[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

24 minutes ago, Moofrog said:

@linuxgurugamer FYI new version throws an null reference exception when adding new parts dunno what those two commands do actually but you should know

[EXC 15:43:04.813] NullReferenceException
    EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.MoveParts ()
    EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.Update ()

Do you mind to upload a full log and specify which part you try to add? Is it a mod or stock part? Does it happen on every part?
Just by adding and moving a part, the issue is not replicable for me.
edit: Oh, and which KSP version do you play?

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Do you mind to upload a full log and specify which part you try to add? Is it a mod or stock part? Does it happen on every part?
Just by adding and moving a part, the issue is not replicable for me.
edit: Oh, and which KSP version do you play?

Sorry for leaving out that info  earlier. I was a bit lazy. I play KSP 1.5.1 modded. And maybe its a mod conflict or faulty install. I'll check it out later. Atleast removing Editor Extension solved the issue. The first time it occured for me I believe was when placing that Mechjeb Probe Core Part.

Will appendix full log later. Cheers.

Edited by Moofrog

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, glarfll said:

I installed this mod on ksp 1.5.1, there is no indicator on what angle snapping mode I'm in, and the editor extensions button is not working. Is the mod not updated yet, or am I doing something wrong?

Install the dependencies Click-Through Blocker (link in OP) and Toolbar Controller, they're pretty much essentials for anything LinuxGuruGamer is maintaining and should solve your problems. If it doesn't, we'll need the usual trouble-shooting info from you; check the guidance post on receiving support for instructions.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm waiting patiently to play 1.6, especially to get some perfectly placed rover wheels on the new pod, but for that, EER is required.  I hope that this mod is in the process of being updated, and wonder if there is any help that can be offered.  Do you have a Patreon?  KSP without EER is just so limited, without the methods to make amazing designs with perfectly placed parts.  Thanks for keeping the mod up to date for previous versions of KSP, and I hope that it gets at least one more update, as 1.6 fixes the horrible part attachment lag that made 1.5 so frustrating.  The devs of this mod are greatly appreciated, and I probably would have stopped playing KSP if this mod hadn't been updated all along, and the day I quit KSP will probably be the day I hear this mod won't support the latest version of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, running 1.6 with 3.3.19.10 of EER and at first it worked OK, then I noticed that in the editor it seems half way between stock and EER functions, and 'C' and 'X' keys don't work. The angle snaps, while visually looking like EER, behave as stock, ie 1, 2,3,4,6,8 rather than the full symmetry etc. At first I thought it was just a mixup and went with it, hoping it would be fixed next next time I ran KSP, but it was still there.

I've tried uninstalling, cleaning out any spurious files in the mod folder, then re-installing but still the same result. Is there a mod clash I'm missing?

I have a few mods running, mainly MKS and TAC life support. Here's the full list, and yes, installed via CKAN.

hwYyDm4.jpg

Edited by Patupi

38 minutes ago, Patupi said:

and 'C' and 'X' keys don't work

That's a known issue and exactly the reason why there is a button in the mod settings to reset the key bindings:

QnzGKyA.png

(alternative, you can rebind the keys in the game settings)

38 minutes ago, Patupi said:

The angle snaps, while visually looking like EER, behave as stock, ie 1, 2,3,4,6,8 rather than the full symmetry etc.

This one is curious though...everything works fine while using the hotkeys but not by clicking on the symbols. So basically the solution for the first issue kinda solves this one as well, depends on if you need to 'click' option though...

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Actually clicking the symbols for symmetry and angle snap size both still work, though the short cut keys don't. I will try the key rebind though. Didn't notice that. Thanks.

EDIT: And that worked. Not only fixed the key shortcuts but also the symmetry/angle snap values. Thanks.

Edited by Patupi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick note,  the download link on the KSP AVC still  points at a former popular download portal  rather than a valid download  location.  https://K------stuff.com/mod/1342/EditorExtensionsRedux/download

edit to sort out insane censor

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)