Jump to content

[1.9.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Fixed bug with local offset vs absolute offset;  Code was not using the local setting, was always using the absolute setting

Thanks for the fix linuxgurugamer. I would like to add that if anyone cannot find the correct output_log or if it is giving an incorrect KSP version number your KSP may be writing the log to this location:

C:\users\NAME\appdata\locallow\squad\kerbal space program\

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Thanks for the fix linuxgurugamer. I would like to add that if anyone cannot find the correct output_log or if it is giving an incorrect KSP version number your KSP may be writing the log to this location:

C:\users\NAME\appdata\locallow\squad\kerbal space program\

hmmm, interesting. and a bit weird too. but good find! thanks for sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites

I only had a short bit of time to test the new 3.3.7 update, but I noticed the offset limitations of a stock build were back. Might be something on my end, will have to check again later, but its the only mod I run on this install.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

EEX v3.3.7 currently has a bug with nooffsetlimit, it's not enabled by default (it shows as being enabled).

You have to disable, save, and re-enable to active this function in the settings each time you enter the SPH/VAB.

@linuxgurugamer Thank you for this wonderful mod!

 

edit: Fresh copy of KSP, no other mod(s) installed

Edited by Jim Meillente
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim Meillente said:

EEX v3.3.7 currently has a bug with nooffsetlimit, it's not enabled by default (it shows as being enabled).

You have to disable, save, and re-enable to active this function in the settings each time you enter the SPH/VAB.

Not sure if this confirms it, but had similar problems with nooffsetlimit and had to edit the EEX config file manually to correct.

Edited by Fwiffo
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Is there any way to make mods ignore keystrokes when you're typing in the ship name field?  Man, that is annoying.  Not limited to this mod of course, but this is the one that surprised me with the L key

OH, if only, if only.  I think it broke late in the 1.2 beta.  I was really hoping 1.2.1 would fix it.  Although I'm not even sure if there's an official entry in the bug tracker.  LGG knows more about this and I'm sure will give you better feedback :-).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release 3.3.8:

  • Fixed issue where NoOffsetLimits was not working upon entry into editor
  • Added ability to disable Fine Adjust window
  • Added window showing angle snaps, clickin on button will set that value
     

I just downloaded this and... the offset issue is still there. If I rotate a part a bit and then try to select local offset it gives an incorrect reading. Here is my correct output_log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aiprr8BD-R0yggfBsPeTop7d8oT5
 

Will you please also test it on your end too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fourfa said:

toggle NoOffsetLimits

As far as I am concerned Linuxgurugamer could get rid of this feature... I dont see why I should ever want to disable NoOffsetLimits.

@Majorjim! I could not test your issue yet, but will do when I get home after work tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dafni said:

As far as I am concerned Linuxgurugamer could get rid of this feature... I dont see why I should ever want to disable NoOffsetLimits.

Edited by fourfa
Agreed. Hate this forum sometimes, can't type in the main field
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dafni said:

I dont see why I should ever want to disable NoOffsetLimits.

This:

On 10/14/2016 at 4:24 PM, Fwiffo said:

Next release we might consider making the NoOffsetLimits feature a user-toggleable option.  I remember some complaints about it being bundled, and sometimes I myself would love to turn that off to avoid "cheating", while still using the rest of EER.

It's important for people who want the benefits of EEX without breaking the "cheat barriers" enforced by the stock game.  If you don't like it, just click the checkbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

This:

It's important for people who want the benefits of EEX without breaking the "cheat barriers" enforced by the stock game.  If you don't like it, just click the checkbox.

Okay, I see. Fair point.

For me its not cheating, rather I feel the stock barrier is unnecessarily limiting. But to each their own. I see your point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dafni said:

I dont see why I should ever want to disable NoOffsetLimits.

because Role Play :)

Progeny Mk2 Assembly

Edit: I realized after posting this you said "why I should" not "why anyone should" - obviously I'm not trying to tell you this is how you should play.

Edited by Drew Kerman
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Possible bug - holding down shift while using the offset gizmo does not respect the NoOffsetLimit setting (i.e. is unrestricted when the setting is disabled).

Quite possibly related to the fact that the NoOffsetLimit is again bugged with regards to local/absolute coordinates; something got reverted.

If you have time, could you install the previous version and see if it still happens there?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

I just downloaded this and... the offset issue is still there. If I rotate a part a bit and then try to select local offset it gives an incorrect reading. Here is my correct output_log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aiprr8BD-R0yggfBsPeTop7d8oT5
 

Will you please also test it on your end too?

Confirmed, in 3.3.8, but I see Linux is already ahead of the game again.

 

54 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Quite possibly related to the fact that the NoOffsetLimit is again bugged with regards to local/absolute coordinates; something got reverted.

If you have time, could you install the previous version and see if it still happens there?

Thanks

I just reinstalled 3.3.7 to double check, and it works there (correct local offset axes on rotated parts)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dafni said:

Confirmed, in 3.3.8, but I see Linux is already ahead of the game again.

 

I just reinstalled 3.3.7 to double check, and it works there (correct local offset axes on rotated parts)

Thank you for confirming. 

Something got reverted, and I haven't found it yet.  Good news is that I was able to pull 3.3.7 from git and compile it, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.  But I'm out of town for a day, probably won't get to this until tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...