[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

14 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I'm on it.

However, my vessels are quivering when they are near the Karman Line, and I never saw that before. The parts "flickers" and "tremble", and it appears to affect the face's normals on rendering.

I'm trying to figure out if my change is related, if it's a colateral effect from Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, or it's something new and completely unrelated with this! :) 

EEX is only active in the Editor (ie;  Editor Extensions), so it's not this mod.  

Please define what you are referring to as the Karman line, since it is not necessarily 70km.  Also, a video might be useful

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

EEX is only active in the Editor (ie;  Editor Extensions), so it's not this mod.  

I was thinking on collateral effects - something that should not have a autoStrutMode set , even to off. However, I just used EEX to autostrut everything to Grandparent, and the texture flickering persisted - while the parts didn't trembled.

So, yeah. EEX appears to be unrelated, and I'm facing something new. I will post a video by night, I found more people talking about it and this will be interesting to fix.

— EDIT — 

It's not related to the altitude. It's related about acceleration and speed. I got the quivering/flickering effect on high atmosphere by doing a low slope ascent. The magical speed appears to be ~1600m/s (+/- 100), and only under >2G acceleration. This is going to be interesting! :) 

Edited by Lisias
new info

• 2 weeks later...

Feature request:

• add button or keypress to horizontally center the craft in the VAB
  • technically this would move the root part to a position directly above the exact center of the circle on the floor in the VAB
  • do not change the height of the root part above the floor (the vertical component of the root part's location) 

P.S. The VAB editor spawns the first part of any craft at it's center. I don't understand why a simple means of re-centering (horizontally) the craft wasn't a built-in part of the game. There are too many ways to accidentally move your root part out of position. Thus your craft isn't centered when on the pad.

Edited by Teslamax
reiterate precise desired outcome

13 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Huh! You mismatched Filter Extensions with Editor Extensions ... :sticktongue:

I think he just posted in the wrong thread.  I see a new release on the github for filter extensions.  For someone with like 100+ mods to maintain, its bound to happen every now and then. 

14 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I think he just posted in the wrong thread.  I see a new release on the github for filter extensions.  For someone with like 100+ mods to maintain, its bound to happen every now and then. 

I'll second @eberkain as can be checked by looking at the release info on GitHub for both of these @linuxgurugamer mods.

Filter Extensions is version 3.2.2.4 released yesterday.  Editor Extensions is still version 3.3.19.7 released 16 days ago.

Edited by Jacke

On 9/24/2018 at 9:16 AM, Thygrrr said:

Hey, is there a way to change the "position" snapping when using the position tool (both local and absolute?)

I'd like it to be at least half, if not a quarter of what it currenntly is.

It seems to be dependent on the sngle snap.  Try changing that, I usually turn off the angle snap when adjusting the position

Holding Shift cuts it in half, but a quarter would be so much better.

Angle snap turns it in or off, but the angle snap amount doesn't do anything for translation - only when rotating things.

I'll try to glimpse the code and maybe provide a PR, though I know next to nothing about KSP modding (but am experienced with Unity)

Yeah. In every part of the craft you have the option to toggle between "autostrut:none, heaviest, root, grandparent". But in legs and wheels you see "Autostrut: heaviest (locked)" and can't change it. That makes vehicles like this one impossible without use of the select few parts that bypass the autostrut. (currently, the complete list of parts that allow that is 1. Lynx hitch, 2. Lynx flexible tunnel, and the new 3. trailer hitches from the beta version of KAS.)

Had I used the classic stock hinges based on Spider engines, the above would never work, being completely rigid as every wheel would be autostrutted to heaviest without any chance to move it respective to other parts.

Edited by Sharpy

On 10/4/2018 at 10:49 AM, Sharpy said:

Can I request a feature?

Would it be possible to add re-enabling autostrut toggles (i.e. make it possible to switch autostruts off) on wheels or landing legs?

I'll have to look at it, I don't think that EEx does anything special with autostruts for specific types of parts

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll have to look at it, I don't think that EEx does anything special with autostruts for specific types of parts

Yeah - that's why 'feature request', not a bug report or such. The feature would allow breaking another built-in editor restriction (the forced autostrut) - akin to surface-attaching node-attach-only parts, so I think EEX is the perfect mod to host it.

Thanks!