[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

Hi

is this an intentional behavior?

9eff49b18cd9472387aa751784797626.png

when i move the part around that wall, the more i get toward the out line of the wall, the more that rtg rotates around the vertical axis !

also help this noob, what is the short key to change that 15 degree setting to other numbers?

Edited by Jiraiyah

How are you rotating the part, using the Rotate Gizmo or the Fine Adjust?  Shouldn't matter.  It rotates around the attach point

The keys to change the symmetry count (the 1R above) is the X key, standard key for KSP.  The key to change the amount of the snap (the 15 above) is the C key, also standard key for KSP.

To change what snap values are available, move your mouse over the EEX toolbar button, and then select Settings, then in the settings window select Angle Snap

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you rotating the part, using the Rotate Gizmo or the Fine Adjust?  Shouldn't matter.  It rotates around the attach point

The keys to change the symmetry count (the 1R above) is the X key, standard key for KSP.  The key to change the amount of the snap (the 15 above) is the C key, also standard key for KSP.

To change what snap values are available, move your mouse over the EEX toolbar button, and then select Settings, then in the settings window select Angle Snap

got you, well, i was just moving the part around and it was rotating around the attach point, question, what if that part has more than one attach point on it? because i am planning to add more than single attach point there

5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

got you, well, i was just moving the part around and it was rotating around the attach point, question, what if that part has more than one attach point on it? because i am planning to add more than single attach point there

It rotates around the attach point used to attach it to the parent.  If it is the parent, then it rotates around the center.

Hm, I did find an interesting glitch with "free snap" mode making the offset widgets not point the right direction I.E. they aren't aligned with their base part. Angle snap during offset mode still makes them point globally north so it's only free snap that's effected it seems. I don't know if you're informed of this yet?

On 11/20/2016 at 1:22 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, I did find an interesting glitch with "free snap" mode making the offset widgets not point the right direction I.E. they aren't aligned with their base part. Angle snap during offset mode still makes them point globally north so it's only free snap that's effected it seems. I don't know if you're informed of this yet?

More details, images, if possible

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

More details, images, if possible

I'll see if I can post some when I get home :) - sorry for the report w/ little detail!

I usually do my best not to post vaguely but I was having a couple of craft-related game crashes as well which I was more worried about at the moment :P. Still I wanted to let you know I was having some interesting bugs. It very well could have been craft related as the arrows where'd aligned with the part model every time I tried to move a specific set of cubic octags.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

@Jiraiyah I see that you have PartAngleDisplay installed. Try checking what its rotation settings are. That mod's default key bindings are a nightmare and you can easily override the current rotation steps by accident. I disabled all of PartAngleDisplay's key bindings and only change the rotation steps via the GUI the very very few times I actually need to do that.

Edited by MaxRebo

@linuxgurugamer Hah, that's actually the first time I ever managed to do that :ph34r::cool:

By the way, does anyone else have the problem of barely being able to reroot things without the game hanging at full single-core CPU load and requiring Alt-F4 to kill it? At first it was only radial decouplers, but by now I can't use the re-root tool on any part at all 9 times out of 10. Disabling SelectRoot in EEX settings does not seem to have any effect, so I don't think EEX is the culprit. Even just selecting the first part using stock's re-root procedure hangs the game. Is this a stock bug?

/edit nevermind, found the problem. First of all it IS a stock bug, and secondly I had a radial attachment in my craft masquerading as a stack attachment that I forgot about, which required most rerooting operations I tried to go through said radial attachment, triggering the bug. I hope they fix this in 1.2.2.

Edited by MaxRebo

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@MaxRebojust ninja'd me.

EEXR does not do anything with that key.  PAD is your problem, I suggest you remove it first, and then try using the E key again

Confirmed, it was PAD ! never thought it would cause something like this pffff. that mod is out of my list for loooong time now :D

On 16/11/2016 at 9:59 AM, Apollo13 said:

Release 3.3.10 is a bit broken. Pushing the X-key increments symmetry by 2 instead of one, i.e. 1,3,5,7,9,11,...  I've reverted back to 3.3.9.

So.. I had the same problem. I had done a sloppy install and just installed on top of the previous one. And I think the plugin location is now in a sub folder.. hence giving two copies of the plugin.

That was me told.. :blush:

1 hour ago, plausse said:

So.. I had the same problem. I had done a sloppy install and just installed on top of the previous one. And I think the plugin location is now in a sub folder.. hence giving two copies of the plugin.

Yep, same problem/solution here.  Deleted the folder and reinstalled.  Problem solved.

I am trying to use the fine adjuster to achieve a perfect 0.0 balance with RCS Build Aid. I have the settings set to Delta: .001 and Translation: 001.  Using the hotkeys, the piece makes jumps far larger then the setting I have it set to. What Im doing is moving a toroidal aerospike forward and back for the purpose of vtol landing on a planet.Getting it centered on 0.0 is the goal. I can actually get finer adjustments by zooming in very close and using the stock arrows.  Am I doing something wrong?

On 11/10/2016 at 4:33 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I tried load the craft file, but it has a part LOI???  Looks like it might be a hibernation module?

I did find a small problem in exactly that area of the code, so, before I release it, could you try it out with this DLL: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7a0qovfnjl5kds/EEXR-test.zip?dl=0

I do see your problem, actually not sure if I can do anything about it.  But please confirm, while it may be a bit disorienting, once it reorients, it works correctly, correct?

Edit:  I think i got it, just updated zip, 8:47 AM Eastern.  Please test

Hi LGG, sorry I've been away from KSP for a while.  Do you still need/want this tested and is the version at the link the latest one I should use?  Happy to try it out.

LOI = Lander Orientation Improvement.  It's a tiny part mod.  Sorry about that.

4 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

Hi LGG, sorry I've been away from KSP for a while.  Do you still need/want this tested and is the version at the link the latest one I should use?  Happy to try it out.

LOI = Lander Orientation Improvement.  It's a tiny part mod.  Sorry about that.

test the latest release.

That part looks like it's really old

On 11/7/2016 at 11:29 PM, Dafni said:

I dont see why I should ever want to disable NoOffsetLimits.

Indeed it's ancient, but it's simple and still works great.  In any case it has no bearing on the issue.  Will try the latest, thanks.

Edited by Fwiffo

Is it just me, or do the centering keys (e.g. V, H) not do anything in the SPH?  (They work in the VAB)
Also having some issues with Absolute snap not always snapping to global grid.

Thought I'd check in here to see if it's intentional or a known thing before gathering more info.

Edited by Fwiffo