[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

Looks like in 1569, NoOffsetLimits is not being applied?  The max offset is very small, and slightly larger while holding down Shift, which seems like stock behavior.  To reproduce: build a ship with two parts and try to drag one

Using 1576 and 3.2.19, also back to at least 1553 and 3.2.17, the offset tool in local offset mode isn't rotated to match the part's rotation. The movement snap grid is centered on the part in local mode as normal, just the rotation of the offset tool is the same as absolute. Rotate tool is working as intended in local mode.

10 hours ago, Rodger said:

Using 1576 and 3.2.19, also back to at least 1553 and 3.2.17, the offset tool in local offset mode isn't rotated to match the part's rotation. The movement snap grid is centered on the part in local mode as normal, just the rotation of the offset tool is the same as absolute. Rotate tool is working as intended in local mode.

Can you post a picture, please?

10 hours ago, Rodger said:

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what Stock does.  I just removed EEX and tested, had the same behaviour

One of the things that stock can do is to reroot shadow part assemblies. 

I'm adding a way to disable the EEX reroot functionality in the settings, but I'd also like to have a keystoke toggle.

I can't use R for a default, since that is already used by the symmetry toggle.  For now I'm using K, but would like to see any other suggestions  

New release:

This is updated for 1576

It also now includes an option to disable the reroot functionality, and a new toggle using (for now) the letter K, to temporarily toggle the reroot functionality on and off.  this will allow you to be able to reroot shadow part assemblies

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EditorExtensionsRedux/releases/tag/3.3.0

On 5/29/2016 at 1:35 PM, swjr-swis said:

I noticed that the one-click functionality interferes with the recent stock ability to also reroot floating subassemblies (transparent sets of parts disconnected from the main craft and set aside while editing). It simply refuses to do anything with floating sections.

Would it be very difficult to add that ability to SelectRoot? If not, at least make it not interfere or revert to stock behaviour when I try reroot a floating subassembly. I would prefer the awkward stock two clicks than it not working at all, I encounter this issue surprisingly often.

@swjr-swis I've been thinking about this post for a while, and finally was able to implement a fix.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you post a picture, please?

PYOoV2s.png

Maybe it is a new stock feature, but in this case the move tool gizmo would normally be rotated to align with the active part in local offset mode.

40 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Maybe it is a new stock feature, but in this case the move tool gizmo would normally be rotated to align with the active part in local offset mode.

So when you press F to toggle the mode the axes don't align with the part?

Edited by blowfish

1 minute ago, Rodger said:

Just tried it in stock:

rIG2lzG.png

I placed command pod, attached solar panel, selected move tool, clicked on solar panel, then pressed F to change to Offset: Local.

Strange, when I tried it, it didn't work that way.

I'll try again using those parts

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Strange, when I tried it, it didn't work that way.

I'll try again using those parts

I've confirmed the stock behaviour.

and confirmed that it isn't working properly in EEX.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get it fixed, but not tonite