[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Al2Me6 said:

I've been told that the new version (3.4.3.2) produces the following logspam:

[EXC 20:48:48.947] TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 0100005a (from typeref, class/assembly EditorLogicBase, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.OnGUI () (at <a5212d5164ff40c8840dd8c9f42ef3c9>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

This is so useless.  There is so much information missing.

Helps to know what you were doing, what other mods are installed, what version of the game is being run, etc

Complete log file, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is so useless.  There is so much information missing.

Helps to know what you were doing, what other mods are installed, what version of the game is being run, etc

Complete log file, please

Sorry, I don't know what the other guys are running, but I hit the same issue I think.  I did a clean install of 1.10.1 and went through the installation steps for Realistic Progression using CKan yesterday.  EER didn't seem to work at all.  The toolbar icon is there but the menu doesn't come up and the hotkeys don't respond and the additional symmetry and snap options weren't there.  I finally found this thread and thought it might be the recent update so I downloaded the 3.4.2 version of EER, which works just fine.

I know I'm running outdated versions of things with Realistic Progression and that might be causing issues, but maybe this can help you isolate the issue.

Never uploaded a log before.  I hope this works and helps.

Log

EDIT: To be clear, this log was created while running the newest version of EER available from CKan, not the 3.4.2 version I downgraded to.

Edited by Allekatrase
clarification.

6 hours ago, Allekatrase said:

Sorry, I don't know what the other guys are running, but I hit the same issue I think.  I did a clean install of 1.10.1 and went through the installation steps for Realistic Progression using CKan yesterday.  EER didn't seem to work at all.  The toolbar icon is there but the menu doesn't come up and the hotkeys don't respond and the additional symmetry and snap options weren't there.  I finally found this thread and thought it might be the recent update so I downloaded the 3.4.2 version of EER, which works just fine.

I know I'm running outdated versions of things with Realistic Progression and that might be causing issues, but maybe this can help you isolate the issue.

Never uploaded a log before.  I hope this works and helps.

Log

EDIT: To be clear, this log was created while running the newest version of EER available from CKan, not the 3.4.2 version I downgraded to.

Ah, that helps.   I tested on 1.11, I may need to lock the version 

Ok, you will have to stick with 3.4.2, I'll get CKAN and the .version files updated

New release, 3.4.3.3

• Updated .version file for min version of KSP to 1.11.1

As noted in previous posts, versions 3.4.3.1 and newer don't work in KSP 1.10, use 3.4.2 for that

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Updated last line to refer to 3.4.2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 2:38 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

As noted in previous posts, versions 3.4.3.1 and newer don't work in KSP 1.10, use 3.4.3 for that

I came over here to report a similar issue to @Allekatrase , namely that Editor Extensions 3.4.3 wasn't working with my RP-1 install on KSP 1.10.1.  Following his advice I downgraded to 3.4.2.  From a quick test that version seems to work.

6 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

I came over here to report a similar issue to @Allekatrase , namely that Editor Extensions 3.4.3 wasn't working with my RP-1 install on KSP 1.10.1.  Following his advice I downgraded to 3.4.2.  From a quick test that version seems to work.

Did you read the previous post?  The one right above your post?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you read the previous post?  The one right above your post?

Yes I did.

You said that for KSP 1.10.1 people should stick to 3.4.3 (which is also the most recent version that ckan thinks is compatible with 1.10.1).

I'm saying that 3.4.3 doesn't work (at least on my RP-1 install), and that I needed to downgrade to 3.4.2 .   That was also the same version that Allekatrase reported worked for him.

1 minute ago, AVaughan said:

Yes I did.

You said that for KSP 1.10.1 people should stick to 3.4.3 (which is also the most recent version that ckan thinks is compatible with 1.10.1).

I'm saying that 3.4.3 doesn't work (at least on my RP-1 install), and that I needed to downgrade to 3.4.2 .   That was also the same version that Allekatrase reported worked for him.

Well, the first line of the post said 3.4.2, I just updated the last line to say the same

• 2 weeks later...

In the ksp1.10, it was added Toggle Snap Angle/Height hotkey for the fairings, that doesn't work with the EER.

By default it is the same "C" key as Toggle Angle Snap, and in the clear stock game while building fairings,  snapping to angles enables/disables by pressing "C" as expected.
A state of snapping equals to the Toggle Angle Snap icon.

EER change Toggle Angle Snap feature (it is no longer a toggler, but NO-1-2-5-...-60-90 angle cycle) and Toggle Snap Angle/Height for the fairings no longer works.
It is "None", though "C" in the setting is specified, and Toggle Angle Snap is working.

1VuwmWu.jpeg

ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h243TIDRG9P6cC2R
player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h28x9aRcLL-Frpba

Edited by flart

23 hours ago, flart said:

In the ksp1.10, it was added Toggle Snap Angle/Height hotkey for the fairings, that doesn't work with the EER.

By default it is the same "C" key as Toggle Angle Snap, and in the clear stock game while building fairings,  snapping to angles enables/disables by pressing "C" as expected.

EER change Toggle Angle Snap feature (it is no longer a toggler, but NO-1-2-5-...-60-90 angle cycle) and Toggle Snap Angle/Height for the fairings no longer works.
It is "None", though "C" in the setting is specified, and Toggle Angle Snap is working.

it's been a year, and you are the first person to mention this.  I wasn't even aware.

I've confirmed this.

I'll look into it, but at a first look, don't know what's going on, it might not be fixable, I'll see what I can do

New release, 3.4.3.5

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12
  • Removed some whitespace (formatting issues in code only)
On 7/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, flart said:

It actually DOES work, and works the same way.  You just have to toggle the angle snap using the C key until the number of the angle snaps in the lower left changes to a circle.

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the text in the tooltip instructions.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, flart said:

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 3.4.3.5

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12
  • Removed some whitespace (formatting issues in code only)

It actually DOES work, and works the same way.  You just have to toggle the angle snap using the C key until the number of the angle snaps in the lower left changes to a circle.

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the text in the tooltip instructions.

Just do Alt+C. It'll swtich between the circle and the last angle snap setting. Not sure what to do with a Mac.

• 3 weeks later...

EER isn't allowing me to go above 8 way symmetry like it says it should, :/.
It only allows me to do 1R, 2R, 3R, 4R, 6R and 8R, I have tried everything I know how to do, but nothing seems be allowing me to get past way 8 way symmetry.
Help would gladly be appreciated.
I'm using KSP 1.10 and EER 3.4.2

Edited by SpaceXEnthusiast
More information

22 hours ago, SpaceXEnthusiast said:

It only allows me to do 1R, 2R, 3R, 4R, 6R and 8R, I have tried everything I know how to do, but nothing seems be allowing me to get past way 8 way symmetry.

Are you sure you have EEX installed?  Would help, as I always say and ask, to provide a log file for analysis

On 8/12/2021 at 5:31 PM, SpaceXEnthusiast said:

@linuxgurugamerI'm also experiencing this behaviour.

Steps to reproduce:

• Check EEX settings - Max symmetry set to 20.
  • Click save.
  • Click symmetry button in editor - button cycles from 1R to 8R.
  • Go into EEX settings - set Max symmetry to 4.
  • Click save.
  • Click symmetry button in editor - button still cycles from 1R to 8R.

It appears that for some reason, the max symmetry setting is not being applied. Granted I've got a fairly well modded install and may be experiencing a mod interaction I've not spotted.

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Yd0k2SCEHjr0mn-PXzlAmLf8S4z-Ce4K?usp=sharing

On 8/12/2021 at 12:31 PM, SpaceXEnthusiast said:

12 minutes ago, IntoSpaceAgain said:

@linuxgurugamerI'm also experiencing this behaviour.

Steps to reproduce:

• Check EEX settings - Max symmetry set to 20.
  • Click save.
  • Click symmetry button in editor - button cycles from 1R to 8R.
  • Go into EEX settings - set Max symmetry to 4.
  • Click save.
  • Click symmetry button in editor - button still cycles from 1R to 8R.

It appears that for some reason, the max symmetry setting is not being applied. Granted I've got a fairly well modded install and may be experiencing a mod interaction I've not spotted.

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Yd0k2SCEHjr0mn-PXzlAmLf8S4z-Ce4K?usp=sharing

Clicking the button only gets you into the stock code,  Try using the symmetry key, which defaults to the X key