[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

28 minutes ago, Torih said:

@linuxgurugamer Not sure if you missed it but I've already added a log file from it a few posts back.

This is on Win7, mod 3.0.1, 64bit. I've removed this mod since then and not had a single crash.

I see it, thanks.

Can you give me any more details as to the ship you were editing, and what you were doing before the crash?  EEX doesn't do anything which should be causing that.

If you could download the beta I listed a few posts back and try it again, I'd appreciate it.  That beta has additional debuggin statements installed.

Thanks

LGG

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see it, thanks.

Can you give me any more details as to the ship you were editing, and what you were doing before the crash?  EEX doesn't do anything which should be causing that.

If you could download the beta I listed a few posts back and try it again, I'd appreciate it.  That beta has additional debuggin statements installed.

Thanks

LGG

I'll install that beta version and see if I can get it to happen again.

As for the ship, it was just a basic rocket with mostly stock, procedural tanks and KW engine of some sort. I was adding radial decouplers for a couple of boosters when it crashed. On another similar ship I was removing a stock engine. Don't have the craft files unfortunately. Don't remember much about the other couple of times it happened, aside from I was moving a part to a ship or deleting it.

I've got quite a lot of mods game so entirely possible its not EEX causing it, just noticed it was the last thing in the log and has been fine since removing.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have this working under Linux now, please download the beta and try it out:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EditorExtensionsRedux/releases/tag/3.2.1.10-beta

Thanks

Can you please provide the following information:

OS (windows, linux or osx)
Version of the mod
whether 32 or 64 bit

Re logs, you may be looking at the wrong log file.  The correct log files are:

Windows:   KSPDIR/KSP_x64_Data/output_log.txt

Linux (and probably OSX as well): HOMEDIR/.config/unitry3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Thanks

Will do, once I see another crash.  But I have to work today and so cannot play KSP.  For now, I can say it was 64-bit ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

-Sandworm

1 hour ago, Torih said:

I'll install that beta version and see if I can get it to happen again.

As for the ship, it was just a basic rocket with mostly stock, procedural tanks and KW engine of some sort. I was adding radial decouplers for a couple of boosters when it crashed. On another similar ship I was removing a stock engine. Don't have the craft files unfortunately. Don't remember much about the other couple of times it happened, aside from I was moving a part to a ship or deleting it.

I've got quite a lot of mods game so entirely possible its not EEX causing it, just noticed it was the last thing in the log and has been fine since removing.

I just fixed a small noisy error, please make sure you downloaded the EditorExtensRedux-3.2.1.10a-beta.zip file

So I spent a long time removing and adding parts without much happening. 

Noticed the mention of the Maverick engine so just tried again and had a crash pretty fast with one on a rocket I had prebuilt with proc tanks so made a stock Rocket with:

RC-015 Control

FL-T400

Maverick 1D

Had 3 crashes within a few minutes. Either taking the maverick off and deleting other parts (was using radial clamp) or using 2 mavericks (had one floating in the background and bringing another onto the ship).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logVAB2.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logVAB3.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logVAB4.txt

So no idea if it is EEX but hope you can see something.

Edit: This is with the latest build you posted. And KW 3.0.1

Edited by Torih

29 minutes ago, Torih said:

@linuxgurugamer OK pretty sure Its not EEX :) just made a new fresh install of KSP with only KW and got the crash with the maverick. Log in the other thread.

Thank you for tracking this down.

What is the link for the Maverick?

Is that the Maverick from KW?  If so, are you running the new KW Rocketry Redux version? (I do KW as well)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you for tracking this down.

What is the link for the Maverick?

Is that the Maverick from KW?  If so, are you running the new KW Rocketry Redux version? (I do KW as well)

I know :p, That's what I meant about the other thread. Yes its from KW.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have this working under Linux now, please download the beta and try it out:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EditorExtensionsRedux/releases/tag/3.2.1.10-beta

Thanks

You sir are a saint and a genius, it does indeed work. How did you do it, I thought the reflection calls were not exposed?

Note: 3.2.1.10a is seen by MiniAVC as earlier than 3.2.1.8

Edited by selfish_meme

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

You sir are a saint and a genius, it does indeed work. How did you do it, I thought the reflection calls were not exposed?

Note: 3.2.1.10a is seen by MiniAVC as earlier than 3.2.1.8

Thank you.

Ignore the MiniAVC, I haven't yet updated the web site it checks

Feature question/request: Any chance of having it so that for angle snap we could directly select a snap angle instead of cycling consecutively through each one?

I find myself keeping a smaller list of angles compared to default (15, 22.5, 30, 45, 60, and 90), but I sometimes want/use other angles, but leaving them in makes it a chore to cycle through the list to using the one I want at the moment. I wouldn't really mind even something like a list window with angle buttons on it. (I'd just move it over near to the stock angle snap button.)

11 hours ago, J.Random said:

Could you please keep StripSymmetry as separate dll, or at least provide a separate download?

Why?  It doesn't do anything if you don't use it.

Sometime in the future I'll probably add an option to disable it, but the size of the code is minimal and it goes with the rest of the editor

--------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE:  KSP 1.1.1 was just released, I had to release an update of EEx, the old version would not work.  CKAN is still downloading the old version, until it updates, please download the latest (version 3.2.3) directly from spacedock or github.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why?  It doesn't do anything if you don't use it.

Sometime in the future I'll probably add an option to disable it, but the size of the code is minimal and it goes with the rest of the editor

For exactly the opposite reason (sorry): I don't need the rest of the editor, installing it would be like using Photoshop ProEnterpriseUltraDaVinciEdition where mspaint would do.

3 minutes ago, J.Random said:

For exactly the opposite reason (sorry): I don't need the rest of the editor, installing it would be like using Photoshop ProEnterpriseUltraDaVinciEdition where mspaint would do.

I'm shutting down for the week, I'll be back online on Sunday.  I understand what you want.  I'm not sure if it's doable right now, but I'll take a look on Sunday to see what I can do.

The whole EEX isn't really that big, if you don't want the rest working, either don't use it or change the config to keycodes which are meaningless

1 minute ago, Torih said:

Thanks for the quick update, its already up on ckan :)

Oh and you may want to update the thread title, still says ver 3.0.1 and doesn't mention ksp 1.1.1 :wink:

done, thanks

Thanks for the quick update, but ExceptionDetector is still showing EER as having exceptions, happening just after loading into VAB/SPH and happening after leaving 

I just tested using only EER and ED as the only two mods, continually getting this exception upon entering the VAB:

VLcz2Pd.png

From output_log:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.SelectRoot2.SelectRoot2Behaviour.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

And this exception upon exiting it (ie, just before launch)

QLMGGtz.png

From output_log:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.SelectRoot2.SelectRoot2Behaviour+<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<InjectEvent>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EditorExtensionsRedux.SelectRoot2.SelectRoot2Behaviour/CleanupFn:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EditorExtensionsRedux.SelectRoot2.SelectRoot2Behaviour/CleanupFn:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.SelectRoot2.SelectRoot2Behaviour.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edited by Chimichanga
added logs

Hello

One little problem i think you forget to pack 3.2.3 & set on release github page aka on https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EditorExtensionsRedux/releases is only 3.2.2 (EditorExtensionsRedux-3.2.2.zip)

on Spacedock it apear like: "Outdated Mod / This mod is not known to work with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program. Proceed with caution."  no mater on change log it is: "Version 3.2.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1 / Released on 2016-04-29 / Updated for 1.1.1" personaly i was not check zip file from spacedock yet

Cheers