[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Something went wrong during the mod installation. There is a "EditorExtensionsRedux" folder in your GameData directory but it seem to be empty, neither the "EditorExtensionsRedux.dll", nor the bundled "MiniAVC.dll" or any of the textures are loaded into the game.

Just in case, download a fresh copy of the mod and reinstall it :)

Oh wow. I feel like an idiot for not checking that first! Not sure how that happened because I checked the source I copied it from and it was all there. Must have got messed up when I did an undo by mistake. Thanks for that!

EEX may need a setting to disable autostruts from working on/through robotic parts. I had the damndest time figuring out why my robots kept refusing to move, turns out they were glued together with autostruts.

Parent autostruts might be okay, but grandparent struts definitely aren't gonna work for you.

Edited by Frostiken

• 3 weeks later...

On action groups view I'm trying to assign action for one single part, ignoring all symmetry-related parts. How can I do it? I don't want to remove symmetry, i need symmetry for further construction. Or... even if I remove symmetry - how do I activate it back?

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 3.3.22

•     Added default config files for the angle snaps.  
  •     Added new button to select the stock angle snap defaults
  •     Added InstallChecker

Depending on demand, I may enhance this, but for now, open the settings, and click either the Defaults or Stock to get the desired angle snaps

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi there,

I recently bit the bullet, made the jump from 1.2 to 1.7 and updated all my mods (20 give or take). Everything seems to work fine except for two: EER and RCS build aid, so two mods that are supposed to load in VAB.

Oddly, when in VAB, the EER icon is being displayed, but when I click on it, nothing happens. Key bindings don't work, when in flight, autostrut is no option, so I guess it's completely "offline" (except for the icon in VAB).

I tried re-installing and I tried a 1.6 version of EER. Same issue.

Any idea what may be the cause of this?

Cheers!

[Edit: I'm not using CKAN.]

Edited by Qaspar

3 hours ago, Qaspar said:

Hi there,

I recently bit the bullet, made the jump from 1.2 to 1.7 and updated all my mods (20 give or take). Everything seems to work fine except for two: EER and RCS build aid, so two mods that are supposed to load in VAB.

Oddly, when in VAB, the EER icon is being displayed, but when I click on it, nothing happens. Key bindings don't work, when in flight, autostrut is no option, so I guess it's completely "offline" (except for the icon in VAB).

I tried re-installing and I tried a 1.6 version of EER. Same issue.

Any idea what may be the cause of this?

Cheers!

[Edit: I'm not using CKAN.]

hi Qaspar, not using ckan, so have you install all dependencies ?

9 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

hi Qaspar, not using ckan, so have you install all dependencies ?

Turns out, no. I had overlooked the dependencies section on the first post, despite reading it multiple times... :rolleyes:

Runs like a charm now, thanks! Can't tell you how satisfying it is to have custom angle snap back, I'm soooooo glad this mod exists.

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

my one desire is to have it also provide resource/craft info like KER does - so I can uninstall KER since that is basically all I use it for.

But that is then a duplication of code.  Besides, this mod is modifying the editor.  

Specifically what resource/craft info are you looking for, might not be too difficult to code.

59 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

But that is then a duplication of code.  Besides, this mod is modifying the editor.  

Specifically what resource/craft info are you looking for, might not be too difficult to code.

in the editors KER provides two small but very helpful windows - see below image:

Spoiler

image.png

only thing that would also be helpful would be to have a crew current/max added to the vessel (0/4)

19 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

in the editors KER provides two small but very helpful windows - see below image:

Hide contents

image.png

only thing that would also be helpful would be to have a crew current/max added to the vessel (0/4)

To avoid unnecessary duplication of code, it might make more sense to pull that code into a separate mod.  Probably not too hard, I'll take a look this evening if I have time

47 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

To avoid unnecessary duplication of code, it might make more sense to pull that code into a separate mod.  Probably not too hard, I'll take a look this evening if I have time

was thinking of doing so - just making sure I didn't reinvent the wheel. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer first let me say you are a Kod among Kerbins for all your mods.  Thanks for many hours of awesomeness not otherwise possible without your great work on KSP.   

OK so down to business.  Got a CTD that keeps happening.  It hit everytime I am in/going to VAB.  OR the SPH.  It's intermittent about every half hour or so.  

Usually I get no log trace, this time I did and in common.txt it looks like EditorExtensionsRedux. 

I hope this is the culprit and that it can be fixed its the last thing keeping me from a perfect as possible ksp experience...

This is the error.log stack dump.  All of the CTD's have the same sort of message - access violation to a valid memory location (ie not 0x00000000) and all have the same EIP instruction set which the opcode is for mov which make sense given the error

https://pastebin.com/0fsReNXz

Too big to pastebin the rest of the stuff...

This is the common.log

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AhBGIkI6WIgGgcQOomO1uq7UzyTwvg?e=oZVykQ

This is KSP.log

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhBGIkI6WIgGgcQMt1_TW5dIEqJEBw?e=fI0pYG

This is from the Exception Detector

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhBGIkI6WIgGgcQNoYhIfaLxF4GbCw?e=9lja4q

Anything I can do to help let me know I can fork the repo and do some extra testing. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or the key bindings for snap and mirroring are broken with 1.8?

Rebinding the X and C from input settings, makes it work again, but it's interesting why they got broken, so just wanted to share.

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter
Further explaination

7 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

Is it just me or the key bindings for snap and mirroring are broken with 1.8?

Rebinding the X and C from input settings, makes it work again, but it's interesting why they got broken, so just wanted to share.

I've had that happen several times in 1.7.3 as well, so I don't think 1.8 is to blame.  I haven't figured out which mod is removing those bindings, though.  (EER is a plausible culprit, but it could also be something else.)

30 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

I've had that happen several times in 1.7.3 as well, so I don't think 1.8 is to blame.  I haven't figured out which mod is removing those bindings, though.  (EER is a plausible culprit, but it could also be something else.)

my bet is on a malformed part.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dirt_Merchant said:

any plans to update to 1.8.1 or do you expect that it is currently compatible?

There are no changes from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 except bug fixes.

I am still working on updating all my mods (>200) to 1.8, please don't ask for instant updates, especially when you haven't bothered to try it yourself

On 11/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

There are no changes from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 except bug fixes.

I am still working on updating all my mods (>200) to 1.8, please don't ask for instant updates, especially when you haven't bothered to try it yourself

consider me properly informed and admonished.

• 2 weeks later...