[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, spirit said:

Sorry that i have to say this, but i have no idea how to create a log file, and a log file where i am trying to type the 'V' and 'H' keys in the VAB:blush:

I am returned to version 1.2.1 and then everything works just perfect :-)

To find your log file:

• Windows (32-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log. Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: See ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

4 hours ago, spirit said:

The horizontal and vertical snap 'V' and 'H' are not working in 1.2.2 Is this only with my install or has anyone else this too?

@spirit

I just tested this, it works fine.  See this video to see it working (MP4): https://www.dropbox.com/s/m45trrtlvxuba27/EEXR TEst of V and H.mp4?dl=0

I posted instructions in the previous post on how to get the log file, please read and get me the log file so I can help you.

8 hours ago, spirit said:

Sorry that i have to say this, but i have no idea how to create a log file, and a log file where i am trying to type the 'V' and 'H' keys in the VAB:blush:

You don't create a log file.  KSP does that automatically.  Mod developers need log files to troubleshoot issues.  Read this post to find out more.

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@spirit

I just tested this, it works fine.  See this video to see it working (MP4): https://www.dropbox.com/s/m45trrtlvxuba27/EEXR TEst of V and H.mp4?dl=0

I posted instructions in the previous post on how to get the log file, please read and get me the log file so I can help you.

I see it works in your video, i have the log file. I am looking for a way to give it to you.

On 12/7/2016 at 8:40 PM, spirit said:

The horizontal and vertical snap 'V' and 'H' are not working in 1.2.2 Is this only with my install or has anyone else this too?

Freaky, but today in KSP 1.2.2 without changing anything my snap 'V' and 'H' are working perfectly. I didn't change anything. But hey, it works. :D It would be the kraken I think.

3 hours ago, spirit said:

Freaky, but today in KSP 1.2.2 without changing anything my snap 'V' and 'H' are working perfectly. I didn't change anything. But hey, it works. :D It would be the kraken I think.

Yeah the same thing happened to me not long ago in 1.2.1.  Never did find out why it temporarily didn't work or what fixed it.

So, when I go into the VAB, the first time I see a message that EEX is not for update 1.2.2, the icon is present at the bottom but non of the functionality of the mod seems to be working.

Anyone where it is working who can point me to the solution?

28 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Patience! Linuxgurugamer is maintaining a metric ton of plugins and he'll get around updating this one in time. Just wait until he releases a compatible version.

Of course, I was not pushing or anything, just asking the people claiming it to be working. If it wasn't such a wonderful mod no one would complain.

10 hours ago, Jenteb07 said:

So, when I go into the VAB, the first time I see a message that EEX is not for update 1.2.2, the icon is present at the bottom but non of the functionality of the mod seems to be working.

Anyone where it is working who can point me to the solution?

It's already been updated, you just need to install the new version (mentioned in a few posts earlier)

• 2 weeks later...

the (relatively) new animation for horizontal/vertical snap is really slick, but is there any way of turning it off? (i didn't see anything of the sort in the settings).  when i'm snapping a million parts i'd prefer to see instant results rather than sit around waiting for them to slide into place.

as always, thanks for this incredible mod -- one of the most essential in my enormous collection.

On 1/17/2016 at 4:24 AM, speedwaystar said:

suggestion: a small floating pallet with edit boxes to manually type in exact rotation, offset and angle snap for the active part.

God I want this so bad. I'm about to have a fit because my engines are attached to the wings but they're all pointing like 1 degree off prograde because of the shape of the wings and how KSP handles snapping. Trying to go in and fix them by hand will be the death of me. Working on an SSTO spaceplane, and watching half an hour of squinting and zooming in/out and panning back and forth to get the engines lined up perfect go down the liquider because my design doesn't work and I have to start all over for the third time might just make me cry. I JUST WANT IT TO POINT WITH THE BANGY END FACING THE BACK WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?!?

Space is hard.

• 3 weeks later...

did you ever find out what is happening with the hotkeys not working?

I've been having this problem too.  but its more than just the hotkeys not working, even clicking the symmetry and angles manually only stock function and angles are cycled.

edit:  i have no clue how, but the snap and symmetry ( X, C )  keybindings were set to <none> in the game settings?  idk how this happened.

Edited by TK421d

4 hours ago, TK421d said:

did you ever find out what is happening with the hotkeys not working?

I've been having this problem too.  but its more than just the hotkeys not working, even clicking the symmetry and angles manually only stock function and angles are cycled.

edit:  i have no clue how, but the snap and symmetry ( X, C )  keybindings were set to <none> in the game settings?  idk how this happened.

Had the same issue and don't know how.

11 hours ago, Alexical said:

I found that renaming a ship or editing its description can trigger the hotkeys, is there some way to fix this? WASD editor camera also has this problem.

That's a KSP bug, not much I can do about that, sorry.  And I am aware of the WASD issue also, there is a feature request for that mod to add an ability to disable the wasd keys temporarily

I have not had the chance to play much since the last patch, but i suspect it was something in that patch that did it.  the hotkeys were unbound the (before i changed/updated any mods).

Was really kinda shocked to find they were unbound, but it has happened before.  I'm not sure but i think it was either .23 or .24 but i had a couple hotkeys that were suddenly unbound after that patch (whichever one it was).  I dont recall what mod it was either, but there were a few of us discussing it in a mod thread baffled untill we discovered the keys unbound in the stock settings.

heh, sorry for the ambiguity, the ram in my organic matter is getting full and old data is being purged...

Edited by TK421d