[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, flart said:

Sometimes I have these key bindings reseted to None, never knew why. Are you sure it is EER?

Yes, because it always happens with a new career when using EER and the generic key bindings are inside the main settings.cfg and are not affected.

So I'm having a small problem I was trying to build a rocket and on one stage i need to radially attach some engines around a already radially attached part, and now it seems like everything is radially attaching around individual parts rather than around the vessel a a whole is there any way to fix this. Another bug is that certain levels of symettry, if you close out the game and open it again, lose their grouping so if you want to delete a stage you have to delete each side of that stage one at a time.

2 hours ago, ssamster said:

and now it seems like everything is radially attaching around individual parts rather than around the vessel a a whole is there any way to fix this

That's a stock editor function. There should be a "Parent/Vessel" button to the right of the part list, below the place/move/rotate/reroot toolbar.

2 hours ago, ssamster said:

Another bug is that certain levels of symettry, if you close out the game and open it again, lose their grouping

Which levels of symmetry? I haven't noticed anything in this regard. It only happens when Editor Extensions is installed?

Edited by HansAcker

On 11/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, HansAcker said:

That's a stock editor function. There should be a "Parent/Vessel" button to the right of the part list, below the place/move/rotate/reroot toolbar.

tried that it did nothing

On 11/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, HansAcker said:

Which levels of symmetry? I haven't noticed anything in this regard. It only happens when Editor Extensions is installed?

oops turns out what happened was i used strip symettry on a child part and it deleted all the symmetry for all parent parts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

I found an (probably not so-much-important) issue with this mod: with any but 1R symmetry active, I was unable to attach anything to both nodes (top and bottom) of Dr. Jet's Chop Shop's Small Inline Chute. With and without pressing <Mod> key (which usually helps). I could place that chute, but attaching say an antenna on top of it: no way, KSP gave me just kind of a double click sound and that's all. Quite odd...

Not a biggie anyway as I already found a workaround, just thought to let you know.

29 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

I found an (probably not so-much-important) issue with this mod: with any but 1R symmetry active, I was unable to attach anything to both nodes (top and bottom) of Dr. Jet's Chop Shop's Small Inline Chute. With and without pressing <Mod> key (which usually helps). I could place that chute, but attaching say an antenna on top of it: no way, KSP gave me just kind of a double click sound and that's all. Quite odd...

Not a biggie anyway as I already found a workaround, just thought to let you know.

If it's specific to that part, there may be an issue with the part.  I'd have to look at it, and I'm rather busy right now with my bug hunt of game-crashing bugs.

Note that Dr. Jet's Chop Shop is not listed as being 1.8 compatible, I'm going to take 5 minutes to look at it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Note that Dr. Jet's Chop Shop is not listed as being 1.8 compatible

I'm well aware of this :) 

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

there may be an issue with the part

Quite possible, yes.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm rather busy right now

Yeah, big bug hunt, you mentioned earlier. As I said: 

41 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

probably not so-much-important

I just found it pretty odd and thought to let you know, that's all :) 

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

I'm well aware of this :) 

Quite possible, yes.

Yeah, big bug hunt, you mentioned earlier. As I said: 

I just found it pretty odd and thought to let you know, that's all :) 

Sorry.  I looked at the config and didn't see anything obvious.  May be something in the model, will look at that later

Try removing the following line from inline.cfg:

stackSymmetry = 1

Edited by linuxgurugamer

12 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

I've been trying to replicate this issue, and can't.  Can you either post a video or a series of pics showing what's happening?

Also, see my post right above, if there is a symmetry issue that might be the cause

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try removing the following line from inline.cfg:

stackSymmetry = 1

Ha! That did it! I'd probably never had found that, thank you! :) 

Btw, the reason I'm using that mod: I was on the hunt for small parts, and while RLA reborn has many of them, I doesn't have an inline chute. For some missions I can't place a chute on top of the rocket (say you need to bring a rocket with specific parts into orbit and recover its core), an inline chute is the perfect solution for that.

I'm still looking for a smaller version of the Mk2-R chute, that one is way too big for RLA Reborn parts or the SSR Micro Sat parts. And no, I don't want to go for procedural parts (Tweakscale and the like), for one, that's cheating for me, and they also can cause issues.

Edited by VoidSquid

On 12/8/2019 at 2:18 AM, VoidSquid said:

Btw, the reason I'm using that mod: I was on the hunt for small parts, and while RLA reborn has many of them, I doesn't have an inline chute. For some missions I can't place a chute on top of the rocket (say you need to bring a rocket with specific parts into orbit and recover its core), an inline chute is the perfect solution for that.

I'm still looking for a smaller version of the Mk2-R chute, that one is way too big for RLA Reborn parts or the SSR Micro Sat parts. And no, I don't want to go for procedural parts (Tweakscale and the like), for one, that's cheating for me, and they also can cause issues.

Linuxgurugamer maintains a mod called NovaPunch Rebalanced which has inline chutes 

and for bigger loads, Inline balutes, which is great! (byw linux, CKAN still has the old thread link)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this mod is supposed to not work in 1.9.1 fully or not, but... the X and C hotkeys are nonfunctional (have to use the mouse), and in the SPH I can only choose between 15 degrees and no angle snap.  Is this expected // I should wait for an update to support 1.9.1 directly, or is this something that needs fixing?

27 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

I'm not sure if this mod is supposed to not work in 1.9.1 fully or not, but... the X and C hotkeys are nonfunctional (have to use the mouse), and in the SPH I can only choose between 15 degrees and no angle snap.  Is this expected // I should wait for an update to support 1.9.1 directly, or is this something that needs fixing?

Did you click on the button to reset the symmetry and angle keys?

On 3/23/2020 at 10:13 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Nope, stock KSP allows to re-root "ghost" assemblies.

@SteveD80 As far as I know, this is a known issue but easy to work around by enabling the stock re-root tool in the EEX settings, at least while re-rooting the non-attached assembly :)

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...