[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, theersink said:

Slight incompatibility with Part Angle Display. EER and PAD causes parts to rotate at offset angles and tilts the parts when rotating. Almost looks like the part is rotating around an invisible sphere instead of the surface of the part. Uninstalled PAD and rotation went back to normal. Not a big deal for me as I don't use PAD much. Might cause other issues though with editor, i only tried with rotation.

Interesting, I'll contact the author

5 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

Just got updated to 3.3.5.1 and am no longer seeing the mass tweakables for autostrut... is this intentional or do I need to find logs for you?

Thanks for the quick update!

Danny

There is a checkbox on the menu to show the Mass Tweakables.  You need to set it on, then move the mouse off and back over the toolbar button.  OR, enable Advanced Tweakables in the main menu, the editor menu follows that

5 hours ago, mechanicH said:

Something is wrong with the EEX menu in the VAB and SPH. When i hover my mouse over it only half of it pops up. Did i do something wrong  or is this a bug in the new update. It did not do this in the previous version.   

The mass Tweakables is now optional, controlled by a checkbox on the menu.  You need to set it on, then move the mouse off and back over the toolbar button .  You need to set it on, then move the mouse off and back over the toolbar button. OR, enable Advanced Tweakables in the main menu, the editor menu follows that

5 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

Also, just noticed the version id on the settings menu does not match the installed version.  At the top it says "Editor Extensions v3.2" and below tabs on settings 1 it says "Version 3.2.13.40009"

Danny

It's still 3.2, right?  The version in the tab is the complete version, the top is just the major version.  Not a bug

Ok, there's a bug with the mass tweakables menu, when Advanced Tweakables is set, the toolbar menu is too low, will be fixed in a few minutes

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, there's a bug with the mass tweakables menu, when Advanced Tweakables is set, the toolbar menu is too low, will be fixed in a few minutes

Btw  that was the problem i have,  the menu would not pop up all the way ( the toolbar menu is too low).  thanks for fixing. 

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

What KSP version, what EER version?

It was the same in 1.2 and 1.2.1, always latest version for each, I made sure of that.

local to absolute does not work for some parts. Some of the science parts for example.

Just now, Three_Pounds said:

No. Working fine for me.

Try some of the small science parts.

44 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Also no offset does not seem to work anymore. Can anyone confirm?

Works fine for me, on small science parts too (just checked the thermometer and the seismo thing)

But for me the H and V hotkey (center parts horizontaly or verticaly) does not seem to work anymore.

Fresh download from the OP here and latest KSP

Just now, Dafni said:

Works fine for me, on small science parts too (just checked the thermometer and the seismo thing)

But for me the H and V hotkey (center parts horizontaly or verticaly) does not seem to work anymore.

Fresh download from the OP here and latest KSP

Try local and absolute offset with the

Bar1.png

Presmat barometer. It also does not work with certain other parts too. Oddly no offset limits does not seem to work either..

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

Try local and absolute offset with the

Bar1.png

Presmat barometer. It also does not work with certain other parts too. Oddly no offset limits does not seem to work either..

works for me

GN4viCE.jpg

I just noticed my H and V hotkeys work for the small parts but not for tanks and pods etc... but maybe I do something wrong now. Are there limitations for those keys?

35 minutes ago, Dafni said:

works for me

GN4viCE.jpg

I just noticed my H and V hotkeys work for the small parts but not for tanks and pods etc... but maybe I do something wrong now. Are there limitations for those keys?

I've found that the snap doesn't work if it's already close to centered and if I move the part way off center they keys work. 

7 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

I've found that the snap doesn't work if it's already close to centered and if I move the part way off center they keys work. 

we are talking about offset, local and absolute

Guys I just tested again, fresh download and it does not work..

@Dafni I can prove it. Take that part you showed and randomly turn it with the rotate tool THEN try to switch between local and absolute. It is 100% BROKEN.;.;

It is the LOCAL setting that is broken.

Edited by Majorjim!