! I should add more exclamation marks!!!

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

The worst part is EE doesn't warn the user that it may not work.

Well mine does, it even pops up with a link to the thread here!

Not here to complain, I'm sure EEX will be fixed in good time.  However - it seems that with EEX installed and broken, the editor scenes in SPH/VAB don't respond to X and C commands, which makes even stock-style building very tedious.  Is it as simple as uninstalling EEX?

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

I knew I shoulda added the </sarcasm> tag at the end there :D

Definitely. Hang your head in shame at your inability to communicate sarcasm. :)

Just now, fourfa said:

Not here to complain, I'm sure EEX will be fixed in good time.  However - it seems that with EEX installed and broken, the editor scenes in SPH/VAB don't respond to X and C commands, which makes even stock-style building very tedious.  Is it as simple as uninstalling EEX?

I noticed this too but most likely its a conflict with EER.

23 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Definitely. Hang your head in shame at your inability to communicate sarcasm. :)

I noticed this too but most likely its a conflict with EER.

That shouldn't be, if it's the wrong version, EEXR will just not do anything.  Do you have anything else installed?

52 minutes ago, fourfa said:

I had the same problem to, and also in the past, when eex is installed but not working because of the version problem, then the keybindings X and C are not working. After removing the EEX folder from gamedata, keybindings are working fine again.

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Strange, but whatever.

I just released 3.3.10.1 for 1.2.2

@linuxgurugamer wonderful for the fast update. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

I wonder if squad knows that 1.2.1 screwed the entire modding industry, and then released 1.2.2 right when people were starting to release stuff. Seriously.

If you play modded, then you should know to make a copy of your install, since Steam forces the updates! That just how it is. Modder are patching their mods, Squad is patching their game and the cycle goes on and on.... But make a copy a plays that, so that you can calmly migrate to the next version when mod are updated sufficiently to continue on new install.

7 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

If you play modded, then you should know to make a copy of your install, since Steam forces the updates! That just how it is. Modder are patching their mods, Squad is patching their game and the cycle goes on and on.... But make a copy a plays that, so that you can calmly migrate to the next version when mod are updated sufficiently to continue on new install.

Nonono its not about me and my install. I have a backup. It's just frustrating that they do this to the community without considering the effect it will have on those making mods. I've been working on a weapons pack for BDArmory, and the new patch may break it, I just don't know yet. Even if it doesn't, this kind of release pattern is conducive to modding from my perspective.

24 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

I wonder if squad knows that 1.2.1 screwed the entire modding industry, and then released 1.2.2 right when people were starting to release stuff. Seriously.

Actually they did say that 1.2.2 would have minimal impact to modders.  In this specific case, EEXR checks for the version of code running and just refuses to run on a release which hasn't been vetted.  This is due to some reflection code which is used and needs to run on Linux and OSX as well as Windows.

2 hours ago, spirit said:

The horizontal and vertical snap 'V' and 'H' are not working in 1.2.2 Is this only with my install or has anyone else this too?

And do you have the updated version of EEXR?

It's been a few KSP releases now since the "InputLock" bug surfaced in this and other mods (i.e. since your workaround stopped working).

I find it hard to accept Squad has gone this long without giving modders a way to avoid capturing keystrokes entered into other fields (e.g. part search, craft title, etc. textboxes)

Is there an official issue open on the bugtracker?

Does this help at all?  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151312-preventing-keystroke-fallthrough-on-text-field-usage-between-different-modsinputlockmanager/

Whether it's a Squad-issue or something modders need to do differently, I'd really love to see this annoying problem fixed.

50 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I learned that today :-)

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually they did say that 1.2.2 would have minimal impact to modders.  In this specific case, EEXR checks for the version of code running and just refuses to run on a release which hasn't been vetted.  This is due to some reflection code which is used and needs to run on Linux and OSX as well as Windows.

And do you have the updated version of EEXR?

Yes, Editor_Extensions_Redux-3.3.10.1 installed

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please post a log file.

I'll look into this when I get home in a few hours

Sorry that i have to say this, but i have no idea how to create a log file, and a log file where i am trying to type the 'V' and 'H' keys in the VAB:blush:

I am returned to version 1.2.1 and then everything works just perfect :-)