[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

Couldn't see anything wrong with my install of EE or Clickthrough Blocker - seems to be fine post uninstall/reinstall though :D

Assuming you used CKAN, then you must have updated the dependencies as well

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bolttanker said:

hey now its working BUT its not showing the number or angle

Hm...dependency (ClickThroughBlocker) is installed and up to date? Also check your mod settings while in the editor. The settings window got 3 tabs: Settings 1, Settings 2 and Angle Snap. Settings 1 got a 'Max. Symmetry' value which should be 20. 'Angle Snap' contains a list of all available angles (default are 1,5, 15, 22.5, 30, 45, 60, 90 degree). If your angle list is empty, add these values manually.

If this doesn't help, you should upload your logfile.

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Found a little bug when using individual angle snap values and the rotate tool. Looks like the first rotation step does not use the correct angle but a smaller one. I've recorded a sortl video for you when I tried to use a 27° angle but this also happens with other 'non default' angles. (No, I'm not pressing 'shift' during the first step^^)

I'm running KSP 1.4.3 and the latest release of EEX & dependencies.

Mod list (AFAIK everything is up to date):

Spoiler

ModuleManager v3.0.7.0
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.6.5
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
ToolbarControl v0.1.6.9
DistantObject v1.9.1.24206
EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.19.3
KerbalEngineer v1.1.5.2
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
BetterManeuvering v1.0.4.0
PlanetShine v0.2.6.1
RCSBuildAid v0.9.7.1
scatterer v0.0.0.0

output_log (got no errors or exceptions but for the sake of completenes ;) )

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Joshuawood said:

Does anyone have any idea how to get the old version for KSP 1.3.1? 

By looking through the release section of the github repository of linuxgurugamer, linked in the first post: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EditorExtensionsRedux/releases

Scroll down until you find the 'KSP 1.3.1 Update' (thats version 3.3.14). Version 3.3.16 is the last one before this mod got updated to 1.4.1 and by taking a quick peak into the .version file, this is the last release for 1.3.1

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

The "No Offset Limit" option doesn't seem to work for the stock strut connectors. Is that a know issue or should I make a complete bug report? :)

I am sure this bug was recently introduced as the feature seems to work fine in 1.3.1.

Edited by Three_Pounds

On 6/15/2018 at 5:09 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer

Found a little bug when using individual angle snap values and the rotate tool. Looks like the first rotation step does not use the correct angle but a smaller one. I've recorded a sortl video for you when I tried to use a 27° angle but this also happens with other 'non default' angles. (No, I'm not pressing 'shift' during the first step^^)

I'm running KSP 1.4.3 and the latest release of EEX & dependencies.

Mod list (AFAIK everything is up to date):

Reveal hidden contents

ModuleManager v3.0.7.0
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.6.5
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
ToolbarControl v0.1.6.9
DistantObject v1.9.1.24206
EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.19.3
KerbalEngineer v1.1.5.2
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
BetterManeuvering v1.0.4.0
PlanetShine v0.2.6.1
RCSBuildAid v0.9.7.1
scatterer v0.0.0.0

output_log (got no errors or exceptions but for the sake of completenes ;) )

I have not looked at the code yet, but I wonder if that has to do with the angle not dividing equally into 360?

Possibly the first smaller angle is what is left after finding the maximum number than can fit?

Can you try a non default angle such as 10?

@Zah I used this mod some time ago and it is very useful if you want some acurate angles but sometimes you don't want to pick up an already placed part just to rotate it again. It's not even a big deal for me but if I find a bug which can be reproduced, I'll report it ;)

Anyway, thank you for pointing out this great mod, it might be helpful in the future :)

@linuxgurugamer I got an issue I never had before -  and no exceptions in the log.

Like I accidentally toggled something by pressing a button...

When using the Tool: Move I normally can either move in bigger steps or by pressing MOD/ALT in smaller steps.

But now, in my actual session, after releasing the mouse button the part jumps back where it was before I started to move it ...

What could that be?

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@linuxgurugamer I got an issue I never had before -  and no exceptions in the log.

Like I accidentally toggled something by pressing a button...

When using the Tool: Move I normally can either move in bigger steps or by pressing MOD/ALT in smaller steps.

But now, in my actual session, after releasing the mouse button the part jumps back where it was before I started to move it ...

What could that be?

No idea, never heard of this before

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, never heard of this before

I just recognized that this ONLY happens inside of the stock service bay when I attach something "radially" - so not at the node, but surface attached.

It was not like that the last time I did something like this last week.

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

What could that be?

Consider the possibility of being a KSP bug. I got this problem (or a similar one, who knows?) on KSP 1.4.2 (way before I started to use  EdEx), and that was the reason I stuck with 1.4.1 for so long. (I'm still developing on it, to tell you the true)

48 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I just recognized that this ONLY happens inside of the stock service bay when I attach something "radially" - so not at the node, but surface attached.

It was not like that the last time I did something like this last week.

Yes. This is EXACTLY what was happening to me. I think this confirms my thesis.

And to tell you the true, you helped on an idea to try to overcome it during my designs.

14 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@linuxgurugamer @Lisias I got it, it's because of https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/175881-144-animatedattachment-203-now-with-animated-surface-attachments-2018-07-071/

You have to disable that feature on the part where the part is attached to that should be moved.

@Katten

Please post a message in that forum detailing the issue.

Does it happen without EEX installed?  If so, then his mod definitely  has a bug

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got it, it's because of https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/175881-144-animatedattachment-203-now-with-animated-surface-attachments-2018-07-071/

You have to disable that feature on the part where the part is attached to that should be moved.

Interesting. I don't have it installed, and I don't remember having it installed then. But now that you have nailed at least a Modus Operandi, I can confirm it for sure. I still have that 1.4.1 installment, as it is being used for a Role Playing.

— EDIT --

I have the B9AnimationModules on that installment… Good catch, @Gordon Dry!! It really worths a broader investigation!

Edited by Lisias

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my first post on the forums, but I've been snooping for years.

I was just wondering if 1.4.5 broke compatibility of this mod for everyone, or if its just me with some issues going on. I can post my mod list if required.

Disregard! I'm on a fresh install and installing the toolbar controller dependency fixed my issue.

Edited by 104th_Fallen
new information

On 7/30/2018 at 4:04 PM, 104th_Fallen said:

I was just wondering if 1.4.5 broke compatibility of this mod for everyone

Is anyone else experiencing issues with EEX in 1.4.5? Just curious, because everything seems to be working since I upgraded to 1.4.5 and then started a new game. But then I noticed today I can't change the Symmetry Type or Angle Snap using the 'C' or 'Shift-C' key or the Symmetry Count using 'X' or 'Shift-X'.

I'm still investigating and trying to diagnose, but it's very odd. I can see the EEX button, open the settings, other keys work, etc. Just can't use the buttons to change the angles.

(And yes, I tested to make sure my keyboard was working :0.0: C c X x)

UPDATE: (2 HOURS LATE-AIR...) It's definitely a mod conflict problem. Not EEX. I deleted the game, reinstalled completely fresh from Steam. Deleted CKAN and everything it had ever downloaded. Re-installed EEX 3.3.19.3 (latest) from CKAN. Go to VAB, and voila... functionality is back in all it's glory.

Anyway, so now it's back to mod troubleshooting... Yay

Edited by scottadges

On 8/3/2018 at 11:22 AM, scottadges said:

Is anyone else experiencing issues with EEX in 1.4.5? Just curious, because everything seems to be working since I upgraded to 1.4.5 and then started a new game. But then I noticed today I can't change the Symmetry Type or Angle Snap using the 'C' or 'Shift-C' key or the Symmetry Count using 'X' or 'Shift-X'.

I'm still investigating and trying to diagnose, but it's very odd. I can see the EEX button, open the settings, other keys work, etc. Just can't use the buttons to change the angles.

(And yes, I tested to make sure my keyboard was working :0.0: C c X x)

UPDATE: (2 HOURS LATE-AIR...) It's definitely a mod conflict problem. Not EEX. I deleted the game, reinstalled completely fresh from Steam. Deleted CKAN and everything it had ever downloaded. Re-installed EEX 3.3.19.3 (latest) from CKAN. Go to VAB, and voila... functionality is back in all it's glory.

Anyway, so now it's back to mod troubleshooting... Yay

Actually, those keys are stock keys, and every once in a while, they go funny.  You didn't need to delete everything, just delete the stock settings file