[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I'm running Ubuntu 15.10, it works fine in my 1.05 install, just not in 1.1.

Keep in mind that the 1.1 mod will not work properly if at all in a 1.0.5 install.

Did you file/update the bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com?

Build 9730 Linux 64bit still no NoOffsetLimits

I have updated your bug report with a log and additional information, I found Firespitter was also throwing a system.reflection error

Heres some system details

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4)
RAM: 7935
GPU: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2 (1280MB)
SM: 30 (OpenGL 4.5 [4.5.0 NVIDIA 352.63])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I have updated your bug report with a log and additional information, I found Firespitter was also throwing a system.reflection error

RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

(deleted bad info)

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I found the problem, it's a KSP bug.  You need to look at the Player.log, not KSP.log to see the error.  The Player.log is located at:  

~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

and here is the significant info:

The following assembly referenced from /home/jbb/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/EditorExtensionsRedux/EditorExtensionsRedux.dll could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   KSPUtil    (assemblyref_index=3)
     Version:    0.0.0.0
     Public Key: (none)
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/jbb/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/EditorExtensionsRedux/).

If you could add your report to a new bug report:  # 8793, that would be good, since this new report is more accurate.

Thanks

Is that the OSX bug because I don't get that error on Linux

24 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Good news everybody!

EEX is working on my el capitan OS X 64bit! not sure why, downloaded the newest version.

Please test all the functionality of it

37 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Good news everybody!

EEX is working on my el capitan OS X 64bit! not sure why, downloaded the newest version.

Just so you know, I've been able to replicate the problem on Linux.  Thanks for doing the OSX stuff

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please test all the functionality of it

Just so you know, I've been able to replicate the problem on Linux.  Thanks for doing the OSX stuff

Well NoOffsetLimits work on my OSX I can verify that. Also Select Root. It all seems to work.

Edited by selfish_meme

Thx @linuxgurugamer for improving and updating the mods.

I have an issue with selectRoot and the docking ports

KSPver: 1.1.0.1203 KSP_64x.exe Windows 10 64bit

1) attach a docking port to another part.

2) select Root and try to switch to the docking port as new root part.

Result: There is neither highlighting nor can you select the docking port as new root part. Further you cannot select a part as new root which is "beyond" the docking port.

In stock it's possible to select the docking ports as root part.

I'm running other mods, if you cannot reproduce the bug, I'll test what's going on. If needed I'll provide the logfile.

edit: same for fairings

Edited by funk

Already reported I'm sure, here's the log snippets anyway.
NoOffsetLimits:

EditorExtensions: Start

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Exception: No such field: EditorLogic#st_offset_tweak
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.Refl.GetField (System.Object obj, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.Refl.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.NoOffsetBehaviour.FreeOffsetBehaviour.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

SelectRoot2:

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Exception: No such field: EditorLogic#st_root_select
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.Refl.GetField (System.Object obj, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.Refl.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.SelectRoot2.SelectRoot2Behaviour.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Neither of these components are working for me, though the rest of the plugin does.

EEX 3.2.1.9
Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1230 (LinuxPlayer)
Debian GNU/Linux 8.4

Anyone else have a CTD from Editor Extensions? I'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing it so I can give a useful report, but basically it's a CTD in the VAB/SPH when interacting with a part (generally picking up or deleting). I'll try pure stock w/ just Editor Extensions and check it like that, but it may also be a mod interaction..

On 4/10/2016 at 1:48 AM, selfish_meme said:

I realize this is a bit old, but can you test EEX on Linux again, both in 32 bit and 34 bit mode?

Thanks

On 21 April 2016 at 0:42 PM, selfish_meme said:

Build 1230, EEX 3.2.1.9 still no NoOffsetLimits for Linux, just letting you know, only mod installed.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I realize this is a bit old, but can you test EEX on Linux again, both in 32 bit and 34 bit mode?

Thanks

I did test the latest version on 64Bit, will test 32bit when I get a chance

16 hours ago, troyfawkes said:

Anyone else have a CTD from Editor Extensions? I'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing it so I can give a useful report, but basically it's a CTD in the VAB/SPH when interacting with a part (generally picking up or deleting). I'll try pure stock w/ just Editor Extensions and check it like that, but it may also be a mod interaction..

I'm seeing something similar.  Random crashes usually when deleting a part.   No errors in any logs.  The only reason I suspect EER is that it only occurs in the VAB when touching parts.  removing EER seems to fix the issue, but I cannot be sure without more testing.

On 4/24/2016 at 3:22 AM, Sandworm said:

I'm seeing something similar.  Random crashes usually when deleting a part.   No errors in any logs.  The only reason I suspect EER is that it only occurs in the VAB when touching parts.  removing EER seems to fix the issue, but I cannot be sure without more testing.

Yeah this exactly, no errors, not even a crash log. The other thing is it doesn't occur on stock only + EER, but the moment I re-add EER to my modded install I consistently CTD in VAB/SPH. It might be an interaction with another mod, so when I get home I'll throw up my mod list and try some combinations (don't have time to check them all unfortunately).

On 4/23/2016 at 7:00 PM, selfish_meme said:

I did test the latest version on 64Bit, will test 32bit when I get a chance

I have this working under Linux now, please download the beta and try it out:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EditorExtensionsRedux/releases/tag/3.2.1.10-beta

Thanks

1 hour ago, troyfawkes said:

Yeah this exactly, no errors, not even a crash log. The other thing is it doesn't occur on stock only + EER, but the moment I re-add EER to my modded install I consistently CTD in VAB/SPH. It might be an interaction with another mod, so when I get home I'll throw up my mod list and try some combinations (don't have time to check them all unfortunately).

On 4/24/2016 at 3:22 AM, Sandworm said:

Can you please provide the following information:

OS (windows, linux or osx)
Version of the mod
whether 32 or 64 bit

Re logs, you may be looking at the wrong log file.  The correct log files are:

Windows:   KSPDIR/KSP_x64_Data/output_log.txt

Linux (and probably OSX as well): HOMEDIR/.config/unitry3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Thanks